4.0 out of 5 stars This movie has Hollywood written all over it but it's all good.
The movie trailer shows a picture of the White House...all of a sudden, its blown into smithereens by a laser blast!!!

This popcorn flick was all that I hoped for, nothing but 100% of everything: action, drama, humor and suspense. Many people are justified in stating that the success of "Independence Day" comes from the fact that its nothing more than what its...
Published on July 1 2007 by Jenny J.J.I.

3.0 out of 5 stars Independence Day (Blu-ray)
Independence Day [Blu-ray]

Note of interest to Independence Day fans.
I bought this title and was surprised that the "Special Edition" cut of Independence Day was not on this Blu-ray release as it was listed in the Special Features on Amazon's website. Very disappointed in the listing and the release!
Published on Nov. 6 2012 by Eddy B

‹ Previous | 152 53 54 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Aug. 7 1999
This review is from: Independence Day (VHS Tape)
compared to other movies it rock

3.0 out of 5 stars it deserves that !, Aug. 27 1999
This review is from: Independence Day (VHS Tape)
us only saves the world ???????

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic, March 9 1999
Absolutely...'Chinese'....

1.0 out of 5 stars This movie is SAD and Terrible, April 24 2004
By A Customer
I always hate movies that have no "planetary" aspect about them. This always kills the movie. What I mean by "planetary" is that remember the movie "THE BLOB"??? Remember how this thing comes from outer-space and starts to devour a small town somewhere in the U.S.A.???
Well what is wrong with that picture?? What is wrong is that I guess the other 5.99999 BILLION people on the planet earth are having a good time and not being affected by this problem. So WHO CARES right??
Same thing here. While New York and Washington and Los Angeles are getting destroyed, and then later the aliens get killed by the U.S., I suppose everyone who lives in France, Tahiti, Timbuktu were having a good one eating Hungry Man dinners right?
This movie is so bad. It could'a been a contender, especially after that killer SUPERBOWL commercial.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Comment, Feb. 6 1999
No Commen

1.0 out of 5 stars Life-sappingly awful..., June 23 2004
David M. Elliott (Next to some really big mountains) - See all my reviews
I wish I had the energy to try and describe just how awful this movie makes me feel, but, all I have to do is think about Randy Quaid's awful character or Will Smith's terrible lines or the fact that the President of the United States of America flies a fighter plane against alien ships, and I can do nothing but moan.
I saw this in 1996 and I've spent hours regretting the fact that I had contributed money to its cause. When I was at a friend's house not long ago, I saw a DVD copy of it on his shelf, so I made a joke about it being a "steaming piece of pony loaf." He took offense to it, and actually tried to convince me it was a good movie.
Don't get me wrong: I'm all for a movie that knows it's bad and uses that as a device, a la Killer Klowns from Outer Space or Army of Darkness or something along those lines. But, when I watched this I could swear that someone actually took this idea seriously.
There is nothing good about this movie. Please, please don't buy this. You'll only be encouraging more movies like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars download, April 4 1999
downloa

1.0 out of 5 stars People punch aliens and sass em!, April 29 2004
This review is from: Independence Day (Limited Edition) (DVD)
This is one of those big stupid movies that people hate and for good reason. It's big, loud and stupid. The town drunk is a hero for no reason. People punch aliens and sass em! People fly alien spaceships like they drive cars. Aliens (from outer space) use Apple computers! Oi! This movie hurts my head.
Oh yea, the president can fly an f-18 why not.
I kept routing for the aliens thru the whole movie. I hope this new DVD has an ending where the aliens win and kill everyone. I cheered in the theater when they started blowing up things.
Beethoven wrote the score to this movie. It went "Crap crap crap craaaap. Crap Crap craaaaaaaaap"

1.0 out of 5 stars It is not a parody!, July 4 2004
This review is from: Independence Day (Limited Edition) (DVD)
Possibly the most idiotic film of the past 30 years. The only redeeming moment is when Randy Quaid tells about being abducted by aliens. But even there, we already guess that he will not survive to the end of the film. After all, who is a better candidate to sacrifice himself, than some wretched drunk and misfit. Utterly dispensable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, May 17 2015
bon

‹ Previous | 152 53 54 | Next ›

Independence Day (Limited Edition)
Independence Day (Limited Edition) by Roland Emmerich (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 22.05