5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this cd
I enjoyed this Patience cd...George has a amazing voice and he brings it on this cd..I recommend this cd to everyone who loves George .
Published 11 months ago by Frank Aszody

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous 3 albums
Published on June 1 2004 by Behroz 'Bob' MALIK

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this cd, May 12 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CD, July 10 2004
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
Well, George Michael is back after almost a 10 year absence: and he hasnt lost his touch.
PATIENCE is a very good album, and i cant seem to understand why people are trashing it as much as they are.
Its not a 5 star cd, but it comes close.
This album is more based on his life in the past years hes been gone, and add some good "pop" songs on here, and you get this one. Some of my favorites:
AMAZING is a good and simple song and is underrated in my opinion. How many people can be gone for so long and still sound great?
FLAWLESS (GO TO THE CITY) takes the song Flawless made famous by The Ones (one of my favorite songs discovered via internet radio) and updates it via georges lyrics! The lyrics are kind of "weird", but its still a great song. Sounds like the stuff being played out here.
SHOOT THE DOG is "only" found on the import edition and not on the US edition. Gueesing due to the "Anti Bush" tone it has, but its a good song, considering it was released 2 years ago.
JOHN AND ELVIS ARE DEAD in my opinion is one good ballad.
THROUGH is emotional as how he describes his feelings and times he has been criticized in he later part of his career. If PATIENCE is his last album as it has been reported, this SHOULD be his final single.
All in all, its not the same george that brough us Freedom 90, (one of my VERY FAVORITE SONGS EVER), Outside, Faith, and countless others, but fans of his might be a bit disappointed... except ths one.
George Michael has lasted as long as Janet and Madonna and others. Some may have lost their touch and have made wrong turns (musically), but George Michael's voice seems as unchanged since the last time we heard from him... and thats a VERY GOOD THING!
RATING: about a 4.5 OUT OF 5

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!!, June 23 2004
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
I have waited so long for George Michael to release a new CD. It was worth the wait. Anyone who likes his Faith CD or his Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1 CD will LOVE this one. Thank you GM for not forgetting you faithful fans. I really hope the success of this CD will inspire him to not make this his final CD. I am so upset that the US version was incomplete! I would have never bought it. I prefer the import and it is worth it. GM has talent that is so rare in music these days

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite enjoyable!, June 22 2004
Lindsay Levesque (Toronto) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
I borrowed my mothers copy of the cd, to see if i'd like it, and so far i'm enjoying the songs. I agree with one of the reviews that more upbeat songs would be welcome, as those songs really work well for him. The ballads are nice, but the faster tunes are great in the car....:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Patience is a virtue, June 10 2004
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
A long wait for new material from George Michael. It's a solid album, he has a great voice and a good ear for what works. However, it sounds a lot like his other albums. He doesn't really grow or expand with each new release. It is a safe bet, but it would be nice for him to experiment a bit more. His last official album (so he says). Highlights include Flawless, Precious Box, Freeek 04, Patience, Cars and Trains, and My Mother Had A Brother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautifull, tragically inspiring, a masterpiece, June 8 2004
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
, the words, music, voice, and arrangements are worlds apart from the fast food generation of other artists. no one comes close to touching you emotionally than this musically genius. A timeless classic, you will still be listening to this, when all the rest of your pop collection has been filed in the bin. And then youll realise why. in a word quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars POP CLASSIC 2004., June 7 2004
Petar Stajic (Windsor, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
This is an album, I think, a lot of people were waiting for, for a really long time. The title PATIENCE seems totally appropriate, not only from fans point of view but also from George's. It took 5 years to complete everything together and make it what we hear on the record. It's only HIS 4th studio album and it's a true masterpiece. I LOVE the whole tone from start to end. At this point, I have it for full 3 months and I can't stop listening to it. George is one of the rare artists, who sticks to HIS artistic integrity. HIS work always seems to be 100% (in my opinion).
In terms of writing, there are many stories on this album. I love the way HE expressed himself. I know there are a lot of great writers in pop-music, but what George did on this album, I think HE reached new level. Listening to the music on this album seems like a very deep conversation with a good friend or someone one would give complete attention. You can totally feel that the stuff on PATIENCE comes from some deep, personal places. The music and melodies are also great - very unique and original the way HE always does his music.
I think pop-music in recent years has been really trashed. We (the audience) were really bombarded with new "pop-stars" coming out all the time and everything sounds the same and repetitive. The originality, integrity and irony are 3 major elements missing in pop-music today. THIS ALBUM HAS GOT IT ALL. The sound is very mixed up and there is everything here - from jazzy-pop, to funky-dance-techno sounds. There is a Latin flavor also and at one point even hip-hop. Once again, George shows his talents in many ways by making this instant classic. I totally love this album and I absolutely recommend it to everybody who is looking for something fresh and original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back George, June 3 2004
Robert G Yokoyama (Mililani, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
George Michael is back with an excellent CD. Amazing is a great dance hit about how being in love with someone can turn your life around. This song is really about a celebration of love. Flawless is a good techno dance song about having confidence in yourself. My Mother had a Brother is a sad song about the suicide of George's uncle. This is a very touching personal track. I really liked it.
Please Send Me Someone is a pleasant song dedicated to George's lover Anselmo. George wrote this song to tell his fans that he is finally happy with his life. Cars and Trains is another one of my favorite songs. It has thoughtful lyrics about how people can make wrong decisions in life and get caught in bad and often destructive relationships.
Patience is the album George Michael fans have been waiting for. The subject matter on this album is more mature and serious. George sounds great too!

4.0 out of 5 stars SOLID and WORTH BUYING! - Glad you are back George!!, June 2 2004
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
George Michael's unique style shines though. The CD has some wonderfully deep, emotional songs (Patience, My Mother Had a Brother...) as well as catchy tunes (Amazing, Cars and Trains, Please Find Me Someone) and 'Flawless' is a techno style/dance song. One thing I really noticed on this CD - he has an incredible voice and the album delivers a little bit of everything. It's my favorite CD in the car right now!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous 3 albums, June 1 2004
This review is from: Patience (Audio CD)
Nah,I dont think its as good as the 3 previous ones.FAITH , LWP and OLDER.I am a big big fan of GM.I Think the biggest Pakistani fan :).I've got all his cds,DVDs,Vcds and even WHAM! concert live in china on VHS.But This album,there are 2 songs that should'nt have been there on the cd 1- Round here and 2-Please send me someone to love.instead of them there should've been 2 dance tracks.
And what happened to the track 'SNAKE BITE' which GM was about to release as a single after the release of 'FREEEK' back in 2002. WHY GM uses so less music in his songs now a days.I can hardly hear any music in the background on his ballads.GM ur voice is wonderful gr8 but please give us some music too.I would like to hear you sing with a loud electric guitar.THE songs on 'OLDER' were gr8 .very JAZZY I love it.but therz something missing on this album I think u r still very depressed.Please release a new album and make that album with a HAPPY mood.
I think the songs of 'Patience' will sound gr8 on a LIVE performance.Please start touring and sing ur new songs.U're great when comes to LIVE performance specially ballads and add a guitarist in ur band.Can u give ur new songs a Jazzy touch? :) and on this album GM ur not using the power of ur voice fully like u did on 'PRAYING FOR TIME' and 'FREEDOM'90' .I would love to hear you loud :).
MY FAV. tracks on the album are:
1-My mother had a brother
2-AMAZING
3-American Angel
and..... 4-Through
and..... 5-Cars and Trains.

ARRAY(0xad3f2a98)

Patience
Patience by George Michael (Audio CD - 2004)
Click for more info