4.0 out of 5 stars Uh, where's the widescreen
Published on May 16 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS FROM THIS STORE
I received one copy from amazon.com last Tuesday- widescreen was not working, DVD was basically crap. Exchanged it for another one- got it yesterday- EXACT same problem. I'm returning it and getting it somewhere else. This is ridiculous.
But on the other hand- I've seen WORKING copies of the DVDs and they're awesome- what a great season!
Published on May 25 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS FROM THIS STORE, May 25 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Uh, where's the widescreen, May 16 2004
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
This DVD would have been a 5 star rating (and it is, for the content), but the widescreen is seriously off. I'm not sure if I got a faulty one (for some reason Future Shop here in Canada had it out this weekend, though the release date's not till the 18th) but there are vertical black bars on the rolling of the credits and scenes from previous episodes, and during the actual episodes, there are no horizontal bars at all (as is usually the case with widescreen). Has anyone else experienced this bizarre flaw? (And yes, all the other widescreen DVDs I have work fine with my DVD player).

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8 2014
great

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get any better, Dec 3 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
An amazingly gifted cast, brilliant strategies and plot twists and turn. Yes it's somewhat white-washed, but push that aside and enjoy the ride. Now that it's over and I have watched the entire thing, I miss it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow-up to a great first season, Nov. 8 2013
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
Aaron Sorkin has shown that great writing keeps you coming back for more. Viewers discover what really goes on behind the scenes of the political theatre that is Washington, D.C. Great drama with a good dose of irony and wit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch this within 30 days because..., Feb. 4 2012
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
I bought season 2 for 14.99. Yep... great deal, but side 2 of disc one was defective. Sadly, I didn't get around to watching this for over 30 days after I got the set... so... I could only watch episode 7 starting from the halfway point. kind of a bummer. Otherwise... GREAT SHOW... cruddy return policy.

4.0 out of 5 stars "THE LEFT WING", June 23 2004
Steven Travers "AUTHOR" (CALIFORNIA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
"The West Wing" (or "The Left Wing" as us conservatrives call it) is a brilliant piece of work, well written and very well acted. For political junkies, it is Manna from Heaven. Aaron Sorkin is a dedicated Democrat, as is the star's show, Martin Sheen. It is a show that attempts to make Democrats look like idealistic, well meaning, courageous, 24/7 workaholics. These people do exist, but in light of the recent death of Ronald Reagan and the new Bill Clinton book, it is instructive to recall that this show, along with "The American President", was an attempt to disuade the public from the realities of the Clinton Presidency. If the Democrats were all like the ones shown in "The West Wing", they would get 90 percent of the vote.
Th show does try to stay balanced on occasion, but a comparison between President Bartlett and his wife and Bill and Hillary Clinton provides a dose of reality that is not of help to Clinton apologists.
STEVEN TRAVERS
AUTHOR OF "BARRY BONDS: BASAEBALL'S SUPERMAN"
...

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST show, July 7 2004
T. Brok (St. Paul, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
Been a fan of The West Wing since the first season. I have been waiting for second one to come out. The West Wing has some of the best writing and acting on television - I would say the show is to drama television as Friends is to sitcoms. I absolutely recommend getting The West Wing - The Complete Second Season, as well as The West Wing - The Complete First Season. They're well-worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show, disappointing DVD, June 27 2004
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
Sadly, this DVD does not do the 2nd season justice. The extras are almost non-existant. A few commentaries and a "virtual set tour" result in far less than half the extras the Season 1 DVD had. Still, at 40 bucks its a good deal, just not a complete steal like Season 1 (even though this season was vastly superior).

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give it more stars if I could, June 24 2004
N. K. DeBoer "Road Warrior 8411" (Lacey, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
See my review of the first season. My politics lean towards conservative more than liberal. And I don't really care for Martin Sheen that much. At least I didn't before watching this series.
Still, this is GREAT TV. In fact, it is a great show regardless of the venue.
The second season is even better than the first. If you want a show that will make you laugh, make you cry and make you feel good that you are an American try this one.
You just have to see it to appreciate what I am saying.
This is one of the very few movies that I would consider buying so that I could watch it again and again.

The West Wing: The Complete Second Season
The West Wing: The Complete Second Season by Laura Innes (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 33.74 CDN$ 14.99