summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Tools

Size: fits 5 to 6 quart mixers|Change

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 23, 2010
When I saw that there was an ice-cream maker attachment for the kitchenaid stand mixer, I was so excited. I have only used it once and am already planning many different combinations to try. I did find that it took longer than I thought it would, but good things come to those who wait. The recipe book included has recipes to get you started, with basic flavours which you can then add to. I would have liked some eggless recipes, but those have been easily found online. I would recommend this attachment to anyone who has a kitchenaid stand mixer.
on February 1, 2014
This ice cream maker works great with any KitchenAid Stand mixer. It is easy to use and makes great ice cream, however it does take planning (must be frozen for a day before use) and quite a bit of space in the freezer, so it's not something that you can put in the freezer full-time and use on a whim. As a result, I've used it less often than I thought that I would, although it is still a great product.
on December 2, 2013
This ice cream make works pretty good. I have manages a few great results. The down side is you have to work very fast after careful preparation. Everything and I mean everything should be as cold a possible and still mixable before you start. Anything that you put into the mix above freezing reduces the time you have before the ice cream you are making becomes a runny mess. I have found the best results are to pour the resuling ice cream into cover plastic food savers and then get them to the deep freeze as fax as possible. Cleaning a frozen icemaker is also difficult. I don't worry about that too much. After a rise with cold water, it goes back in the freezer. I don't care if there is some ingredient left frozen to the walls. It adds flavor to the next batch.
on May 11, 2016
Ça fonctionne très bien. Je regrette que les pièces rotatives soient en plastique, on se doute qu'au fil du temps ces pièces se fragiliseront. C'est comme un ice-pack en forme de bol; après environ 30 minutes de brassage vous avez une bonne quantité de crème glacée. Bien meilleure que ce que vous trouverez en épicerie. Mais vous devenez conscient de la quantité de crème riche et de sucre que vous y mettez... yolo!
on May 27, 2016
1 year later and this guy is still performing fine. As most people mention, the keys to success are prefreezing the bowl for at least a day or two on the coldest freezer setting before using, and also chilling your ice cream mix for a few hours or overnight before churning (regardless of the style of ice cream, always chill before mixing!). I keep the bowl in my freezer at all times, and usually mix up my ice cream in the evening, refrigerate over night, and churn in the morning. If you were successful your cream will come out the consistency of soft serve, eat it like that or pop it in the freezer to firm up (30 mins or so). Always remember that unless your using preservatives/emulsifiers in your recipes your ice cream will not last forever. Ideally it should be consumed in a week.

The reason I gave 4 stars and not 5, is because of the whole prefreezing process. But that's just what you get with this, if you can't handle that then get an electric machine. If you'd rather have just a bowl to store instead of an entire other appliance then I would highly recommend this. My counters are already crammed with appliances, so unless making ice cream becomes a daily occurrence I see no need to cram in another one! I've read plenty of other reviews that complain about the freezing fluid leaking, my best guess is that the bowl was handled/stored poorly, or washed with hot water when it was still cold causing it to crack. ALWAYS wash with cool water, or allow the bowl to come to room temp before washing.
review image review image
on December 25, 2013
Got it for Christmas this year and am so looking forward to using it. My family loves ice cream and I love being able to control the quality of the ingredients. I also love that it isn't a second appliance but I use it with something I already have (KitchenAid Mixer).
on November 20, 2015
Extremely cool for making ice cream! Unfortunately I've had it just over a year and it's now leaking blue liquid even though I took good care of not submitting it to extreme changes of temperature, always going to room temperature before washing or freezing.
on May 19, 2015
Wonderful.
My partner doesn't eat sugar, but loves ice cream. It is almost impossible to find sugar-free ice cream, so I picked this up.
Not needing a whole extra appliance was the main draw, and I have a lot of respect for KitchenAid. It didn't disappoint. Easy to use and clean, sets up fast. Takes up freezer space, but it's worth it for ice cream on demand. Fits a fairly large batch.

Only problem I've had is that sometimes I end up with ice cream frozen to the side of the bowl.
on January 12, 2011
I couldn't believe how quickly this was delivered. Got exactly what I wanted, no muss, no fuss. This is a belated Christmas gift for some good friends who just bought a Kitchen Aid a few months ago. This gift is a win-win since the wife has a weakness for ice cream, and the husband loves to cook and impress!
on August 6, 2014
Product seems to do exactly as promised: makes delicious ice cream. I'm still trying recipes.

It was a little tricky to fit on my model, KitchenAid Professional 600. I had to put the back nobby thing in first then settle the sides on and raise the bowl. With the metal mixing bowl, I put the sides on first and snap the back in. It's not a huge deal breaker, just a process change.

See 1 answered question