4.0 out of 5 stars Erotic power yoga 90s style
Published on June 18 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasted my money!
Not for the person who needs relaxation during their yoga practice. All three programs are basically the same workout, and the yoga student spends most of the workout in downward dog pose.
While Bryan is a good instructor, he spends very little time in meditation at the end of the video, and NEVER stops talking. The is not real yoga.
Caution: If you have back...
Published on Oct. 5 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Erotic power yoga 90s style, June 18 2004
This review is from: Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (DVD)
The good point about this tape is the price,that you have 3 practices,and that this is REAL Power Yoga..This stuff hurts..I can almost guarantee if you do these tapes daily you will see results...yesterday the UPS man told me I had nice arms,and I am positive I am now leaner as opposed to that bulky weight lifting nautilus look I had.Ok,Level 1 is for Total Newbies,Level 2 is the HARDEST,and Level 3 although hard is NOT as hard as level 3...My butt is sore everytime I do the tapes....I myself as a former fashion student love the lighting and music,but here is the thing I find made it hard for me to concentrate in the beginning...Bryan Kest is a long haired stud muffin and we see 90s video type shots of his lovely face,him in a leather jacket,and him doing handstands half naked in black tights..Wonderful,but nothing to do with the instruction practice...Also,Mr.Kest is perpetually shirtless during the class,showing off a beautiful body (obviously from yoga) wearing strategically sexy yoga attire, and adjusting a cast of women with 6 pack stomachs and gym god men..I do not think I am being immature for noticing this (I am 39)..but it does give the tape am erotic vibe..Now I have gotten past it,because this is a must have for a collection,at a decent price...I would recommend this tape along with Roddney Yees Power Yoga (make sure you get the 75 minute tape) and also watching Steve Ross on Inhale on The Oxygen channel at 6 am,and in 6 months you WILL see a new body as long as youre also watching your diet and adding cardio .

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yoga Video Ever, Nov. 1 2006
Courtney A. King (Springboro, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (DVD)
I've always been a bigger fan of going to classes rather than following a video, but this one takes the cake!

A month of doing this video had me in positions I hadn't seen in years and feeling stronger than ever.

This video is not for the weak, it will really push you hard and is very physically demanding. If you are looking for a slower hatha type yoga, this is not for you. If you want to push your flexibility farther while strengthening your muscles, buy this, and do it! You'll see the difference.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasted my money!, Oct. 5 2002
By A Customer
Caution: If you have back or wrist pain, these workouts are NOT for you. Please be careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please stop talking already!, May 25 2012
Jennifer Silk (Mississauga, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bryan Kest's Power Yoga (DVD)
Great routine, but he keeps going on and on like a personal trainer, very distracting. If you actually watch it, it is a bit of a giggle as he goes around "massaging" all the students in the class, actually slapping on on the bum at one point. Too much comedy to be a serious yoga workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerobic and spiritual workout, May 26 2002
By A Customer
I have tried about 5 different yoga workout tapes, and these are by far the very best. The biggest benefit of Kest's is that he gives you time to stay in the poses, and paces it like a master. Rodney Yee's tapes are so stupid by comparison; he races through the poses like a science nerd who has no patience for dopey beginners. Kest, on the other hand, is very patient and persistent. His comments are encouraging and reassuring. He is a real human. While I agree with most of the other reviewers who say that it is not for beginners, it is not necessary to be Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, either. I had worked with Susan Deason's tapes, which were great preparatory workouts for this, for about 3 months. After that I felt I needed something more powerful and fat-burning (hate that word). You can stop worrying about weight loss and all that bunk that the consumerist gurus obsess about. Kest's approach has a spiritual side that makes you stay involved in the workout from a personal growth point of view; this guy has a wonderful system. My body is going through miraculous changes already, after 3 weeks; my waist is thinner, my torso is lengthening, my breathing and sense of well-being have improved by about 100%. Bravo, Bryan Kest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brian Kest - Power Yoga Boxed Set, July 17 2003
Maureen Ottati (Lake Placid, New York) - See all my reviews
For someone who has been into running and weight training for several years, I decide to give yoga a try after I had my first baby. I thought I would be totally bored and unchallenged, boy was I wrong. Brian Kest's yoga videos, especially volume 2:Tone, has helped me create a lean and sculpted body. Brian Kest does an excellent job explaining the poses and making you feel comfortable at what ever level you are at. He is definitely not what you would picture when you think "yoga instructor",but you certainly can not judge this book by its cover. I love what his tapes have done for my body and mind. He presents the instruction in a well sequenced format and makes you feel as though you are actually in the studio taking his class. I look better now than ever! I recommend this series to only those who have yoga experience and no serious neck or back problems. Great challenging workout!

1.0 out of 5 stars I must be missing something..., Jan. 2 2000
Steven (Midwest, USA) - See all my reviews
I read the other reviews and was excited to get the tape. I was disappointed. The video is almost an hour and was filmed while the instructor teaches a class. There are lots of long pauses while he walks around correcting his students positions. Meanwhile, you are stuck at home doing nothing for several long gaps while in an awkward position. It just didn't flow. Also, many of the positions are very difficult to do. Power Yoga for Beginners is a much better tape.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a "look at me" video, not a "how to "!!!, Oct. 15 1999
This Yoga tape is ridiculous! You may as well sit on the couch and watch it b/c it's impossible to learn anything from it! You either see a group of people huddled together, so that you can't make out what they are doing, or there is a close up on someone so that you only see a portion of them; either way, you can't figure out what you are supposed to be doing! I've since purchased some (less expensive!) tapes from the Living Yoga series & they are much better. You only have one person to watch, & they are more focused on the yoga than on camera angles so it is much easier to learn. Brian Kest- your "be where you're at" was a good idea, but you blew it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak video, Feb. 11 2000
By A Customer
Having watched and practiced nine yoga videos this year I have to say that this was the worst video - I hope nobody has hurt themselves doing it. Read some of other negative reviews to know why and notice that other Videos have all positive recommendations. The best videos on the market I've tried are: Total Yoga with Tracey Rich or David Swenson's Ashtanga tapes. If you are new to Ashtanga/Power/Vinyasa Yoga then Power Yoga (stamina version) with Rodney Yee is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not astanga yoga!, Oct. 25 1998
By A Customer
Brian Kest is way to concerned with how he looks and trying to be deep! Not to mention the fact that this is not astanga at all and should not be billed as such. (The back of the box claims it is astanga). I bought this video to use in conjuction with the weekly astanga yoga class I attend and was very disappointed. END

ARRAY(0xb31d419c)

Bryan Kest's Power Yoga
Bryan Kest's Power Yoga by Randee St. Nicholas (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 12.46 CDN$ 10.00