5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest Family Movies of all time!
This is one of the greatest family movies I have ever seen. I saw it in the theatre in 1986 (twice). I purchased the video as soon as it was released and will now purchase the DVD. I'm so glad it is finally available. If you are looking for a wonderful movie to watch with your family...this is the one to buy!
Published on July 14 2004 by Debra E. Russell

3.0 out of 5 stars Flight of the Navigator
I had watched this with my children when they were small, and enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy it quite so much this time. The acting leaves a bit to be desired, although the story is still magical.
Published 21 months ago by D. E. Kaye

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest Family Movies of all time!, July 14 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites as a kid, May 27 2004
Kindle Customer "Pimmy" (LINDENHURST, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I waited a long time for this to come out on dvd. Bugs me that the companies don't get it right the first time though. They release the dvd with no extras what so ever just so they can release a special edition a few months later. Disney did the same thing with Tron. I'm sure they have a lot of stuff they could've put on this dvd but they chose otherwise. I would've liked to see some trailers at least and it doesn't even look like it has any.
Anyway Flight of the Navigator is a great movie for the whole family. It's under-rated and a lot of people might not even have heard of it. It's about a boy who's accidently sent to the future by an alien space ship. When he finds his family they wonder why he hasn't aged a day. Scientists then run tests on him to find out where he was. He decides to escape and find a way back to the past and getting a ride on the space ship is the only way back. Once he gets on the ship is when the movie turns more goofy as the alien is voiced by Paul Reubens (Pee Herman) after all. The movie is still tons of fun and it does have some clever science fiction in it too for a kids movie. So eventhough the dvd has no extras what so ever the movie itself is worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compliance. A great movie!, Feb. 29 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
This sci-fi film is a classic eighties movie filled with humour, drama and adventure from start to finish. This is a must see for all ages! The part where the Beach Boys 'I Get Around' is a funny moment.
I already have both the UK region 2 Version (widescreen 16.9) and the S. American region 1 Version (Full Screen 4.3) both officially released in these territories already. It's nice that US customers can now enjoy this terrific movie. Though the Region 1 version I have includes the Theatrical trailer as well as other extras. I hope there is a choice between full screen/widescreen options because this movie was filmed in full frame and cropped/matted for theaters/cinemas. So if you are used to the Vhs/tv broadcast versions this is the full screen original print. And will be losing picture from top and bottom for the widescreen release on DVD.
Let's hope this US version has loads of extras like audio commentary, featurette etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flight of the Navigator, Jan. 5 2013
D. E. Kaye "music lover" (Yarmouth NS CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars best kid sci-fi movie ever, May 3 2004
jackiepapertracer "Jack" (Orlando, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I saw this movie some 20 years ago when it was released to the movie theaters. The cast selection was good so was the script. I have bought this movie an am glad that no dialogue was edited out (unlike some other movies I've seen.) It would ruin the quality of the movie if the Disney censored some of the words from this film. I always like a good science fiction film, but don't be dubbing in or out any words. I love Joey Cramer's acting, he is a natural in this film. Joey Cramer was great in a 1987 movie called The Stone Fox with Buddy Ebsen, look for it when it comes out on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing having a bit of nostalgia in HD, Oct. 21 2014
This was always one of my favourite movies growing up. I would always catch it on TV on a Sunday afternoon, but the quality was always kind of a let down. When I found that the Flight of the Navigator was available on a region free blu ray, I had to jump on it. The picture is amazing and the image is as clear as I've ever seen it. I don't know why they haven't released a North American Blu
Ray version of this film, but thank you for getting a version of it out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is for my mom, April 28 2004
Laura Linton (Ocean City, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
My mom has enjoyed this movie for years, but we never owned it; however, I have decided to change that and order her her favorite movie of all time, "Flight of the Navigator." This is a great family movie that includes humor, science fiction, and a family that sticks together. I would recommend that every child watch this movie, even if it is before their time.

5.0 out of 5 stars COMPLIANCE!!, July 15 2014
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I watched this movie as a kid when it was on TV, probably on Wonderful World of Disney on a Saturday night. What can be cooler than listening to the Beach Boys and flying a spacecraft! Created back in the early days of CGI, this movie does it's best with the tools of the era. It's a fun family watch and my boys love it, despite the fact it ain't big and flashy like the new movies of today. You get to see a very young Sarah Jessica Parker and Howard Hessman (Dr. Johnny Fever!!) in a dramatic role.
If you like movies for their story, not their flashy graphics and have younger kids that know how to use their imaginations then invest in this classic and add it to your movie collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney sci-fi, May 18 2014
Len the Sound Guy (Montreal) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I've always liked this story, it is a 'feel good' sci-fi! Even though it is geared to a younger audience, I feel like a kid when I watch it, so maybe it's for any age! As in every Disney story, there are good guys and bad, but in this one the good guys usually win. There are some sad moments as well, but all in all this movie will make you happy. The space ship steals the show, although corny at times, it's personality is a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, April 30 2014
Harry Weston (Maple Ridge, British Columbia, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I really liked t his one. Last viewed in about 1987 or maybe it was 1988.///////////////////////////Will absolutely watch it time and time again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 6.25 CDN$ 5.97