Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$11.26+ $3.49 shipping

on January 13, 2007
We are big fans of Boynton's books for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, so we thought that buying these audio CDs was an easy decision for our very active and bright 3-year-old.

However, I am really disappointed that there is no warning that they contain mature themes for preschoolers.

The main one that bugs me is "O lonely peas". A 3 year old is not emotionally capable of understanding the irony when hearing the repeated line "NOBODY LOVES YOU AT ALL". It's funny to an adult, and maybe a 5-6 year old, but I'm not sure since I'm only experienced at raising a 3.5 year old, who is pretty strong-willed and not over-sensitive - however started to cry after hearing this melancholy song which doesn't have a happy ending.

The rest of them aren't all that funny and don't captivate the attention of my daughter either.

The other CD, Philadelphia chickens, is better, but still funnier to adults than preschoolers. The music is a bit better and the lyrics are more friendly too. Consider that one, but don't buy this one.
on May 27, 2004
I bought this cd on Amazon review recommendations and I wasn't disappointed. A great cd to bring on car trips. It has a variety of songs that includes all types of music - slow, jazzy, caribbean and everything else. Even my least favorite song ("O, Lonely Peas") musically has funny lyrics. This cd appeals to both kids and adults with its catchy tunes and lyrics and as I have two toddlers who ask to hear it over and over, I give heartfelt thanks to Sandra Boyton and company.
on July 30, 2004
As soon as I got to the second song, O Lonely Peas, I was hooked. It got better from there. My kids love Tickle Time and having a Dinosaur for lunch.
Singing Sailors, Lovesick Turkey's and a sweet Boynton lullaby to finish it off. Wonderful.
on April 29, 2004
I listened to it today and am ordering more to give away! The music is a delight to both children and adults. I only wish I could see what is in my mind's eye on screen or stage. My daughter danced though the whole disc.