4.0 out of 5 stars Still Good
I have to say that I dont agree with the other reviewers. Ok So I am a PC person, always have been. I didnt know until reading these reviews that Uru was PC only.
Published on Jan. 22 2005 by stk

1.0 out of 5 stars no Loss
to MAC users everywhere - don't fret.
This game was total pants!!
(pants being a Scots term meaning it sucks!!!)
Nothing at all like the previous Myst games.
The graphics were mediocre at best -
nothing to compare with Myst 3:Exile.
Published on Dec 28 2004 by Grumbleguts

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Good, Jan. 22 2005
stk (Healdsburg, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles (CD-ROM)
I have yet to beat Uru. I find it challenging and not in the least boring. The grafics are slightly lower quality than the Exile ones, however, It is real time grafics meaning that you walk around freely. Some of the puzzels are easier than previous games, however others are much more challenging. Also I find the plot line much more involved.
So I am rating this game 4/5 for the wonderful emersion, sound, and plot line. it losses a point for the mac incapatibility and the reduced grafics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best adventure game I have ever played !, Dec 8 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles (CD-ROM)
This game has it all as far as true adventure gaming is concerned. It is far advanced in all aspects, and since its
release, no other game in this category has ever been made. It is made & linked to the MYST series, but allows movement by the avatar that was never used in the MYST games. Mystery, puzzles, great graphics, and many locations are there to discover. [ I have played this game more than several times, over & over... and will do so again.]
This review can't do it justice, but if you have ever played MYST or MYST like games, you will love this.
I am just extremely sad that there will never be another game like this again.
[ As a lover of this type of adventure gaming, I have now only available to me " hidden object" games,... this is how far this style of gaming has de-evolved to !! ]

1.0 out of 5 stars no Loss, Dec 28 2004
Grumbleguts (Aberdeen Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles (CD-ROM)
to MAC users everywhere - don't fret.
This game was total pants!!
(pants being a Scots term meaning it sucks!!!)
Nothing at all like the previous Myst games.
The graphics were mediocre at best -
nothing to compare with Myst 3:Exile.
the game play was a pedestrian search for pieces of cloth with symbols - none of the ingenious clue searching and then puzzle solving like the previous games.
There is no sign of Artrus and Catherine.
only their daughter - Yeesha - who sounds a bit like a tree-hugging hippy to me.
I played it - in a matter of hours rather than the months the previous games took me.
I didn't bother going online - and by the time I was curious enough to look at the online community - it had closed.
The whole concept of an online Myst was doomed to failure anyway.
Nonetheless - the game makers didn't have the online part right before they started - and it never worked successfully.
~You chaps didn't miss a thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too bad it isn't for Mac users..., July 15 2004
R. Carroll "Author/Artist" (Littleton, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles (CD-ROM)
After years of playing the Myst series on our Mac, my daughters and I are very disappointed that we've been left out of the Uru adventure. I do have an old PC, but it won't support Uru either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, Ubi, Sept. 30 2004
D. Holm "gurgeh" (Beantown) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles (CD-ROM)
I agree with the previous writer - what was UbiSoft thinking when they blew off all their dedicated Mac customers? Their public excuse is that the company that provided the engine for Uru isn't interested in making it Mac-compatible. Well, that's not good enough. Couldn't have Ubi insisted that it be Mac-friendly? Or sought out another engine-source? I would have bought Myst 4 immediately if Uru had been made for me and all the other Mac owners, but now, I don't think so - I'll wait a year and get it on Ebay. Ubi's lost this loyal (until the Uru slap-in-the-face) customer.

Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles
Myst Uru: The Complete Chronicles by Ubisoft (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP)
Used & New from: CDN$ 74.99