4.0 out of 5 stars Classic family show
Here is a complete episode list for season five. "Little House" is a touching family show, and I watched it every day when I was growing up in the 1980s, rerun after rerun. If your children have never watched this show, you should introduce them to this classic.
89. As Long As We're Together - Part 1 (9/11/1978)
90. As Long As We're Together - Part 2...
Published on May 10 2004 by L.M.W.

1.0 out of 5 stars Has deleted scene
Published on Aug. 15 2004 by Ken Lai

1.0 out of 5 stars Has deleted scene, Aug. 15 2004
Ken Lai (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
There is about 6 minutes deleted from Disc 2 "There's No Place Like Home" (Part 1), which is crucial element in the Ingall's decision to return to Walnut Grove, where life is purer and honest. In my opinion this is a defect. I complained to the Imavision (the DVD producer & distributor) and they, reluctantly, were willing give a full refund. Amazon will only give a refund if the the package is unopened, however, how is anyone able to discover that there is a deleted scene without viewing it first??
Overall the editing is getting poorer with abrupt scene cut-ins / outs, rather than professional fading shots at the commercial break slots.
With these flaws its not worth the money to buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic family show, May 10 2004
L.M.W. (Alabama, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
89. As Long As We're Together - Part 1 (9/11/1978)
90. As Long As We're Together - Part 2 (9/18/1978)
91. The Winoka Warriors (9/25/1978)
92. The Man Inside (10/2/1978)
93. There's No Place Like Home - Part 1 (10/9/1978)
94. There's No Place Like Home - Part 2 (10/16/1978)
95. Fagin (10/23/1978)
96. Harriet's Happenings (10/30/1978)
97. The Wedding (11/6/1978)
98. Men Will Be Boys (11/13/1978)
99. The Cheaters (11/20/1978)
100. Blind Journey - Part 1 (11/27/1978)
101. Blind Journey - Part 2 (12/4/1978)
102. The Godsister (12/18/1978)
103. The Craftsman (1/8/1979)
104. Blind Man's Bluff (1/15/1979)
105. Dance With Me (1/22/1979)
106. The Sound of Children (2/5/1979)
107. The Lake Kezia Monster (2/12/1979)
108. Barn Burner (2/19/1979)
109. Enchanted Cottage (2/26/1979)
110. Someone Please Love Me (3/5/1979)
111. Mortal Mission (3/12/1979)
112. The Odyssey (3/19/1979)
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars List of Episodes, April 3 2004
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
Season Five should contain the following episodes: AS LONG AS WE'RE TOGETHER (PART 1 AND PART 2), THE WINOKA WARRIORS, THE MAN INSIDE, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME (PART 1 AND2), FAGIN, HARRIET'S HAPPENINGS, THE WEDDING, MEN WILL BE BOYS, THE CHEATERS, BLIND JOURNEY (PART 1 AND 2), THE GODSISTER, THE CRAFTSMAN, BLIND MAN'S BUFF, DANCE WITH ME, THE SOUND OF CHILDREN, THE LAKE KEZIA MONSTER, BARN BURNER, THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE, SOMEONE PLEASE LOVE ME, MORTAL MISSION, and THE ODYSSEY. I hope that this list will help you.

5.0 out of 5 stars by far the best DVD release for the series......, July 1 2004
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
Little House on the Prairie is on its 5th season at last for the DVD's, and I have to say that Goldhil has been taking it up a notch with each season release--they keep getting better and better! At last, in addition to scene selection, season-appropriate cover art and a good navigation menu, we are finally getting some extras. Two exclusive interviews are provided on this set: one from Alison Arngrim (Nellie) and the other from Dabbs Greer (Reverend Alden). Both have grown a great deal over the years but they look and sound exactly the same--aside from the short hair, Arngrim genuinely has not changed a bit! She still has that Nellie Oleson "glow"! =) What they have to say on these inteviews is very interesting and will be thoroughly enjoyed by any fans--how fun to see a bit of the cast as they appear today!
These interviews were quite a surprise to see on the DVD's, especially since I hadn't heard anything about them beforehand, and they are a nice touch to the DVD collection. The episodes, of course, are fantastic as well; from the Ingalls family's return to Walnut Grove to their adoption of Albert to Mary's wedding and other fun and often touching events, these 5th season shows hit at just the right frequency. This point in the series was probably the most pivotal, with Mary's recent entrance into blindness and the Ingalls' decision to take in little Albert as a member of their family. Their friends the Garveys also assume a larger role here, but for them their real trials arrive in Season 6.
As for the visual and audio quality on this season set....that whole concept never bothered me at all, because we all know that the DVD's look and sound 50 times better than they ever did on television, but I did notice that a few episodes (particularly "The Cheaters") looked almost black and white at times. I never noticed that before, but I did here. It is not a big deal and should be fine for most, but I know that some fans are affected by the color and picture. Regardless, I think I speak for a lot of fans when I say THANK YOU for releasing Season 5 with some extras and continuing with the great improvements. If there is any DVD TV series to collect, "Little House" is most certainly the one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but quality could be better, July 17 2004
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
Compared to the first season of Little House, the fifth season has gone downhill as far as picture quality and continuity from one scene past commercial breaks to another scene. I think the people who make these DVDs are getting tired and sloppy! The picture is not as clear as season one and I feel like I am getting ripped off on the end of certain scenes that they just abruptly cut off. I still love to watch but a DVD should be better than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Little house season 5 review, July 3 2004
James J. Shaffer "jimforjesus" (Harrisburg PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
As with the other seasons, I thoroughly enjoy having them on dvd. The only complaint I have is that on part 1 of "There's No Place Like Home", they edit out about 10 minutes worth of scenes. I always thought that box sets were uncut. I hope that the company does not do that with other episodes. I have only noticed this one. Other than that, it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, June 19 2004
Tony Ruckel (FORT WORTH, TEXAS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
oUR SONS GREW UP ON LITTLE HOUSE AND NOW OUR 4 ADOPTED DAUGHTERS HAVE FOUND THEM TO LOVE AND ENJOY!!THEY ARE EAGERLY AWAITING THE RELEASE OF SEASON 5.
GREATMORALS AND FUNNY STORIES MAKE THEM TERRIFIC FOR CHILDREN!!
I WISH WE HAD GOOD SHOWS LIKE THIS ON TV NOW! WHOLESOME AND EDUCATIONAL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tear Jerkers, July 11 2004
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
We love the Little House series. Our 20 year old son watches these DVD's with us....about the only thing he is willing to share his time.My biggest complaint is that my wife cries through every single episode....I have spent more on Kleenex then the DVD's themselves!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars On Par With Season 4 Quality, June 29 2004
Dave (Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
This set is on par with the poor video & audio transfer seen in Season 4, complete with chopped-off scenes at the commercial breaks. The show however is great, and you will still enjoy it despite the terrible transfer to DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars all Little House dvd's, Nov. 27 2012
This review is from: Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 (DVD)
I love these stories because they are based on true ones-they always have a moral to them-and you grow up with the kids.I would recomend the to anyone-children and adults alike.

Little House on the Prairie: Season 5
Little House on the Prairie: Season 5 by William F. Claxton (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 24.95 CDN$ 23.69