5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cartoons I've ever stumbled upon.
That's right, I said stumble. I was flipping through the channels on a boring Sunday night when I happened upon a show about a guy just trying to get some soda. The thing is, the soda machine landed on him. That was the first episode I've ever seen of Sealab 2021, a priceless gem among the line-up of Adult Swim shows.
This show is one of the funniest cartoons out...
Published on July 15 2004 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Show gets 5 stars, DVD gets 2 stars
Published on May 20 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cartoons I've ever stumbled upon., July 15 2004
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
This show is one of the funniest cartoons out there and I plan to buy this, and the Aqua Teen one, because the thought of owning these episodes is quite a nice feeling. But as some have said, Adult Swim and Cartoon Network are only using the bare minium when it comes to the content, and that sucks they have to do that to the people that tune in weekly to catch these shows.
I would still buy this for the feeling of owning something great, being able to laugh any time you want to, and hey, maybe even devise a way to make your own happy cake oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest cartoons you're not watching, July 12 2004
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
If you stay awake long enough to catch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network Sunday nights (starts around 10:30 p.m. CST, my old time zone- now I'm on the east coast, and everything starts an hour later), check out "Sealab 2021". It's a spoof off the old 1972 cartoon "Sealab 2020", except that the original '72 crew has been replaced by a bunch of lunatics who probably shouldn't be allowed out of doors. Perhaps that's why they've been confined to an underwater lab where they can't hurt anybody (well, almost anybody). We loyal fans have long awaited Adult Swim gems to come on DVD, and with "Sealab 2021", you get the following eppys:
*I, ROBOT- News of a monkey whose brain has been implanted in a robot prompts the crew to have a long-winded "discussion" about the fate of their own brains.
*HAPPYCAKE- Captain Murphy is devestated to find his beloved Happy Cake Oven is missing, and orders the crew, along with a Jacques Cousteau-like narrator, to search the waters for it. Meanwhile, a giant squid endangers the life of the crew; or as the narrator sees it, "uses it's tentacles to cradle me like a Mother's arms".
*RADIO FREE SEALAB- Captain Murphy is bored and decides to use the lab's emergency radio beacon for a pirate radio station, starring as "Howling Mad" Murphy.
*CHICKMATE- Debbie questions the male crewmembers to see who will make the best Father for the baby she wants immediately, and Stormy almost learns a valuable lesson in race relations.
*LOST IN TIME- Bizarre episode in which Stormy and Dr. Quinn are mysteriously transported 15 minutes back in time to save Sealab from an explosion- even though the same explosion happens again, starting the vicious cycle all over again.
*PREDATOR- There's an invisible yet shimmery ghoul aboard Sealab that has the crew cowering in the corners. It's up to Dr. Quinn (with Dolphin Boy as bait) to capture the fiend.
*LITTLE ORPHAN ANGRY- Griffin, a terminally ill orphan, comes aboard Sealab to live out his dream. But Griffin's heart is not as pure as everyone thinks. Meanwhile, Capt. Murphy morphs into a germ-a-phobe freak as he fears a Bubonic Plague outbreak.
*WAKING QUINN- The eppy is a bit hard to follow- Stormy wants to show Dr. Quinn his new hairdryer while Quinn is in the water- yes, Dr. Quinn is electrocuted and bizarre happenings are afoot.
*ALL THAT JAZZ- In one of the funniest episodes, Capt. Murphy gets trapped underneath the BeBop Cola machine. Unfortunately for him, everyone else is at a concert. A year transpires before he is found, and in that time he loses all his teeth and becomes addicted to scorpion venom.
*MURPHY MURPH AND THE FENG SHUI BUNCH- This is my all-time fave eppy. Capt. Muprhy is dissatisfied with the disharmoy of the Sealab decor. He hires an extortionate Feng Shui "master" to redecorate everything- but "Master Loo" is a con artist who convinces the crew to buy his crap oragami and persuades Murphy to spend $50,000 on a solid gold toilet. Ofcourse, only Dr. Quinn sees through him.
*IN THE CLOSET- Capt. Murphy gets everyone stlocked in a closet, and tempers begin to flare.
*STIMUTACS- The ver witty Sparks has come up with a new drug that everyone wants,but the side effects are grotesque- and additctive.
*SWIMMING IN OBLIVION- A compliation of past episodes dominates this season finaale, including the informercials for the "Debbie Gone Wild!" DVD's.
Some of Sealab's best episodes were in it's first season, and thankfully they're all here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ive seen them all - Season 1 is the best !!!!!, March 3 2004
Hyle L Daley (Canadohta Lake) - See all my reviews
Here are the episodes:
EPISODE GUIDE to SEASON 1
Hopefully the disks will contains the pilots, I dont see why not
Pilot
7. 1-4 2104 14-Oct-2001 Little Orphan Angry
8. 1-5 2105 21-Oct-2001 Waking Quinn
9. 1-6 2106 28-Oct-2001 All That Jazz
10. 1-7 2107 09-Dec-2001 Murphy Murph and the Feng Shui Bunch
I would assume they would include the pilots. I mean, I,robot is classic !!
This is one of the funniest, smartest and most entertaining cartoon on television. Each episode is around 15 minutes a piece (like most Cartoon Network Adult Swim toons).
If like bizarre humor, you'll love this cartoon ! Plus,its cheap compared to many other seasons on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ze sea is a sym-phon-y of color, March 19 2004
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
Sealab 2021 is one of the funniest shows on television. There's no coincidence to the fact that this DVD will be released on the same day as Volume 2 of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Kindred spirits, both shows intertwine the mundane and the insane in ways that make things much much worse for their various characters, and the shows consequently that much funnier. Sealab 2021 is a nearly perfect ongoing spoof of the cheesy decades old Sealab 2020 show, with every single character often going through a range of maladies from cannibalism to cyborg powers to running pirate radio stations. As such, it generally defies categorization even in individual episodes, which typically end with the lab itself blowing up on the ocean floor for no apparent reason. If you've ever watched a cartoon from the 1950s or 60s and laughed at how straightlaced it was, Sealab 2021 is right up your alley.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SHOW, June 13 2004
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
Sealab 2021, what a great show. Finally going to be released on DVD. This version is a little short though. It's only 156 minutes long. There are 13 episodes on this version. This show is really funny and you'll be laughing all the way through it. Being a fan of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Space Ghost, and other cartoon network DVD's I bet this one is going to be good too.
Below is a list of the episodes on this Season 1 DVD(s) of Sealab 2021.
1- I, Robot
SPECIAL FEATURES:
Pitch Pilot
I, Robot- Alternate Ending
Radio Free Sealab Uncensored
Little Orphan Angry (Deleted Scenes)

2.0 out of 5 stars Show gets 5 stars, DVD gets 2 stars, May 20 2004
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
First let me say that this is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. The sad thing is there just isn't enough episodes out there. There's only about a dozen, and they're each about 11minutes long. Let's do the math here...11X12=132minutes. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why this is a two disc set then? My King of Queens DVD set has 11episodes on JUST ONE DISC, and those episodes are more than twice as long as a Sealab 2021 episode. It seems to me like the company putting this DVD out is just interested in spreading out the material over 2 discs so that they can charge us consumers a higher price tag. This should really only be on one disc, and they should be charging HALF the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret Ingrediant...., July 12 2004
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
When I first saw this show at a freinds, I was a bit scheptical, I mean the animation was very cheap... But the instant I heard the Dialogue...
Murphy:Alright... who did it? You'll stay in those battle stations all day, and all night, until I find out who did it.
Sparks: Uhh... gonna need some details, Skip.
Murphy: Don't play dumb with me! Some thief stole the one thing that brings me joy. My one ray of sunshine in this crappy rust bucket. My Happy Cake Oven.
Yes, as I rolled on the floor laughing, the show only got funnier. I dont think Ive ever seen any thing this funny in my life. Couse the secret ingrediat is love, dammit!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's time for the I HATE MARCO show!, June 28 2004
D. O'Neill "Brunt, FCC" (La Verne, CA: Planet Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
This show is brilliant and is the funniest on TV. It's a prime example of allowing writers to create a show based not on demographics, but on silly, intelligent humor. When given freedom to be creative, shows like this -and Harvey Birdman, The Brak Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast -reflect a genius little seen in this fast-food, have to appeal to every person on the planet TV universe we currently reside in. Writers are the backbone of shows, give them the freedom to create funny, well written scripts, and stop putting roadblocks, and you have Sealab 2021.

5.0 out of 5 stars A show built on theft, Jan. 16 2005
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
(...) the show was made by a couple of guys who stole a bunch of the original Sealab content, and made a show out of it. That being said, when I first heard about it I laughed quite hard, there seems to be a lot of LUE based humor in the DVDs, they are very enjoyable but there are some "inside jokes". In the end this DVD set is hilarious. I highly recomend picking it and Aqua Teen Hunger Force up, and if you have a little extra cash the Brak Show wouldn't be a bad idea either. Hours of laughs await you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, May 20 2004
Dana H. Myers "k6jq" (Cordelia, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sealab 2021: Season 1 (DVD)
Either you get it or you don't and words will not help you determine if you do or don't. This is classic, smart,
silly humor.
If you buy it and hate it, geez, there's no accounting for
tastes, but it's only as expensive as 3 crappy-tasting
lattes, so shut up already and buy it and decide for
yourself. If you don't like it? Donate the DVD to
your local public library and support your community.
Sealab 2021 is brilliant. The only question is - are
you sharp enough to get it?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sealab 2021: Season 1
Sealab 2021: Season 1 by Matt Thompson (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 34.98 CDN$ 22.87