5.0 out of 5 stars Alexisonfire has done it again

Published on Dec 6 2004 by Andrew

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexisonfire has done it again, March 22 2005
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure if they'd be able to top the quality of their first album, but in my opinion they've done it. You can't argue that these guys have real talent. Don't focus in on the fact that sometimes you'll find George screaming more than he needs to, they've fixed that problem a bit in Watch Out! Totally the most addictive album ever, great songs being Accidents, No Transitory, Control and Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama. If you liked their self-titled, I guarantee you'll love this one

4.0 out of 5 stars Geeking, Sept. 24 2005
DJ_Killa_Kan (Toronto Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
I've listened to this disc at least five times now in a row and I still can't figure out if it's a story album or not. Whatever, it's still well put together, the only oddity is the play in from No transitory to Sharks and daggers, but hey it's a nice breath of fresh air from George beating the crap out of his vocal cords. Now as to you little dorks trying to rip on a standout in a genre, you try and scream like george for three minutes and be coherent and even anywhere near as consistent, it's not as easy as he makes it seem. Stick to your genre's people, if you know you don't like Hardcore then stay away from these guys, if you do, PICK THIS DISC UP!

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget the past!, April 27 2005
Miguel Topa (T-Dot) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
Let's face it. I can admit it. I was a little shy jumping on the Alexisonfire bandwagon...then I heard "No Transitory", the second single from "Watch Out!" And I was suddenly hooked. I bought this album, and let's face it. This band's first album SUCKED! This album blows the roof off with such hits as "Accidents", "Control", and "Sharks And Danger". The band impressed me with their less screaming, more melody attitude on this album. When used, the screaming becomes an instrument, which makes songs like "White Devil" stand out.
Any fan of rock should own this album...I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., Jan. 28 2005
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
This was their first album i heard and i loved it... i bought their first as well and that is amazing as well i like how george's new screaming is more understandable... in the first it sounded like shrieks a lot of times but it was still awesome...
and to theguy who did the editorial review John Loftus... George does not sing... that's Dallas... do your homework before you review something

5.0 out of 5 stars aof, Jan. 5 2005
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
A great cd, more studio enhanced then their first, and alot less screaming, but i like it better, theres more complicated guitar and Dallas gets more singing time, george still gets in there and does backup singing too along with his sccreaminggg. I saw these guys twice and theyre amazing, they get better as they go. It's a great cd though, give it a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, Dec 13 2004
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
I Have to admit this cd isnt even comarable to their debut, I dont know what happened. Some say georges throat bleeds when he yells, somesay they just wanted to make more money

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay, Dec 6 2004
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
i was a huge fan of these guys when I first heard their first album. They sounded like a punk band with elements of hardcore, screamo and metal all in one, which is why I really enjoyed this band. So i went on their site one day and it said that this cd was coming out. I was stoked and i went out and bought the album the first day it came out. What i heard when i popped it in the cd player was not the Alexisonfire that I fell in love with on their first album. What i heard was a more "radio friendly" version of AOF. What i mean by this is many of the elements that made these guys good were gone (not much screaming, no incoherent sentences, not as heavy). There is less screaming on the album and more slower melodys on the album. Overall there is also better production on the album (unlike the previous album that had rougher production).
To end this review. I give this album a 3 because it is a good album, but not as good as their first one. Many of the elements that made this band unique are gone and have been thrown out the window. I suggest downloading a few songs before you buy the album, because if you are a hardcore Alexisonfire fan like myself you will be very disappointed with this album.

1.0 out of 5 stars You all should have your ears looked at, Nov. 9 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
These guys are plain horrid, there was once a time when melody, harmony and structure where the main guiding elements of a song , this time is dead. The epitaph of the gravestone of rock n' roll will read, here rest the single most powerful force to sticking it to the Man, killed by fashionable excess, head banging, and an acute case of "balls to the wall" syndrom This album is better than their last but missing is the only redeeming feature of their previous effort the nonsensical lyrics. If you like shopping at secondhand clothes stores, brooding over how no one will never understand your complicated white suburban life, and trying to be different than pick this up today and hammer the coffin closed on rock n' roll forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD Ever, Oct. 15 2004
Joshua Slykhuis (Dawson Creek, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
This CD rocked my socks off!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Sept. 21 2004
Krista (New Brunswick) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watch Out! (Audio CD)
I have to admit that the time I bought this CD it had been stored away collecting dust for about 2 weeks, because I had shied away from the scream-o music. But once I started listening to the music, I had become so addicted. This album is softer and has more singing than screaming compared to their first great album. Each song is uniquely put together, music matching lyrics and voices matching the music. The best part? They have songs on real life issues and not just about a girl that dumped them for some fat ,ugly guy. They are a very awesome band and I would recommend this CD to EVERYONE....including my parents!! So, if you have not bought this cd...you should!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xf704e34)

Watch Out!
Watch Out! by Alexisonfire (Audio CD - 2004)