Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 11-20 of 110 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on May 16, 2011
Love, love, love!! This product works great...its very quiet as the ice cream is made with the mixer on the stir setting. It usually only takes 20-25 minutes of mixing to have a perfect soft serve ice cream. Highly recommended.
on August 14, 2014
I LOVE this thing! It is so easy to put it together and the ice cream was easy to make. I made the French vanilla recipe that came with it right away except I used real vanilla bean instead and I churned it for a tiny bit longer and then kept it in the freezer and it came out so delicious and creamy. The consistency was kind of soft serve but maybe a little firmer and then more firm once kept frozen in a container. It was really creamy and not at all grainy. My husband loved it and wants me to make the pumpkin recipe next. The instructions were great as they give little tips like keeping the freeze bowl in the back if the freezer and maybe the reviews where they complained about the consistency being too soft are due to not doing this and maybe not churning it long enough. Also, they give ideas about using milk and cream percentages and how changing them give you different consistencies and textures so I found that helpful for if you wanted to make it with less fat but for the first try I decided to stick with the recipe's milk and cream ratio. Overall, really happy with this purchase.
on August 26, 2012
I recently purchased this product for use with my KitchenAid Pro 600 mixer. It works well and I am very pleased with the product.

I recommend Philadelphia-style ice cream, as eliminates the custard base and eggs and is much simpler to make. It consists of cream, milk, sugar and flavouring like vanilla or chocolate. It is much like soft serve ice cream and can be frozen so that it hardens. I keep the bowl frozen in the freezer ready for the next batch.

Prepare your ingredients prior to pouring the mixture into the container as it will begin to immediately freeze and the dasher will not rotate in the bowl. The first time I made ice cream, I was too slow when I added the ingredients to the bowl and it froze to the sides. I had to scrap (with a plastic spatula) the frozen material from the sides in order for the dasher to move. The ice cream was delicious.
on May 25, 2012
This device makes great ice cream. I can't compare to other devices since I already had the Kitchen Aid base and it made sense to buy an attachment instead of a whole other machine. The attachment stays in our freezer in the garage so its always ready for use (needs to be close to freezing to do its job); if you have a small freezer then you need to consider how you'll make place and/or put it in there a few hours ahead of time to cool it. I have made a dozen of batches of ice cream, from the low fat to the most decadent and all are amazing. Comparing this to store-bought is like any home-made vs store-made comparison; I also like the fact that no preservatives or additives go into mine. My family likes the ice cream softish, which it is just as you finish making it. The rest of the batch goes in the freezer and becomes very hard for the following servings.
on December 19, 2011
purchased this a month ago and so far have made two batches of ice cream. First one didn't turn out so well but that happens when you don't follow the recipe! Second batch worked great. Find it very difficult pouring the "batter" into the bowl but other than that it worked well, thickened up nicely. Remember to make sure the machine is running as you pour the batter in. After a night in the freezer the ice cream was completely solid (almost too hard). My daughter is making another batch (raspberry/blackberry) today. We made the batter up last nite and put it in the fridge to cool overnite. As suggested by others commenting we keep the bowl in the deepfreezer at all times. Plan on experimenting with more recipes over the holidays!
on December 6, 2014
It was a great day when I ordered this attachment for my Kitchenaid stand mixer! I make wholesome, delicious ice cream which is both economical and free of all the GMO's and other junk found in store-bought. There are hundreds of recipes online, some of which require considerable effort and all manner of strange ingredients. Here's a tip: you don't really need any of that! I make the best ice cream ever with just milk, cream (or half and half) sugar and frozen strawberries from my own garden. The attachment is simple to use, easy to clean and makes the ice cream perfectly in very little time. Keep it in the freezer and you can have yummy dessert anytime you want in about 20 minutes. Awesome product!
on February 18, 2012
I love, love, love my new KitchenAid ice cream maker. Comes with adapters to fit any KitchenAid mixer. I've never been a huge fan of ice cream but I love homemade ice cream. I recommend the Ben and Jerry's recipe book.
on July 20, 2011
After looking at a number of different ice cream maker options, we decided to go with the KitchenAid attachment. Our family (and anyone who has tasted the ice cream and sorbets made from it) could not be happier. It makes fabulous ice cream!

You do need to plan ahead to make ice cream though. Most of the recipies call for at least 8 hours chilling of the batter before it is actually made into ice cream using the attachment, and the bowl does need to freeze for at least 15 hours between use. Making the ice cream is easy - and we have yet to try one that we did not love.
on January 27, 2012
Absolutely LOVE it! It works great and makes excellent homemade ice cream! :) You won't buy commercial ice cream anymore! It's a must if you have a Kitchenaid stand mixer...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I love this ice cream maker. The price was right and I couldn't be happier with it. I've had it a little over a year and so far, I've made most of the Ben and Jerries recipes (the Georgia peach ice cream is to die for) and a cranberry sorbet for Thanksgiving.

Yes, you do have to plan ahead a little, because the ice cream maker has to rest for 16 hours in the freezer before you can use it, so I keep mine in the freezer all the time (when there's enough room, that is).

Would definitely buy again.

See 1 answered question