5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent sequel to an excellent N64 game
Published on Sept. 3 2009 by Joshua K. Zumstien

1.0 out of 5 stars doesnt work
trying the game disc in my game cube, didn't work selling people things that do not work.
all of the other games that i own work in my game cube and Wii devices but the disc i have received did not work
Published 5 months ago by mack7787

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent sequel to an excellent N64 game, Sept. 3 2009
Joshua K. Zumstien (Vancouver) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - GameCube (Video Game)
I'll make this short and sweet: if you like Mario, RPG's, platformers, or fun in general, then you NEED to get this game. This game is the sequel to one of my favorite N64 games, Paper Mario, which was a fantastic hybrid of the platformer and RPG genres. As much as I loved the original, I think this one might be even better: it looks great, the story is hilarious (especially Luigi's dialogue) and the button-pressing, timing based combat makes most other RPG's seem boring in comparison. This is absolutely one of the best games on Gamecube, and it deserves a spot in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, March 11 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Pretty much exactly like the original, but the original was an amazing game. Very addicting and very easy to comprehend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Paper Mario game!, July 14 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just simply loved playing this game a lot! I happen to have this game, but sadly, the disc is scratched. Few years ago, I saw my friend had this game and I wanted my parents to buy me this game, and the wish came true! Getting the Ruby Star was a little rough at first, since this dark character appeared in Twilight Town.

Overall, this is an amazing game and a must-have. I can't wait to play it again soon. I recommend getting this game. ^_^

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Game, Feb. 26 2014
This is the best place to start if your looking for a new RPG to play. Its great for new gamers and Old.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesnt work, Jan. 30 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story game for kids!, March 4 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter is a Super Mario fan. She loves to play this game. It is an adventure, mystery, thinking, slower paced game, and very exciting! She tells me that the graphics are spectacular, and the music is fun too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Paper Mario, Nov. 6 2010
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game for my son. He told me that it is the best Paper Mario game and he loves it. There is a great deal of reading required for this game and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the first Paper Mario, Aug. 24 2005
omar r. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I remember playing the first Paper Mario, I found it to be just a passable experience. It got boring and repetitive, coupled with the disappointment of it not being a "real" sequel to the original Super Mario RPG, which is one of my favorite games of all time. This game makes a marked improvement in the series. It starts off slow (get ready for much readings), and in the first 2 chapters I was thinking "It's the same game as the last one!", what with the same 7 star collecting, the same first 2 allies, and so on. It wasn't until the Twilight chapter that I found out that there are more twists and originality to the game than I had first thought.
The seven stars thing though. That's another one of the drawbacks to the game. This is Nintendo's 4th generation system, yet they are only capable of creating a game of equal length to the one on the 2nd generation system? Please. I'm sick of collecting seven stars all the time, can we maybe have more than seven worlds?
To the positive points. The music isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it's synthy, there are no choirs backed up by an orchestra here. The battling system is hugely improved, with the addition of stylish moves and interaction with a crowd, battles rarely get dull and redundant (for me, at least). Also, the graphics are great. For a game based off 2D characters, that's saying a lot. The animations are enjoyable which help the playability of the game a lot, I think.
Since this is one of the very few RPGs, let alone exclusive RPGs, for the Gamecube, Gamecube owners can't go wrong with this game. Even those who are self-conscious about playing cartoony Mario games should enjoy this game's depth (relatively, at least) and sense of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars INFO..., Oct. 26 2007
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door is a full-blown role-playing game starring a classic 2D character! Time passes and pages turn, leading Mario to turn back to his paper form as he faces a new threat. Crawl through classic-style dungeons as you explore a number of levels, all taking you to different worlds and time periods. Every new chapter is a new adventure as you help Mario collect the Seven Star Stone jewels he needs!

Timing Action Commands help you dodge or inflict damage and impress the crowd, giving you power for super attacks
Use your paper body to your advantage - Fold into a paper airplane and take to the air, turn sideways to slip through narrow passages, and roll into a tube to bounce to safety
Collect all-new weapons and items like hammers, thunderbolts and much more
Numerous partners are here to aid Mario, from the previous games - from Claudia to Yoshi
Enter the Worry Room, where townspeople will post their problems for you to fix -- giving you dozens of great, silly side quests

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say..., Aug. 22 2005
Carmen Martin - See all my reviews
This is absolutly great, a fun game for everyone to play! It has a bit of humor, alot of strategic battles and more! A must buy for RPG AND Mario gamers alike!!!

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - GameCube
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - GameCube by Nintendo of America (GameCube)
Used & New from: CDN$ 36.95