5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!
This little pasta maker is amazing. Its a lot smaller than I imagined (maybe like 20 cm wide), but it functions beautifully.

Published on Dec 14 2009 by Yasmary Mora

Published 2 months ago by Rudolf A. Stocker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, Dec 14 2009
Yasmary Mora (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)

You get the first 'roller' bit, where you think out the dough step by step; you start at the 6th level (its a little notch on the side you can adjust) with a lot of thick though, then slowly put the though through all the levels, until you get the desired thickness.

Then put the thin layer of dough through the actual pasta maker (which is the second roller) to cut it up into strips. There are 2 settings for the strips, spaghetti or fettucine. The great thing is that you can buy other rollers so that you can make ravioli or any other types of pastas.

So easy to use! Totally recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine Works Really Well, May 6 2013
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
We recently became interested in making our own pasta and the reviews I read online suggested that you couldn't do better than the Imperia SP150. I found a similar Norpro machine in a local store at a relatively low price, but it didn't seem that solid, so I ordered the Imperia. It was an excellent purchase; it's easy to use and makes delicious pasta!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 30 2014
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
Tonight was my first time using it after purchasing it a few months ago. I had a kitchenaid mixer that got lost in a move when I purchased my new house, and I decided to go with this instead of another pasta attachment for the mixer.

It will take a little practice until I can make a batch quickly but I can say without hesitation that I enjoyed every bite of spaghetti I made myself for dinner tonight. YUM. Would recommend to any pasta lover.

Recipe I used:

100g Flour + 1 large egg
Tonight I used 400g flour and 4 large eggs, it was too much for 2 people (though we ate it all anyways cause we are piggies)
Hand knead until it is soft and smooth, wrap it up in plastic wrap (I just threw in in a large ziplock). Give it at least a half hour in the fridge to rest.

Roll out as per instructions.

Bon apetit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love this machine!, Oct. 22 2014
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
I love this little machine! I kindled the Artisan Pasta Making book and couldn't wait for my machine to arrive. I combined the recipe from this book with Lidia's (using semolina, durum and all-purpose flour, but with the addition of olive oil) using my food processor (what a dream - zip and it's done) and let the dough rest while I waited for my machine to arrive. I've never made home-made pasta before so I was a little concerned re my first try. The pasta maker was extremely easy to use - absolutely no problem - I fed the dough in while my four-year-old cranked the handle. We had tremendous fun together and....it was absolutely the best pasta we had ever eaten, served simply with olive oil, melted olive oil margarine, sliced sautéed garlic, broccoli covered with parmesan cheese - everybody loved it! Can't wait to try out the exotic colourful pasta recipes - with wholewheat, beets, or squash, or spinach, not to mention ravioli, tortellini, etc. You can even make wanton, pot stickers, and pierogie. I haven't tried any other machines, but this one certainly does a great job for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, May 15 2010
Leila (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
This is an amazing machine if you are serious about good food and particularly good pasta. Once you have your dough ready then the machine will do the rest for you. It's important not to pass 'wet' through the machine since it is very difficult to clean (based on a personal experience!) Always wait a few minutes after rolling your dough to ensure no sticking of the pasta in the machine. Over all I'm very pleased with this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, Feb. 24 2011
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
I bought this machine at Walmart for 59.99 after reading the positive reviews about it. It is solid and very easy to set up and use. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars I use the machine about every other week (she doesn't love fresh pasta as much as I do), March 9 2015
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
I've owned 2 of these machines in the past 12 months. I use the machine about every other week (she doesn't love fresh pasta as much as I do). My first one lasted 3 months before the plastic ferrule which accommodates the crank in the main machine broke. It just cracked under normal use. Thinking that machine was probably just defective, I returned it to where I'd bought it and they gave me another. The successor lasted 9 months before succumbing to normal use as well. This time the rollers are binding; either a shaft is bent or something is dragging internally and the machine has become hard to crank. Neither of these machines was ever exposed to water (I always simply wipe it down with a dry paper towel and put it away after each use), nor were they ever used for anything but ordinary wheat pasta.

I've owned Atlas-Marcato pasta machines for 10 years or more at a time (had 2 of those as well). Last year I thought perhaps I'd try the other brand, but never again; I'm going back to Atlas-Marcato.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imperia pasta machine, Jan. 7 2013
R. K. Griffith "wowzer" (Gatineau Que.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
this item was purchased so we could make fresh home made pasta,and it works great,would recommend.We do not recommend using semolina flour.try using pasta recipe from chef Ricardo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent workmanship in making these pasta machines, Feb. 8 2015
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
Excellent workmanship in making these pasta machines. Works great. Comes with fettuccini and a spagetti (two types on one attachment). Clamps well to table top, easy to crank. This was my first time using one and I learned after rolling the sheets to let them sit for 10 minutes before rolling the pasta strands, the dough is too wet and sticks and the pasta comes out jagged. So overall a really good for what I paid, and being new to pasta machines it was easy to pick up and use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great end result, poor instructions., April 15 2015
This review is from: CucinaPro 150 Imperia Pasta Machine (Kitchen)
this is a review really of the results. once you go to home made pasta, you don't go back. loooovvvvveeee home made pasta now.
only issue - poor instructions, and NO instructions on how to put the thing together or where the tray goes. other than that, it's sturdy, and the results are great.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›