1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A little more funky..., March 28 2004
Jarin (Vancouver,Can ada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Resurrected (Audio CD)
I have been a huge jacksoul fan since they got their start way back in 1996...while their first CD took a little time to grow on me, I adored Sleepless as soon as I bought it, and was still listening to it on a regular basis up until the release of their new album. Resurrected is another high quality offering from jacksoul, and i wouldn't expect less from them. While it is generally a little more upbeat than Sleepless(musically, not necessarily content-wise, there are some serious issues to be dealt with on this disc), it is extremely soulful and amazing. I love Haydain Neale's voice, and some of the tracks (especially Getting It On!!!! so fabulous) I could listen to over and over. I bought this album the day it came out and haven't stopped listening to it yet. While a couple of the tracks stand out more than others, it is definitely a cohesive album that hangs together quite well and there is never a dull moment. I can't wait until they (hopefully) come to town to promote it so I can have the complete jacksoul experience...don't delay, go buy this CD!

Resurrected
Resurrected by jacksoul (Audio CD - 2004)