5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for Owen Wilson alone
When is Owen Wilson coming out with his own album?
He's tops in my book!
Published on April 9 2004 by Sketchgrrl

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could have been better...
Published on May 24 2004 by Musiclover

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could have been better..., May 24 2004
Musiclover "cdmusicline" (Fullerton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
This soundtrack isn't a total loser. There are some definite highlights such as; "Dazz" by Brick an all-time favorite. Chicago's "Old Days" is a great 70's tune and a great way to open this disc. "Afternoon Delight" is truly is a delightful piece of pop confection. I always enjoy anything by Bill Withers. But the album would have been better without the cover versions by Owen Wilson, Dan Finnerty, and Brigette Romanek. The originals are far superior.
A few songs in the movie that were not included would have made the soundtrack much better. One is Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion", a great 70's hard rock tune. The other is the Carpenters' classic "We've Only Just Begun". I'm sure though that royalties for "We've Only Just Begun" are very expenisve.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 9 2004
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
David Soul's version of "Don't Give Up On Us" was not included - to me, that would have been the ONLY reason to purchase this CD. David Soul has a wonderful voice, and shouldn't have been mocked by Owen Wilson's version. But after listening to this CD, if I were David Soul, I'd keep my version of the song off of this CD. There's only two original version songs that I liked. And the original Starsky & Hutch theme song should have been included on here. I know the movie's a re-make, but let's not forget the originals, they can never be replaced!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for Owen Wilson alone, April 9 2004
Sketchgrrl "vegwriter" (Boynton Beach, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
When is Owen Wilson coming out with his own album?
He's tops in my book!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT ENUFF FUNK IN THE 70'S TRUNK, April 8 2004
NATE TATE (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
I listened to this CD, and I was highly disapointed! Why? because there was not enough funk in the CD trunk. Sure they had Brick doin' Dazz (which is available on every funk CD compilation on planet Earth). However, where's the rest of it? I mean, if you're gonna have Snoop Doggy Dog in a movie, and only have 1 funk song, to me, that movie is a failure! Anyway, the reason I am writing this review is to find out about the other songs that did not make it on the soundtrack. For instance, there was 1 instrumental 70's funk track that did not make it. I am currently looking for that group / track. If anyone out there knows the rest of the songs in the movie (that did not make the CD cut) please let me know. And for the record: Leon Haywood is funky; Bill Withers is funkier, and KC & the Sunshine Band is funkiest, however, the Jackson 5 is still considered pop to me, but Dancing Machine is an extremely infectious, and funky tune. As a final note, the reason I'm giving this disapointing CD 5 stars is because I liked the aforementioned 5 songs, and musical artists. And these days if you can get 5 good funk / funky / funkier / funkiest songs on 1 CD, then you found yourself a gem!

3.0 out of 5 stars Theme?, March 17 2004
Lottie (New England USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
I would imagine "Sweet Emotion" and "Can't Smile Without You" are not included because licensing rights to the tunes could not be obtained.
I could do without the Owen Wilson track as well. Before I order . . . Does anyone know if the theme to the original 70s series made it onto the CD?

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad despite songs missing, March 16 2004
M. Gary Buglass (Edinburgh SCOTLAND UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
This soundtrack to the hollywood movie is good in terms of the 70s styled music but why oh why is it missing Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion"? Surely this is the theme of the movie as it's used in all the trailers and the whole song is played at the end of the movie before the cast and credits? Doesn't make any sense!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good CD; Song Selection Questioned, March 14 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
I enjoy a good 1970s compilation CD. Starsky & Hutch starts out strong with Chicago's "Old Days" and Brick's "Dazz". I even enjoyed the new 70's-styled theme song "Two Dragons". I was puzzled why they included Owen Wilson's purposely-poor rendition of "Don't Give Up On Us". It's difficult to listen to even on a good day. I was also not amused by Dan Finnerty's (famous for singing songs sung by women) cheesy "Feel Like Makin Love". I would have much preferred these songs be replaced by Barry Manilow's syrupy "Can't Smile Without You" and the Aerosmith tune featured in the movie. This inclusion would have added an additional star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack with 70's Pop Star Maxine Nightingale, March 9 2004
R. Lopez (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Starsky & Hutch (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is the one of the best compilations of 70's music out there. Maxine Nightingale's hard to find track "Right Back Where We Started From" fits well, along with great songs from Chicago, Johnny Cash, The Jackson 5, the Dazz Band and Bill Withers. A must have for your car or home. The soundtrack is a must have.

Starsky & Hutch
Starsky & Hutch by Theodore Shapiro (Audio CD - 2007)