Published on Aug. 17 2006 by Charmed Eyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Visually appealing but falls a little flat
Perhaps my expectations were a little skewed when I finally saw this film. At the time of its release, I recall hearing numerous people grumble about the sexuality inherent in the film. Some parents were even asking for a boycott. And all I have to say after seeing it is, um, why?
There were only a few instances that I could see someone taking umbrage at, but even...
Published on May 24 2004 by Chelle

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe that this movie didn't do well in the theatres, Aug. 17 2006
Charmed Eyes (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
This movie satisfied every craving I ever had in regards to the Peter Pan story. When I was little, it was my favourite story, but I was always disappointed that nothing happened between Peter and Wendy in the Disney version (although I know the original was extremely platonic). This one is the way Peter Pan should have been presented. The kiss was so sweet and innocent. It was nice to have a love story told without any scrap of smut. This movie really allowed me to relive my childhood again and believe in fairies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The movie and the book, Dec 6 2004
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
I love this book, but I have to admit that I watched the newest 'Peter Pan' movie, starring Jeremy Sumpter, before I actually read the classic. Although the movie including many exact or related lines right from the novel and most of the same major scenes, I found that, in the movie, there was that 'puppy-love glow' between Peter and Wendy that just made the storyline so much more interesting and sweet. The novel does show some sense of that, but not as much as the movie. The whole idea that Peter tries to hide his feelings for Wendy yet act completely irrisistable at the same time...or at the end when Peter and Hook are fighting and Hook makes him realize that he is incomplete and so on. How the movie focuses on 'feelings' in the individual stages of childhood, youth, and adulthood are most interesting and are well demonstrating in the movie. Now, I love this book very much, but I suppose I was a little disappointed when it did not include such things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, April 3 2013
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
Good movie with good actors.
Based on a popular story.
In general, entertaining and instructive all kids will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Young at Heart, Nov. 27 2012
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
Love love love! This was one of my most favorite movies when I was younger and it's still awesome! Not cheesy like some become after 'growing up' but hilarious and cute! Completely satisfied!

4.0 out of 5 stars the DVD was damaged when received, should have returned ..., June 25 2014
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
the DVD was damaged when received, should have returned it but it was the second time so I just tossed it. We've seen the movie, it's actually quite good

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow that was fast, Jan. 17 2014
Lorelei Lee (So.Cal originally) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan BD [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Was watching this on TV the day I ordered this, I can't wait for my grand-daughter to get old enough to enjoy this movie, I thought it was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars bon, Nov. 18 2013
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
pour le nostalgique une bonne vielle histoire a regardé avec les petit enfants de belle soirée en perspective avec eux

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Want to Watch it Again and Again, May 18 2004
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
In November 2003, I was stoked to learn that Peter Pan would be re-told in the way that author J.M. Barrie intended. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Peter Pan is not just some cutesy tale. There is meaning and feeling, which makes this fantasy the best of all fantasies. I saw the film three times in the theater, and I don't regret one penny I spent seeing it.
While it's fantastic on the big screen, it's still fantastic on the small screen in your living room. Most people know the story-- Peter Pan is a boy who refuses to grow up. He meets Wendy, Michael, and John Darling, whisks them away to the magical Neverland and have rip-roaring adventures together. Never did I think a film could capture the book so well. This movie does exactly that, and nothing could be better.
It's colorful, it beautiful, and the flying looks real. They're not on strings, Peter Pan is not played by a girl (Thank God!), and Tinkerbell is not just a flashlight on a wall. Peter is played by the marvelous Jeremy Sumpter, who is also in the film "Frailty." He proves himself in both movies. He's the most amazing Pan you'll ever have the pleasure to see. Newcomer Rachel Hurd-Wood plays Wendy. She brings new life to the character of Wendy. And then there is Jason Isaacs. He plays both Captain Hook and Mr. Darling, creating a Hook that is more memorable than ever before.
The DVD features are alright, I bought the movie just for the movie, not the features. The features give insight on the making of the film, which is interesting, but some of them are so short (less than two minutes on one!) that I wonder why they were even included on the DVD.
Definitely get this movie. It's perfectly for all ages, all types. It doesn't matter who you are-- the theme and meaning of Peter Pan is something that we can all relate to. The visuals are great, fantastic acting, awesome musical score (in which case, you might want to check out the soundtrack sometime!)-- overall just a wonderful film that you'll watch again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Pans Magic, Feb. 22 2004
Jessie_Bear01 "Jess" (Washington, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter Pan (Full Screen) (DVD)
When I first saw this movie in the Cinamas I was blown away! I thought it would be just like the Cartoon with a bit of Hook, but the way they shot the movie it actually felt that Never Land was real. Jeremy Stumpter was amazing as Peter Pan, I dont think anyone else could fill in that role then him. Hes a heartthrob girls, Watch Out.
Peter Pan is a GREAT movie of all ages and something the whole family can enjoy. This is why I gave it 5 stars, you can't rate it untill you see the Magic in this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars <mmmmm>, June 20 2007
This review is from: Peter Pan (Widescreen) (DVD)
I love Peter Pan. I swear, I've been in love with him since I was 3 years old. Well, not him exactly. First I wanted to be him, then I wanted to be his friend, and then I fell in love with him. This movie is awesome, Rachel Hurde-Wood is a great talent, and this is THE definitive version...no dinky little Disney cartoons...or weird cross dressing ladies...you're actually afraid of Captain Hook in this one.

Peter Pan
Peter Pan by P.J. Hogan (VHS Tape - 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 7.17