march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: fits 5 to 6 quart mixers|Change

Showing 11-20 of 125 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on August 26, 2012
I recently purchased this product for use with my KitchenAid Pro 600 mixer. It works well and I am very pleased with the product.

I recommend Philadelphia-style ice cream, as eliminates the custard base and eggs and is much simpler to make. It consists of cream, milk, sugar and flavouring like vanilla or chocolate. It is much like soft serve ice cream and can be frozen so that it hardens. I keep the bowl frozen in the freezer ready for the next batch.

Prepare your ingredients prior to pouring the mixture into the container as it will begin to immediately freeze and the dasher will not rotate in the bowl. The first time I made ice cream, I was too slow when I added the ingredients to the bowl and it froze to the sides. I had to scrap (with a plastic spatula) the frozen material from the sides in order for the dasher to move. The ice cream was delicious.
on May 25, 2012
This device makes great ice cream. I can't compare to other devices since I already had the Kitchen Aid base and it made sense to buy an attachment instead of a whole other machine. The attachment stays in our freezer in the garage so its always ready for use (needs to be close to freezing to do its job); if you have a small freezer then you need to consider how you'll make place and/or put it in there a few hours ahead of time to cool it. I have made a dozen of batches of ice cream, from the low fat to the most decadent and all are amazing. Comparing this to store-bought is like any home-made vs store-made comparison; I also like the fact that no preservatives or additives go into mine. My family likes the ice cream softish, which it is just as you finish making it. The rest of the batch goes in the freezer and becomes very hard for the following servings.
on October 4, 2014
YUMMY!!!
*** no need to use sugar, just use real organic fruits (lots of natural juices and sugar)
on December 6, 2014
It was a great day when I ordered this attachment for my Kitchenaid stand mixer! I make wholesome, delicious ice cream which is both economical and free of all the GMO's and other junk found in store-bought. There are hundreds of recipes online, some of which require considerable effort and all manner of strange ingredients. Here's a tip: you don't really need any of that! I make the best ice cream ever with just milk, cream (or half and half) sugar and frozen strawberries from my own garden. The attachment is simple to use, easy to clean and makes the ice cream perfectly in very little time. Keep it in the freezer and you can have yummy dessert anytime you want in about 20 minutes. Awesome product!
on February 18, 2012
I love, love, love my new KitchenAid ice cream maker. Comes with adapters to fit any KitchenAid mixer. I've never been a huge fan of ice cream but I love homemade ice cream. I recommend the Ben and Jerry's recipe book.
on October 4, 2015
Since I bought it, we have used it exclusively to make ice cream.....all kinds. We store it in the freezer, as suggested, and use it frequently.Works like a charm. Haven't bought any ice cream from the store since.
on August 8, 2011
I had only seen the ice cream maker attachment advertised on TV and was skeptical to say the least. I love home made ice cream but wasn't sure about the attachment. I decided to try it and it worked fantastic! I absolutely LOVE this ice cream maker. I keep it in my freezer as suggested by some reviews I read and it is ready to go at a moments notice. It truly does work but the only thing I do is add a little more time to the processing....about 5 - 10 minutes, that's all!! You will love it!
on July 20, 2011
After looking at a number of different ice cream maker options, we decided to go with the KitchenAid attachment. Our family (and anyone who has tasted the ice cream and sorbets made from it) could not be happier. It makes fabulous ice cream!

You do need to plan ahead to make ice cream though. Most of the recipies call for at least 8 hours chilling of the batter before it is actually made into ice cream using the attachment, and the bowl does need to freeze for at least 15 hours between use. Making the ice cream is easy - and we have yet to try one that we did not love.
on January 27, 2012
Absolutely LOVE it! It works great and makes excellent homemade ice cream! :) You won't buy commercial ice cream anymore! It's a must if you have a Kitchenaid stand mixer...
I love this ice cream maker. The price was right and I couldn't be happier with it. I've had it a little over a year and so far, I've made most of the Ben and Jerries recipes (the Georgia peach ice cream is to die for) and a cranberry sorbet for Thanksgiving.

Yes, you do have to plan ahead a little, because the ice cream maker has to rest for 16 hours in the freezer before you can use it, so I keep mine in the freezer all the time (when there's enough room, that is).

Would definitely buy again.

See 1 answered question