5.0 out of 5 stars Extension d'Apple Airport Express, Aug. 25 2012
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
Je suis très satisfait de l'achat de cet amplificateur. Il me permet de mettre en liaison la borne Airport Express avec mes haut-parleurs externes. Le signal de la borne provient soit de mon iMac iTunes ou de mon iPad. Ce petit amplificateur détecte automatiquement le signal provenant de la borne et s'arrête automatiquement lorsque le signal cesse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfiedwith my new AudioSource, Jan. 8 2013
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
My rating is due to the fact that this AudioSource is relly what I need. So far I have no problems with it and I recommend it to anyone in need of this component The price is also very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang-for-the-buck!, May 16 2012
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
An absolutely fantastic-sounding amp regardless of the price. Nice smooth top-end, a midrange to die for, bass extension that goes Barry White deep, and an open soundstage par excellence. One tip that cannot be ignored: read the manual! For normal stereo use, 'INPUT 2' is a must, as 'INPUT 1' is signal-triggered for standby use. Either way, it's insane sound quality for $100.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good amp for the price., June 18 2011
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
It's a basic amplifier with good quality components and a neat assembly. Power rating at 50w/ch seems fair, but I got a 35w/ch Harman Kardon and a 30w/ch NAD that were more powerfull (and much more expensive) than the AudioSource. Sound quality is very good : it's neutral, clean and without audible noise, hiss or distortion, even at near full volume.

I don't like the Auto-Switching inputs system, wich is too sensitive and keep switch between input 1 and 2 when there are quiet passages in music (on input 1). So I use only input 2. The same problem apply to the Auto-Sensing Power On, wich is useless for me.

Overall, it's a great buy for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid amplifier, March 16 2013
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
This is a solid stereo amplifier, physically and powerfully. It has a hefty weight and feel to it.

I've only used this amp for a total of several hours at moderate to medium volume levels, but so far its lukewarm temperature at worst remains constant on the heatsink vents at the top and bottom. That was one of my concerns prior to buying it, and I'm glad that it's no problem.

My sources are a laptop connected to an external USB DAC, which then connects to this amp. I haven't dared try playing music at 50% volume because it's already loud at the 3rd-4th volume knob's "dot". This is with 4-8 ohm passive bookshelf speakers, 90 dB sensitivity.

A few cons:
1) With my ears right up front to my speakers I hear a very small background "electronic" noise (not the hissing or humming noise), even when no audio is playing. Adjusting the amp's volume makes no difference whatsoever, even at its lowest setting. I thought it was due to my inexperience at setting up my 12 gauge speaker wires, but the same result occurs when I tested them with pre-made speaker wire that I've used with my previous PC speakers for 3 years. My previous speakers were dead silent up close. Only two 2 variables have changed since using this amp: the amp itself and the bookshelf speakers. I doubt it's my new Cambridge Audio S30 speakers that are highly regarded to be the culprit. Still, this flaw doesn't matter much since it's inaudible during practical listening positions.
[Update] - Upon closer inspection the same noise emanates directly from the amp, and it's slightly more noticeable from there than from the speakers.

2) At very low volume levels there's channel imbalance in the speaker output, with the right speaker being quieter than the left. I read this is a common flaw in a lot of budget amplifiers, but I don't have much experience to confirm that claim. This also isn't a big deal since I rarely listen at that low level, and when I do it's only so that I can temporarily listen to my surroundings.

3) Whenever the amp powers off there is a "poof" noise (like the noise that occurs when a photographer takes a photo during the flash). This has been reported by other users and is the only real concern I have with regards to equipment damage / longevity.

Despite some flaws, it's still the best bang for your buck amp for 50-60 watts per channel. I contemplated whether to go with this or one of the more energy efficient, compact, cheap T class amps. I don't regret getting this since T amps tend to have high THD (distortion) % at high volumes and lack power when more volume is desired. The trade off is worth it, but you have to plan ahead due to its larger dimensions requiring more space. I also thought about the OSD Audio AMP120 for $14 cheaper since it contains the same specs and even looks almost the same (and that OSD and AudioSource seem to share other similar products like subwoofers), but it lacks extensive reviews and details. It feels safer to go with the AudioSource. That plus the OSD's volume knob is smaller, which I don't like.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, doesn't sound horrible, Feb. 10 2013
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
Auto on and auto switch inputs make this an easy to use inexpensive audio solution. Not for a complex system but for simple 2 input audio does the trick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good amp for the money, Aug. 1 2012
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
Received the product with damaged on all speaker B terminals. Good thing I only used speaker A input for my home theater system. Other than that, product works well for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, Sept. 20 2014
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
Very easy to set up - no brainer actually. Seems to be well constructed.

I am using it to drive 12 pairs of speakers in various parts of my home; a job my 42 year old Marantz 2220 did for the past 8 years. However, I cannot figure out why a 50W amp has to be at the same volume as my 20W Marantz for the same loudness.

Still it works and was cost effective and that is all I care about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it daily!, April 11 2014
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
This is really a great product. The sound quality is great and it's a powerful little device.

The only drawback I see is that the "auto switching" feature (between channel 1 and 2) is a bit too insensitive, so there has to be a good amount of sound on the first channel to avoid switching to the other, otherwise the sound cuts off. Since I use it for music which does have soft sounds, the result is not that great. But I still think it deserved 5 stars because it works really well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but one little snag, Jan. 31 2014
This review is from: AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier (Electronics)
It shuts off if you connect your source to the wrong input. It is described in the manual but I had to search the Internet to find the answer and really understood the problem. Not sure why they made it like that.

AudioSource AMP-100 Stereo Power Amplifier