5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Greatest Family Movies of all time!
This is one of the greatest family movies I have ever seen. I saw it in the theatre in 1986 (twice). I purchased the video as soon as it was released and will now purchase the DVD. I'm so glad it is finally available. If you are looking for a wonderful movie to watch with your family...this is the one to buy!
Published on July 14 2004 by Debra E. Russell

3.0 out of 5 stars Flight of the Navigator
I had watched this with my children when they were small, and enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy it quite so much this time. The acting leaves a bit to be desired, although the story is still magical.
Published 19 months ago by D. E. Kaye

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok movie, loved it as a kid, Nov. 13 2013
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
This movie reminds me of when I was little. It's not the greatest movie, but something fun that the whole family can enjoy together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney movie with real people not annimated "people", Aug. 4 2013
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Definitely a kids movie and my granddaughter has watched it 4 times and loves it every time. Adults would enjoy it once with a child but not over and over like Disney's Snow White.
Modern space technology was able to keep this movie current kids knowledge but still be entertaining for them today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as much fun as I remembered it being when we were kids, July 21 2014
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Just as much fun as I remembered it being when we were kids. Definitely worth the purchase. (And arrived in record time, the day after I ordered it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Favorites as a Child, now on DVD!!!, July 2 2004
Robert Lopez (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Flight of the Navigator certainly brings back wonderful memories, of childhood in the summertime eating hotdogs and drinking soda on a sunday night. This Disney flick about a boy's journey mysterious journey through time was long overdue on DVD!! Ofcourse we cannot forget that Sarah Jessica Parker has a prominent role! And isn't Paul Reubens, (aka Pee Wee Herman) the voice of the alien navigator??
The Picture and Sound quality are excellent, as compared to that old VHS copy we all have! Presented in 1:85:1 Aspect Ratio Widescreen. The DVD is lacking any real special features, like "The Making of" or "Commentaries" but it is a wonderful addition to that nostalgic childhood collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 18 2014
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
My husband was thrilled to re-watch is favourite childhood movie!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites as a kid, May 27 2004
Jim "Pimmy" (LINDENHURST, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I waited a long time for this to come out on dvd. Bugs me that the companies don't get it right the first time though. They release the dvd with no extras what so ever just so they can release a special edition a few months later. Disney did the same thing with Tron. I'm sure they have a lot of stuff they could've put on this dvd but they chose otherwise. I would've liked to see some trailers at least and it doesn't even look like it has any.
Anyway Flight of the Navigator is a great movie for the whole family. It's under-rated and a lot of people might not even have heard of it. It's about a boy who's accidently sent to the future by an alien space ship. When he finds his family they wonder why he hasn't aged a day. Scientists then run tests on him to find out where he was. He decides to escape and find a way back to the past and getting a ride on the space ship is the only way back. Once he gets on the ship is when the movie turns more goofy as the alien is voiced by Paul Reubens (Pee Herman) after all. The movie is still tons of fun and it does have some clever science fiction in it too for a kids movie. So eventhough the dvd has no extras what so ever the movie itself is worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars best kid sci-fi movie ever, May 3 2004
prince of reviews "Jack" (Orlando, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
I saw this movie some 20 years ago when it was released to the movie theaters. The cast selection was good so was the script. I have bought this movie an am glad that no dialogue was edited out (unlike some other movies I've seen.) It would ruin the quality of the movie if the Disney censored some of the words from this film. I always like a good science fiction film, but don't be dubbing in or out any words. I love Joey Cramer's acting, he is a natural in this film. Joey Cramer was great in a 1987 movie called The Stone Fox with Buddy Ebsen, look for it when it comes out on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is for my mom, April 28 2004
Laura Linton (Ocean City, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
My mom has enjoyed this movie for years, but we never owned it; however, I have decided to change that and order her her favorite movie of all time, "Flight of the Navigator." This is a great family movie that includes humor, science fiction, and a family that sticks together. I would recommend that every child watch this movie, even if it is before their time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compliance. A great movie!, Feb. 29 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
This sci-fi film is a classic eighties movie filled with humour, drama and adventure from start to finish. This is a must see for all ages! The part where the Beach Boys 'I Get Around' is a funny moment.
I already have both the UK region 2 Version (widescreen 16.9) and the S. American region 1 Version (Full Screen 4.3) both officially released in these territories already. It's nice that US customers can now enjoy this terrific movie. Though the Region 1 version I have includes the Theatrical trailer as well as other extras. I hope there is a choice between full screen/widescreen options because this movie was filmed in full frame and cropped/matted for theaters/cinemas. So if you are used to the Vhs/tv broadcast versions this is the full screen original print. And will be losing picture from top and bottom for the widescreen release on DVD.
Let's hope this US version has loads of extras like audio commentary, featurette etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flight Of The Navigator, May 25 2006
Trevor Marston (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
Flight Of The Navigator was and still is the best movie ever i have been looking for this for a long time. and i am glade to see it on dvd instead of it being on vhs. becuase when i had it on vhs i would ware out the vhs tape by watching it over and over. so it is great to see it on dvd and know i don't have to worry about wareing out the tape.

Flight Of The Navigator (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 6.25 CDN$ 5.97