5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:08 Mins
I got this attachment for my birthday, and I absolutely love it! It can make up to 2 litres in single batch. I give this product a 5 star rating!

There were a few things that I found initially frustrating and annoying; you have to pre-freeze the bowl for a minimum of 15 hours each time you want to make ice cream, and the recipes...
Published on Feb. 7 2012 by Christopher Parr

1.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Ice Cream Makers break quickly and easily
I would strongly advise against buying this product even if you have the mixer. So many people have had the unit leak out its blue anti-freeze after only a couple of uses. It has a design flaw that Kitchen Aid is not standing behind. I used mine twice and it leaked out of an invisible crack in the bottom of the unit. That works out to $50 per quart of ice cream -...
Published 21 months ago by icecream?

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps leaking, Dec 7 2013
Michel Thibodeau (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
I'm on my second KA ice cream maker. The first one was returned because it was leaking the blue inner freezer compound. KitchenAid, to their credit, replaced it immediately.
Unfortunately, the second sorbetiere is leaking as well.
Other than that, works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars I loved it but...., Aug. 15 2013
Susan Neufeld (Nanaimo, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
This product makes yummy sorbets and ice cream. My mango-lime sorbet was the best friends and family have ever tasted (and so easy)! Sadly, within 2 months, the product started to leak blue fluid out the back "button" area. Luckily, I purchased the product through Amazon.ca (I am notoriously bad at keeping receipts!) - so have a proof of purchase for the warranty! I will let you know if it leaks again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Feb. 7 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
Made about a dozen batches of ice cream and frozen yogurt so far with this, and have had amazing results. Just make sure you have a really cold chest freezer for the bowl, because when i had mine in the freezer part of my fridge, I found the bowl starting to lose its freeze before the ice cream got to the right consistency. When I had it in my chest freezer for a couple nights, it was still freezing cold after the ice cream was done, so if you want great results, you really need a COLD freezer. If youve got that, you cant go wrong with this bowl if your ice cream recipe is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker, Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
This item is absolutely wonderful to work with. The directions are very clear and the finished product doesn't last very long in our household. It arrived very quickly after it was ordered and was put into use within the first few days! It was also packaged so that it would arrive safely. Thanks Amazon for the fantastic service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 4 2011
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
I have ordered this item twice and was very disappointed each time. The first time it made delicious cookies and cream ice cream. However, upon a second try the paddle would jam and make the whole KA mixer "hop" on the counter and paddle did not stay in place even after many tries. I returned it and decided to give it a second chance thinking that the first one ordered was defective. NOPE not the case. The second maker did the exact same thing. I was hoping for an attachment instead of a free stand maker to save on space...not worth it. I have a few other KA attachments and love them...the ice cream maker was a let down:( I'm now looking into a free stand maker with more luck hopefully. The homemade stuff is so worth the effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ice cream maker, Feb. 1 2014
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
This ice cream maker works great with any KitchenAid Stand mixer. It is easy to use and makes great ice cream, however it does take planning (must be frozen for a day before use) and quite a bit of space in the freezer, so it's not something that you can put in the freezer full-time and use on a whim. As a result, I've used it less often than I thought that I would, although it is still a great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Leaking Blue Freezing Agent, Jan. 8 2014
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
I originally bought this product in 2008, a year and half later the bowl started leaking from an invisible crack. Kitchen Aid was nice and replaced the bowl free of charge even though the warranty had expired. Now my bowl is 3 years old exactly and it is leaking blue liquid from the top somewhere. I have never dropped it, it has been well cared for.

Kitchen Aid says that I must purchase a new bowl, although they will give me 15% off a replacement unit. I have used it often, it makes good ice cream, but you have to add a cost of $20 per year to your ice cream.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes great ice cream, Dec 2 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
This ice cream make works pretty good. I have manages a few great results. The down side is you have to work very fast after careful preparation. Everything and I mean everything should be as cold a possible and still mixable before you start. Anything that you put into the mix above freezing reduces the time you have before the ice cream you are making becomes a runny mess. I have found the best results are to pour the resuling ice cream into cover plastic food savers and then get them to the deep freeze as fax as possible. Cleaning a frozen icemaker is also difficult. I don't worry about that too much. After a rise with cold water, it goes back in the freezer. I don't care if there is some ingredient left frozen to the walls. It adds flavor to the next batch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Ice Cream couldn't be easier!, July 18 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
Love that this easily attaches to my stand mixer. Most stand alone ice cream makers are bulky and this takes up very little space. I actually just store it in my deep freeze so I can make a batch of ice cream quickly if the mood strikes. Makes a generous size batch as well. Clean up is easy and the results are fantastic. Makes a wonderful soft serve right out the bowl, but all the recipes I've tried freeze up beautifully as well. Highly recommend if you're an ice cream lover. Also, buy "The Perfect Scoop" by David Lebovitz. It is the greatest recipe book for all sorts of frozen treats and mix-ins! The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments

5.0 out of 5 stars JoyL, Feb. 18 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment (Kitchen)
I love, love, love my new KitchenAid ice cream maker. Comes with adapters to fit any KitchenAid mixer. I've never been a huge fan of ice cream but I love homemade ice cream. I recommend the Ben and Jerry's recipe book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›