5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the force again!
Published on April 9 2011 by OisacX

2.0 out of 5 stars Knights of the Old Republic II
I fell in love with KOTOR I, and I am not a gamer! But I do love the whole Star Wars universe. While I have played a lot of the SW games, I have to admit I haven't enjoyed many of them very much.
Published on June 19 2005 by Ruth Andrews

2.0 out of 5 stars Knights of the Old Republic II, June 19 2005
Ruth Andrews (Waterloo, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II: Sith Lords Minibox (Video Game)
KOTOR I however is a fabulous game. The graphics were great, the story line compelling, you didn't often find yourself wandering around at a loss for what to do and the controls were "tight". The story was so compelling that you found yourself playing it for hours just to find out what happens next, as there is always a twist...
I eagerly awaited KOTOR II and was one of the first to buy it. KOTOR II however is a big let down. The story line is very weak, confusing at times and the ending is just plain terrible. Who did they get to write this? Somebody who doesn't have a tenth of the ability of the original writer. When I got to the ending I just stared at the screen in huge disappointment - I had spent how many hours to get that?! My daughter who was also playing along was so disgusted she never did finish it and my son, just said forget it and never did play it.
That said the game play itself was good, and they have made some refinements in the mechanics of the game that make sense and do improve the overall game experience. However the game control is "loose". Sorry I can't make it clearer than that so its harder to get your character to the exact point you want. The graphics are not as crisp nor do they have as full colour.
So overall I have to say I was very disappointed with this game, and I wouldn't recomend it......:-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the force again!, April 9 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't know why, but I never get tired of playing this game. The story is quite long enough to keep you sustained for a while. All the options you have.... reminds me of the first 2 fallout genre. Being bad or good and see how much it affects the game so bad. And of course how you can use the force by any mean necessary, and how powerful you can get with it. I got the game for 20$, and would definitely do it again. It's worth every penny !

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the opening crawl: this game is NOT called KotOR II, March 28 2005
Jeff (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
The story of STAR WARS - THE SITH LORDS picks up about five years after STAR WARS - KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. the story may remind you a bit of STAR WARS EPISODE III, and the classic trilogy, EPISODES IV-VI; in the sense that you are the last of the Jedi. There are a few things that need to be said about SITH LORDS. it is an awesome game, however I found KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC to be MUCH better in comparision. Nothing against this game: after playing KotOR, you could you top THAT? At times, SITH LORDS feels rushed. There are a few technical things that make SITH LORDS different than the first, such as influencing party memebers. But the game PLAYS like the first one, it follows pretty much the same engine: there's no massive overhaul. Because of that, it takes a little away from the "oomph" that the first title had. The best way to describe what I mean is that JEDI ACADEMY didn't feel a whole different than JEDI KNIGHT II, did it? All in all, a great follow up, but not quite as good as the first. I can't wait for the sequel to THIS one now....

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but with problems., April 19 2013
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought the game some time ago and enjoyed the game play. However, I have a few issues with the game itself.

1) The game was not finished before it was released. As such there are some storyline threads that are left unfinished.

2) It would seem that the makers of the game decided to incorporate ALL the feedback they were given on KOTOR 1. It just has the feel of them trying to make everyone happy and in my book that takes something away from it.

HOWEVER, despite the issues with the game I have enjoyed it enough to buy another copy as my old disks have been lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucas Arts - Do not rush a game just for the holidays!!!, Aug. 20 2005
David Huston (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
KOTOR II is not one of those games for those who do not like a lot of talk, especially talk many don't understand. However, I loved it. Kreia was the most intreging player I have ever seen in a game - and the other NPC's were really fasicnating, the voice acting was great.
The game seems to be at a much quicker pace than KOTOR. Graphics are slightly better (could be much better). Game play is the same turned based style. I seemed to like this since it gives better control (your Jedi-so it give you the sense you are reacting quickly). The influence chacks and dark side transitions for NPC's is a great imporvement upon KOTOR (The DS lok for Handmaiden and Mira is awesome).
The only thing wrong with this game is near the end. It seems rushed(and short) - which it is. Another game that is released for the holiday season. The gamer must be able to make the connections (with great intuition) to understand the chapters of the game. Such horrible move by companies make developers (like Obsidian) look bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic ll Sith Lords Minibox, Feb. 20 2013
Have'nt played it yet but if is anything like the first one it will be great! Can't wait to start playing it. Great value like the first one!

2.0 out of 5 stars it hurts to watch so much potential fall flat on it's face, Jan. 6 2006
By A Customer
The game starts off great, good story and lots of hooks coming back from the first game. After countless dead ends and plot twists that go nowhere I got fed up. This is easily the most frustrating game I have ever played. A pale immitation of the original KOTOR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 16 2014
Prety good game in it's day

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II: Sith Lords Minibox
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II: Sith Lords Minibox by LucasArts (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP)
Used & New from: CDN$ 24.95