5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WILL LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!
Ludacris has talent if you listen carefully to his lyrics you will see that. I definatly recommend this cd to anyone who likes rap Ludacris has a great voice and will make you laugh.This cd is a big improvement from his first album. heres how i rate the songs:
1-Welcome to America- shows that luda can spit!!!! 5/5
2-Rollout- catchy song, one of his singles...
Published on July 6 2003 by Coral

3.0 out of 5 stars Cartoon Rap
I bought this CD over the internet. I listened to it. I liked it. I still listen to it sometimes, and its pretty good. But it gets entirely too much credit, because its not anything very wonderful or deep.
Ill start with the good. This is great party music. Lots of happy, fast, danceable beats mix well with Ludas cartoonish style of rap. When hearing songs...
Published on Feb. 9 2003 by Jesse Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Ludacris' best record, Nov. 29 2003
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
The Bonus song, "Block Lockdown" is one of the best tracks on this album. I gave this album 4.5/5. There are a couple of songs I could skip over but this is definatly a hot, hot record.

4.0 out of 5 stars An amazing rap CD for anyone who likes rap, Nov. 10 2003
Matt (Baltimore) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
Now I know many people will hate this CD because of its crude humor and excessive swear words or because they just don't like rap. Those people should NOT buy this album but for people who do like rap this is one awesome rap album. I'm not really into rap that much and i've never bought any rap CDs before until I heard a rapper named Ludacris. I have all 3 of his great CDs and he by far has the best rapping skills of any rapper. His flow is amazing and he can rap extremely fast as well. I really can't say this CD is better than "Back For the First Time" because they're both great CDs but this is deffinatly better than "Chicken N Beer". If I had to choose then I suggest you buy this album over all 3 Ludacris CDs. Heres a layout of the songs on his album "Word of Mouf."
1. Coming 2 America- A pretty funny intro song, Ludacris has pretty good flow in this song, don't really like the beat though. 7/10
2. Rollout (My Business)- SINGLE This is an awesome song, his flow is amazing in this song, he goes from slow to fast to medium to any kind of rap speed! 9.5/10
3. Go 2 Sleep- Funny song, I-20 has good verses in here, the beat is really good and of course Ludacris' flow is awesome. 8.5/10
4. Cry Babies (Oh No)- Wow this deffinatly should have been a single, the beat may be the best I've ever heard, the lyrics are great and the chorus is awesome! 10/10
5. She Said- Funny song, I didn't like this song at first but now I seem to like the beat and the chorus just sticks in your head. 7/10
6. Howhere (Skit)- None of his skits are that funny except for one, this one is average. 5/10
7. Area Codes- SINGLE I really don't like this song that much, alot of people do though, it doesnt sound like a Ludacris song to me, funny chorus and good lyrics though. 8/10
8. Growing Pains- I'm shocked Ludacris has a serious song on his CD, this is a pretty good song too, the REMIX is better on the DTP album "Golden Grain". 7.5/10
9. Greatest Hits (Skit)- Hilarious skit, you will actually listen to this one more than one time! 7/10
10. Move B***h- SINGLE Hilarious song, great beat, awesome chorus, awesome lyrics by Ludacris I've never heard a rapper yell like that while rapping, I-20 and Mystikal have good verses too This is my all time favorite rap song. 10/10
11. Stop Lying (Skit)- You'll listen to it once 3/10
12. Saturday (Oooh Oooh!)- SINGLE Great song with a hilarious chorus and funny music video, good beat and different style of rapping here by Ludacris here. 10/10
13. Keep It on the Hush- This song is average you may like it though. 6/10
14. Word of Mouf (Freestyle)- What can you say its a freestyle of course its awesome but "Mouthing Off" on Ludacris first album was a better freestyle. 7.5/10
15. Get the F*** Back- Toooo much cursing, cool beat though. 6/10
16. Freaky Thangs- Awesome song, awesome beat and good singing in chorus, Ludacris has great flow here. 9/10
17. Cold Outside- Ludacris really didnt finish his album up too well. 5/10
18. Block Lockdown- Not good but the album is so strong even with its bad finish. 5/10
Like I said buy it only if you like rap this is a great party CD, Ludacris and Eminem are the best rappers out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vigorous display of ignorance, Oct. 6 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
Reading through reviews of this ridiculous waste of CD space, I see that Americans truly are ignorant, and most of them are a waste of living material. A mother praises the album, despite her hatred for the idealism behind it, simply because "her 15-year-old son gives her a hug and this IS what kids are into these days." Lady, grow the hell up. If you'll do anything to get your kid to give you a hug, then your kid is going to turn into the same kind of loser that you encourage him to listen to. Kids who listen to this crap get into drugs, treat women like trash, and have an overall disrespect for the rules governing society. This kind of garbage should be burned in effigy, but countless ignoramuses continue to patronize it.
You know, instead of letting their kids listen to whatever they want, parents could give up on this stupid liberal ideology that children are entitled to their freedom and forbid them to listen to such garbage. Why would you want your kids listening to a man who refers to women as "b*tches" and "hoes"? Yeah, go slap that ho! So when your kid is in jail with a domestic abuse charge, you only have your own ignorance and lack of responsibility to thank, as well as the moron you allowed your child to listen to. People, wake up! This isn't even music. There's NO talent in it. The idiot reviewer who said death/black metal is worse than this is a total fool. I can guarantee you, artists like Dimmu Borgir and In Flames have aeons more talent than this cartoon character who lets other men shave him. Bill O'Reilly did the right thing by blasting this fool, and getting him kicked off the Pepsi commercials. Now, people, stop buying this sorry excuse for music and get some taste.
P.S.: Ludacris, please learn to spell.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WILL LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!, July 6 2003
15-get the f**k back- you get to hear the other dtp members 4/5
16-freaky thangs- my favorite song feat. twista 5/5
17-cold outside-i dont like this song that much 2/5
18-block lockdown- good song 3/5
After listening to this cd Ludacris is my fave artist so buy it and you will like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, June 27 2003
future citizen of ATL (Waynesboro, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
like i said, this cd is great. im listening 2 it right now. his 4th cd comes out on September 30th-Chicken and Beer. I've had it preordered since January and i can't wait 4 it 2 come out.
so here is my rundown
#1-Coming to America-4/5-nice beat, Luda threw it down pretty good in this song
#2-Rollout(My Business)5/5-this song is just PHAT-Luda really gave this cd a good start with this single
#3Go 2 Sleep ft. Three 6 Mafia,I-20,Fate Wilson-3/5-tha beats alright but i dont care for tha song very much.
#4-Cry Babies(Oh No)-5/5-really phat beat, nice lyrics, this is a great song
#5-She Said ft. Fate Wilson-?/5-i dont no wut to rate this song because i havent really listened to it because i dont like it-but that should tell you something
#6-Howhere(skit)-this skit is funny
#7-Area Codes ft. Nate Dogg-5/5-i am a big fan of Nate Dogg-i like tha beat in this song, tha lyrics arent great, but they go really well with tha beat.
#8-Growing Paines ft. Fate Wilson, Keon Bryce-5/5- this song is really good, tha beat is good and tha lyrics actually make sence, Jaheim uses this same beat "Put That Woman First".
#9-Greatest Hits(skit)-funny skit,white people trying 2 impersinate Luda.
#10-Move B*** ft. Mystikal, I-20-5/5- this song is great, it has a really PHAT beat and is really good to party to.
#11-Stop Lying(skit)-its kinda funny but i'd skip it
#12-Saturday(Oooh!Oooh!)ft. Sleepy Brown-5/5-this song is great, it has a nice phat beat and he really rips it up in this song-i love saturday!
#13-Keep It On The Hush ft. Jazze Pha-2/5- tha beat is alright but i dont really like tha song @ all
#14-Word Of Mouf(freestyle)ft. 4-Ize-3/5-if Luda put a beat on this song then it could be a 5, but it just doesnt hit me
#15-Get The F*** Back ft. Shawnna,Fate Wilson, I-20-4/5-this songs got a pretty good beat and tha lyrics are interesting...but tha fact of tha matter is-Luda aint gonna kill anybody
#16-Freaky Thangs ft. Twista, Jagged Edge-3/5-uhhhh yeah whatever-this song has some fast rappin-could be better
#17-Cold Outside ft. Chimere-1/5-this song is wayyy too long.
#18-Block Lockdown ft. I-20-3/5-this song is OK but i never listen to it because...
*bonus track*-...I always fast forward 4:26 to hear this-Welcome 2 Atlanta ft. JD-10/5- this is tha best song on tha whole album, got a real phat beat but they rep'in tha ATL!!
if you dont have this cd...get off tha computer chair and go out and buy it right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ludacris, June 17 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album its bad. Heres my track review.
1. Coming 2 America - Wait to start the album off with a bang. Really funny but the talent and production is there too. 5/5
2. Roll Out - Was awesome right when it came out, now its just seems old. Still good though. 3/5
3. Go 2 Sleep (Featuring I-20, Three Six Mafia, & Lil' Fate) - If you like Three Six Mafia you will love this song. The chorus is kind of annoying, I still like it though. 4/5
4. Cry Babies (Oh No) - Swizz Beats lets it all out with this ridiculous beat. Ludacris does a great job rapping on this one. 5/5
5. She Said (Featuring Lil' Fate) - Some people don't like this song, but I do. The chorus is copyed from a line in the song "Love In Your Mouth" a song by Kilo Ali. Fates verse is awesome. 4/5
6. Howhere (Skit) - If you don't like skits, Ludacris will change your mind, all of his are hilarious. This one just says ho a lot, it ends I'm in the middle of Howhere. No rating.
7. Area Codes (Featuring Nate Dogg) - Still a good song, I have never heard a bad song with Nate Dogg, but again old and overplayed. 4/5
8. Growing Pains (Featuring Lil' Fate & Keon Bryce) - One of the best songs on the album, real slow. Luda & Fate tell bout there old times in College Park where they grew up. Should have been a single. 5/5
9. Greatest Hits (Skit) - Again hilarious, white people doing Luda's best hits.
10. [Move B***h](Feauring Mystikal & I-20) - Another single, don't listen to the clean version because it [is not good]. This one is awesome. 5/5
11. Stop Lying (Skit) - Hilarious
12. Saturday (Ooh, Ooh) (Featuring Sleepy Brown) - Another single, awesome production, awesome rapping, awesome song. 5/5
13. Keep It On The Hush (Featuring Jazze Pha) - Slow, alright production, horrible chorus, but Luda's rapping is still good.
3/5
14. Word Of Mouf (Freestyle) (Featuring 4-Ize) - Awesome freestyle mostly by Ludacris, 4-Ize verse is ok. 4/5
15. [Get the F*** Back](Featuring I-20, Lil' Fate, & Shawwna)- Has the DTP Crew in it, pretty good, awesome hook, average rapping. 4/5
16. Freaky Thangs (Featuring Twista & Jagged Edge) - Twista is the fastest rapper ever. It's crazy. But anyways a good song, Luda & Twista go well together. I love it. 5/5
17. Cold Outside (Featuring Chimere) - Long hook, long song. Not as good as Growing Pains, but still good. 4/5
18. Block Lockdown (Featuring I-20) - Featured on Funkmaster Flex's 60 Min Of Funk Vol. 4, good song weird beat, crazy rapping.
Bonus Track Welcome 2 Atlanta (Featuring Jermaine Dupri) - You all know it. JD stinks at rapping but Luda is awesome.
That's it for Word Of Mouf.
Check out new & upcoming stuff from Ludacris & Disturbing Tha Peace:
Chingy - Jackpot (Has a song with Luda & Snoop Dogg)
Ludacris - Chicken N Beer (Guest appearances from 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliott, & The DTP crew)
Various Artists - 2 Fast 2 Furious Soundtrack (Love Act A Fool & Peel Off)
Shawwna - Worth The Wait (I can't wait for this)

5.0 out of 5 stars KEEP REPRESENTIN LUDA..., June 5 2003
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
This album is tight. Luda's rapping style is funny in a way, but nice. He shows skills in rapping, unlike most MC's. The prouction on this album is good. The only thing that kind of messed up the album was that Disturbing Tha Peace (Fate, I-20, Shawnna, etc.) was on the album too much. Let me give you a brief summary of the songs and my rating for them.
1. Coming 2 America) Real tight beat and real fast rapping by Cris. The flow is nice, too. 9
2. Rollout) I liked it at first when they played it on the radio, but it got played out. 4
3. Go To Sleep) Good beat and real good rapping by Luda, Fate, and I-20. This is a ghetto song!!!! 9
4. Cry Babies) Pretty good. The beat is OK. The rapping is good at the expense of the chorus. 5
5. She Said) The beat is pretty good. The rapping is OK. 5.5
6. Howhere [skit]) A dumb interlude that I just skip every time. 1.
7. Area Codes) This song was first heard on the "Rush Hour 2 Soundtrack." The beat is bad, but the rapping is good. Nate Dogg also puts some nice vocals in the chorus. 6
8. Growing Pains) Real touching song. Nice lyrics and talks about how he struggled when he was growing up. The beat is more of an r&b type. 7.5
9. Greatest Hits [skit]) Funniest skit I've ever heard!! It's a fake commercial of white people rapping Luda's music. 8
10. Move B***h) Real good hardcore rapping and good beat. Mystikal and I-20 guest star on this song. 8.
11. Stop Lying [skit]) An OK interlude. 4.
12. Saturday) The beat is OK. Tight rapping. I loved this song when it came out on the radio, but now it's OK. 5.
13. Keep It On The Hush) What was Luda thinking when he made this song? The chorus stinks, and so does the beat and rapping. 2
14. Word Of Mouf [freestyle]) Nice freestyle. Luda and some other guy show their skills. 5.
15. Get The F*** Back) My favorite song on the album. Real good beat and even better rapping by Luda, Fate, I-20, and Shawnna. 10.
16. Freaky Thangs) The beat is not so good, neither is the chorus. But the rapping by Luda and "fast-mouth" Twista make up for all of that. 7.
17. Cold Outside) Bad!!! Beat stinks along with the rapping. 2.
18. Block Lockdown) Good beat and tight rapping. I-20 sings the chorus good, too. 7
BONUS TRACK: Welcome 2 Atlanta) This song is everything! Good beats, tight rapping, and most of all, representin for The ATL and the Dirty South Side. JD raps good too. 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the only commercial Rapper I like, May 15 2003
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
I don't listen to all those commercial rappers like Nelly, Ja Rule, Eminem, Master P, Jay-Z, and 50 cent(I would listen to him, but he's getting waaaay to played out like Wanksta, in da club, and 21 questions). But Ludacris has a unique way of rapping with the beat(despite he ain't much of a lyricist).
1. Coming 2 America:Pretty funny starting off, but I really didn't care for this song 6/10
2. Rollout:First hit single. He tellin people stay the hell out of his business 9/10
3. Go 2 Sleep:I like the beat to this, and I like the way he rapped along with this 10/10
4. Cry Babies:Fast paced beat, but the rhyming in this song was sorta off 8/10
5. She Said:Slow paced, and one funny song 9/10
6. Howhere:Just another skit, it ain't all that funny
7. Area Codes:Straight off the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack, so I guess thisd was the first single 9/10
8. Growing Pains:My favorite track off the whole thing, talks about how they grew up 10/10
9. Greatest Hits:When I listend to this I just couldn't stop laughing at this
10. Move B***h:Pretty funny, but it really didn't interest me as much as the others 7/10
11. Stop Lying:This was a pretty funny skit as well
12. Saturday:A nice party up song, and he tells a lot you can do on saturday 9/10
13. Keep It on the Hush:I really just plain out didn't like this song 4/10
14. Word of Mouf:I loved this song so much, I kept listening to it, untill I memorised it 10/10
15. Get the F*** Back:Definitly one of my favorite tracks. But they talk about killing too much, something they'll never do 8/10
16. Freaky Thangs:Can't say I like this one at all 5/10
17. Cold Outside:My personal Favorite. I just love singing the hook all the time 10/10
18. Block Lockdown:I don't reall like this song 4/10
19.Welcome to Atlanta:I always have to fastfoward through a pain of a bad song just to get to this 8/10
I loved Ludacris' first album, and now he returns with a outstanding sophmore album. And since it didn't get played out by the station I got, I still love listening to the CD. If you love commercial rap, then you propably already have this. Even my friends who hate Commercial rap listen to this, well mabe a couple.
peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Luda is the Best , Unless You Feel the Taller the Better, April 17 2003
Benny T. Hunt III (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
Not that height has anything to do with skills as an MC, but I couldn't think of anything (versatility, lyrical complexity, voice tone/mic presence, personality, content) that Luda was lacking, or flat out not the best in right now. As a disclaimer, his two solo albums plus DTP's "Golden Grain" are my sources of research. There are some talents that he has only shown so far on the DTP album in my opinion, so be sure you cop all three before passing judgement on his overall MC rating.
As far as "Word of Mouf" goes, it's such a substantial follow-up to "Back for the First Time" I sincerely worry about the alleged "Beer and Chicken" release. Only Tribe Called Quest has been able to release 3 consecutive albums of their own that got incrementally better (some may argue they at least were all comparable to each other.) Consecutive albums using the same framework of track variance is, in my opinion, a staple of fundemental Hip-Hop. That is each album having the same type of track in comparable order. I prefer the freestyle track on the first album, but everything else is better on the second album. Of course some situations call for songs from "Back for the First Time" as well as "Golden Grain." I keep all three CDs in close proximity. With the word limit creeping up on me, this is a must have, (especially if you have even a modest system in your whip)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Southern MC!, April 2 2003
This review is from: Ludacris:Word Of Mouf (Audio CD)
I do not really like Southern rap, but I have to admit, Luda's style is hot. He drops very complex punches and metaphors. His similies are exellent and his flow is just smooth. Unlike many MC's today, Ludacris created his own style. He is definatly very talented. Luda makes you laugh with his cartoon-ish rap. His lyrics are very entertaining indeed. I love this CD. It has been in my collection for over a year now, and I still bump it in my ride or at home sometimes. The production on this album is very nice. The beats are not pop but they are very catchy. I can still here the melodie from "Saturday" echoing in my head. The first track, "Coming 2 America" starts off with a qoute from the movie "Coming To America" (With Eddie Murphy). Then the hardcore, southern beat comes on. Luda drops verses that are fire on this one. Definatly a very nice track. Then is the hit single everyone knows of, "Roll Out". This has MAD flow and hot lyrics. The beat is so catchy, the whole song is just banging! After that is "Go 2 Sleep" which is a hot song. It is the type of song to put on when your wrestling or fighting with your friends in the back yard, or on the block. Then it's "Cry Babies". This track is hard to forget. Makes me go up to my homie and start beating the living sh*t out of him. "She Said" is one of the funniest tracks I've heard!!! Very funny and Luda is laying hot verses here. After that is "Howhere" which is the funniest skit I've ever heard. It's so funny, I was crying from laughing so much. Then is the theme from Rush Hour, "Area Codes" featuring Nate Dogg. This is very hot, I bump this one alot. "Growing Pain" is my favorite track on this album. It's very honest and is tight. This is better than the remix that appeared on "Golden Grain" (by Disturbing Tha Peace). Ludacris spits fire here. Another skit to knock you off your chair is "Greatest Hits". This is so funny! It's too halerious to explain. After that is "Move Bi*ch" featuring Mystikal. It's the hottest song to play in the car on high volume when your in a traffic jam and reall ticked. Then it's "Stop Lying" which is another skit to laugh to. He has the best skits ever. Then its the ever-so-catchy "Saturday". It's a nice track, but I don't really dig his flow here. Though the beat is nice to freestyle on, or just use for your own record. After that is "Keep It On The Hush". This one is very low-tempo, and mellowed down. It's style nice and Luda is nice on here. It's funny and has crazy flow. "Word Of Mouf (Freestyle)", is hot as hell!! Luda spits some of the best lyrics I've ever heard from here. Luda is definatly hot in freestyling. "Get The F**k Back" has a really hot beat, but I don't dig the I-40's verse. "Freaky Thangs" featuring Jagged Edge is a nice club joint for the ladies. Luda's verses is are on fire!!! The last track, "Cold Outside" is the only joint I can live without. Overall this record is essiential in your Hip Hop collection. The Bonus song, "Block Lockdown" is one of the best tracks on this album. I gave this album 4.5/5. There are acouple of songs I could skip over but this is definatly a hot, hot record.

Word of Mouf
Word of Mouf by Ludacris (Audio CD - 2004)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available