I bought this with my five year old in mind.

Published on Dec 8 2011 by HfxKD

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Made very cheaply for the price, should be in the dollar store, Still works decently
Published 2 months ago by brandon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It Slices! It...ok, it just slices. But it does it really well!, Dec 8 2011
HfxKD (Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Messermeister 900-230 Stainless Steel Thick-N-Thin Cheese Slicer (Kitchen)
I bought this with my five year old in mind.

No, he's not put to work slicing cheese. But he DOES want those prepackaged garbage packs that all his schoolmates have, with preservative-filled deli meats, processed cheeses, crackers, etc. to take to school. We're not crazy health nuts, but I don't buy that kind of thing, even deli meats are a rarity in our household. He mostly likes healthy food, so I want him to have healthier versions of these things that he'll eat!

I was cutting our real cheddar with a knife, with mixed results. I couldn't cut it thin enough or uniform enough to do what I wanted. This tool is great. I can cut a big block of cheddar in two different thicknesses, it cuts straight and uniform. I'll do a bunch at once and have it handy for snacks, grilled cheese sandwiches, and his lunches.

I either put it in my son's lunch just like that, or I use a cookie cutter and cut it into shapes, put the scraps into the fridge for other things. He gets his shaped cheese with real meat, pita bread or crackers, and voila! At least a somewhat healthier form of those prepackaged garbage packs. :)

This will work really well for a cheese platter to serve to guests, etc. too. I'm really happy with it. I'm hoping the wires won't give out prematurely, I've only had it for a week or so, but so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheese slicer, May 15 2013
I love this slicer! The wires used to cut work really well on even very hard cheeses like parmesan, and it's great that you can get both very thin slices and thicker ones. Great for making parmesan cheese "curls" for salads, soups, etc. The only thing that I found could be improved a little is that it takes kind of a two-handed approach to get it to cut straight down right to the bottom of a block of cheese. That is, you have to apply pressure on both sides of the blade holding the slicing wires, and you also have to have the cheese block sitting on a completely flat surface. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!, Oct. 25 2011
Super easy to use, easy to clean - it's a very precise and functional device! I use to slice both thick and thin slices of cheese. The slices are perfect everytime, which is perfect for display platters.

5.0 out of 5 stars It cuts cheese!, April 28 2012
This is a solidly built product, it cuts cheese, good price, what more can you ask for? Nothing. Get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cheese slicer, Aug. 20 2013
This is the best cheese slicer I have ever had the pleasure using . Cuts perfectly , easily and cleans just as easy . Highly recommend this to anyone ! Perfect to slice with and perfect to clean Bravo to Messermeister !

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cheese Whiz, July 21 2013
I used to cut cheese slabs with my knife and my hand got really sore after awhile. The slicer is such a breeze and it will cut through any thickness. Now I can make my own grill cheese instead of using processed cheese. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful simple cheese slicer, June 19 2013
I was looking for a cheese slicer that would tackle wide pieces of cheese, as I want to cut them out with a cookie cutter after slicing. Also that would tackle softer cheeses like mozzarella. This slicer is great. You can get quite thick slices, or much thinner ones, and they come out really very evenly. I like that it handles much like a common kitchen knife. Only caveat is that I find it hard to finish the slice without it breaking off a thicker piece of cheese. I still give it 5 stars. It is my favorite new kitchen gadget. And I love the name: Messermeister.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it was meant to do, Feb. 3 2013
My daughter stole it from me - she loved it and I am much better at using a knife. Will be ordering more for myself and gifts. It would be great on a cheese board when entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super tool, Dec 7 2012
Very easy to use and slices smoothly and evenly. It washes up nicely. It's a handy kitchen tool to have if you eat cheese. Loving this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cheese Cutter EVER, Oct. 28 2012
A must have in your cutlery drawer, Love the 2 thickness options as it cuts cold hard cheddar out of the fridge. Should have bought more as gifts. Yes I would definitely recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›