5.0 out of 5 stars The best adult cartoon out there!
This is the best adult cartoon that has ever been invented. I remember when I was a child I had to sneak behind my father's back if I wanted to watch this show. This show pushes the envelope like no other show has ever done before. The best part is that southpark is still strong.
Published on March 10 2012 by Bruiser

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised
Published on Dec 9 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, Dec 9 2002
By A Customer
I excitedly preordered this DVD set because like everyone, I know that the T&M commentaries would be as funny as the episodes themselves (See Cannibal: The Musical). This DVD set supposedly had a lot of extras that made buying it worthwhile, but I found out just after my DVD was shipped that they had pulled everything from the DVD, including the introductions that you can get on the original individual DVDs. What's with that?? Don't buy it! And be careful about preordering!

4.0 out of 5 stars YES!, April 6 2012
CurlyB (Canada, Ontario (Belleville)) - See all my reviews
The first season of South Park will always be, by far, my favorite. If anyone is wanting to watch it, this would be where to start off. Although, I do have one complaint. And it's not towards the DVD itself, it's towards the price here on Amazon. It doesn't need to be this high. I just bought this first season (same case) for $25 at HMV for my friend's birthday. If you want to get this DVD, order it from sam's club in Belleville, or from HMV.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best adult cartoon out there!, March 10 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was unrated...?, Dec 9 2002
By A Customer
I watched a couple of episodes and it was still censored.
Have no idea why. I'm really starting to hate Warner Brothers DVDs, because they aren't giving what the consumers demanding (Walk to Remember has lots of cut scenes, see IMDB.com; and why are they holding back on Harry Potter Footage? Why can't they release a special DVD cut? Like the Lord of the Rings?)
I'll just stick with FOX TV DVD box sets, thank you very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extras on another CD, Nov. 8 2002
I am looking forward to this DVD as well. On the southpark website they said that the company thats making the DVDs wouldn't let them put commentary on it becuase there was too much vulgar language. THey also said that after you buy the dvd you can send in a proof of purchase and they will send you the commentary on a seperate Cd for free. Its better than nothing I guess. Although, it might be easier to just play the commentary CD with the episodes you already bought.

1.0 out of 5 stars Every single one of these episodes is already available, July 28 2002
Every single one of these episodes is already avialable on DVD. Give us something new!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's finally coming!, Oct. 19 2002
Warner Bros. are finally releasing South Park's first season on DVD. **ALL** of the episodes from season one are on here, and it has some really good ones. I can't wait until it comes out because I will definitely buy it. If you're not sure which episodes are on the First Season, or forgot what they're about, here they are:
1. Cartman Gets An Anal Probe - 13-Aug-1997
Brief Plot: The boys rescue Kyle's little brother from aliens who have come to South Park.
2. Weight Gain 4000 - 27-Aug-1997
Kathie Lee Gifford presents the award to Cartman for winning the school's essay contest.
3. Volcano - 20-Aug-1997
The boys hunting trip is threatened by activity from a nearby volcano and a mysterious creature.
4. Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride - 3-Sep-1997
Stan's dog explores his sexuality.
5. An Elephant Makes Love To A Pig - 10-Sep-1997
A genetic engineering experiment unleashes Stans mutant twin.
6. Death - 17-Sep-1997
With the help of Stan's grandfather, the kids summon the Grim Reaper.
7. Pink Eye - 29-Oct-1997
Pinkeye interrupts Halloween festivities.
8. Damien - 4-Feb-1998
Jesus and Satan fight a battle for spiritual domination on Pay-Per-View which conflicts with Cartman's birthday party.
9. Starvin' Marvin - 19-Nov-1997
Government authorities mistake Cartman for a starving African child and send him to Ethiopia.
10. Mr. Hankey, The Christmas Poo - 17-Dec-1997
When Kyle's musical holiday pal Mr. Hankey shows up it makes for a memorable Christmas in South Park.
11. Tom's Rhinoplasty - 11-Feb-1998
A substitute teacher gets in between Stan and Wendy's relationship.
12. Mecha-Streisand - 18-Feb-1998
The boys find a prehistoric relic that spawns a monster that threatens to destroy the world.
13. Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut - 25-Feb-1998
When Cartman begins acting strange a guidance counselor suggests the cure lies with finding his father.
This is going to be great! With such episodes as 'Cartman Gets An Anal Probe' and 'Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo', you would be crazy not to get it.
- Pez King

1.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs WAY Down for Warner Bros., Nov. 9 2002
Joseph D. Scanlon Jr. "The Butcher" (saint louis, missouri United States) - See all my reviews
My review of one star in no way reflects the quality of these great south park episodes. This is a review to reflect the dissapointment in warner brothers i have for not including the commentaries on these dvd's. This is an adult show, and from what i hear, trey and matt made adult commentaries. what am i supposed to do with the cd's? Press play on my dvd and cd player at the same time and hope that they are in unison. hey warner brothers! there is a reason south park is aired at 10p.m. eastern. You know why that is? BECAUSE IT'S NOT FOR KIDS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfactory, Nov. 15 2011
Mandy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: South Park: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Item was delivered in a timely manner, and without any damage, exactly as described. I was very pleased with the promptness and quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good start, April 29 2011
K. Roy (ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: South Park: The Complete First Season (DVD)
This show is something I'm just currently getting into in 2011. Back when it first came out I found little interest in it but I'm happy that somehow 14 seasons later its made me care about it.

This season does not have the best of episodes but there are still some humorous ones found within. The bonus content is a bit lacking but still appreciated nonetheless (especially since it seems every season after the first and second has next to nothing included).

The artwork for the case is great and the discs are held firmly in place so no risk of damage in this 3-disc (12 episode) set.

This set does contain a lot of classic episodes that many people know the phrases to so its still worth a watch albeit dated at the same time.

The sound is a slight issue as it seems to fade in and out at times (volume wise). Another problem is that at times it appears as if they were filming in a bathroom or a cave as there is a slight echo in the voices which then goes away as quickly as it came.

Anyways a great show but I'm hoping for many more laughs in the coming seasons!

South Park: The Complete First Season
South Park: The Complete First Season by Trey Parker (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 10.00