5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Published 15 months ago by Mike J

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price.
It's light. Lighter than I had hoped.

However, it beats the snot out of the "tamper" that came with my Cusinart EM-1000. I'll probably get a better tamper eventually. But, if you are still using the plastic thing that came with your espresso machine, do yourself a favour and get at least this to replace it.
Published 19 months ago by Tim Conrad

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, April 1 2014
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
I hesitated a lot before I decided to buy an "extra" tamper because I used the one that came with my espresso machine. But, since I received this one, everything changed. It may be an aluminum made, it may be inexpensive, but is is GOOD. My coffee is better (I won't say tastier because it does not depend on a tamper, right?) and comes equally from both holes. Before, when I prepared two cups, one was fuller than the other. No more! It allows me to perfectly level the coffee in the filter and its smaller side fits just right the filter - not too small, not too big, just perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars R.S.V.P. Tamper, March 14 2011
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
I love this Tamper, well worth the money and does the job very well. Why buy a $69.99 tamper with a fancy handle when you can buy this for a fraction of the cost, unless you have money to blow, buy this tamper and I guarantee you will be satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tamper, June 20 2011
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
It's solid and works like a charm!

Just a warning though; the seller crossed out dishwasher safe and left a note saying it's to be hand washed only. Not a big deal to me at all.

I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid tamper, Jan. 15 2012
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
Simple design but solid. Although not as fancy looking as the pricy ones with the wooden handles, it does the job well--at least for the average home user--and for much less money. Although it doesn't say so in the ad, the accompanying tag says "Terry's Tamper" and notes that you should handwash only. But then, why would you need to put it in a dishwasher anyway? BTW, it's made in Taiwan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessory, May 20 2011
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
If you do not have this product come with your machine, go and buy it. It is very practical, and I like it very much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., Dec 2 2013
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
It's light. Lighter than I had hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Espresso Tamp, Sept. 14 2010
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
Works exactly as designed, very solid piece. If only the S&H was not the same as the product cost - I would have given five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 8 2014
Bear123 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
I can tamp with putting my weight into this with easy 30lbs of pressure and make great espresso. Its not a machined part but rather cheaper cast part that has some imperfections but for the price you can't go wrong to replace the cheap plastic one that likely came with your espresso machine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as Advertised., Feb. 16 2014
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
It definitely adds that espresso bar look that I was going for. Its a tamper so there is not much to review. Its got a good weight and feels solid and not cheap. Paying a little for that but I enjoy the look it brings with the stainless steel in my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to...., Oct. 13 2013
This review is from: R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm (Kitchen)
Well, it's a piece if cast aluminum that's shaped to tamp ground espresso so there isn't a lot that can go wrong. It doesn't absorb smells or grow mold so I guess that's good. It's much better than the platic one that came with my espresso maker.

R.S.V.P. Espresso Tamper - 50/55 mm