5.0 out of 5 stars The CD is just as good as the movie!
Published on Sept. 3 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Play it again and again and again...
It's a really nice soundtrack selection made by the director, Zach Braff. I think a lot of the songs get you attached once you start to hear them over a few times. The best songs are "Let Go" by Frou Frou and "Such Great Heights". The rest are okay. The truth is I just got the CD becauase I loved the movie.
Published on Jan. 22 2005 by gitboxnat

5.0 out of 5 stars The CD is just as good as the movie!, Sept. 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
I loved this CD! The first time I listened to it I was on the bus with a bunch suits heading to work. The Coldplay song is a great start, 'cause who doesn't like them? The next three songs made me smile and then all of a sudden I'm hit with "I just don't think I'll ever get over you". I must have looked insane sitting on the bus about to burst into tears I was so touched by his voice and the lyrics. Following that song up with "Blue Eyes" was a perfect idea. I was frozen in my seat just listening to these beautiful songs. The rest of the CD is awesome, especially the Simon and Garfunkel song and the song by Iron & Wine. Beautiful, charming and a little goofy, just like the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Collection, Nov. 19 2004
"nixpicks" (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
I have been listening to the soundtrack for a few weeks without having seen the movie, and I loved it. However, I saw the movie recently, and the soundtrack takes on a whole new level of meaningfulness. Each song reminds you of the moment in the movie it compliments, especially as the songs on the soundtrack go in the order they are presented in the film. Highlights are definetely The Shins (both songs), Simon & Garfunkel, and Iron & Wine. However, just because there are standouts doesn't mean that the rest is filler. It is truly a great collection, with no songs that I wished weren't there. As a sidenote, the movie itself is a standout - probably my favourite in a long time. If you haven't seen it, do so. And then listen to the soundtrack a few hundred times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., Sept. 3 2005
Toshi (BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
first off I'll say I wasn't a big fan of this movie. There are some aspects that are incredibly well shot and orchestrated, but overall I felt cheated out of what could have been an incredible movie.
The soundtrack on the other hand... is perfect.
Every song has such an impact on different emotions, it's quite mystifying really. This isn't only one of my favourite soundtracks of all time, it's one of my favourite CD's of all time.
MUST listen to tracks:
Thievery Corporation - Lebanese Blonde
The Shins - New Slang
Remy Zero - Fair
If they had only added the Travis and Postal Service songs that were featured in the trailer...

5.0 out of 5 stars "You gotta hear this one song, it'll change your life...", Jan. 5 2005
"matchbox20_rocks" (Jasper, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
Sweet, charming, and almost darkly mellow, much like the movie, the soundtrack for "Garden State" is a compilation that is as wonderful as the movie, "Garden State". It has an overall vibe about it, that is wonderful and original. I owned the soundtrack for months before seeing the movie, and I thought it was a work of art, but after seeing the movie, it to me demonstrated how music can be so emotional and it can absolutely touch and move someone to tears with its beautiful message. This is an AMAZING soundtrack, and I highly reccommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars If the movie were a soundtrack..., Oct. 20 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
This soundtrack was a perfect fit to the movie. In the opening scene, the song by Coldplay sets the tone for the entire movie, and the rest of the soundtrack keeps it going. The song choices are appropriate and poignant! This soundtrack is perfect to listen to for those times when you're feeling especially mellow, and the two tracks by The Shins make them stand out as a particularly relevant band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss!, Sept. 11 2005
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
"I Just Dont Think I'll Ever Get Over You" by Colin Hay just exemplifies the whole movie and the relationships between all the characters in it....I loved it! I bought the DVD and watched it again for the 3rd time...Its a very intelligent well thought out movie and not too fluffy like alot of material with a young cast....and the soundtrack is the icing on the cake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Movie, Great Music, Aug. 24 2004
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
I'm a music lover and one of the things I look for in a movie is the soundtrack. The music is very important because it could make a scene worth remembering. This was an awesome movie and the music really fit well into it. I give this movie 5 stars and the same rating for it's music counterpart.

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD is like a rainyday sleepover; warm and comforting, Jan. 10 2005
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
This CD is fantastic! It's one of those feel-good CD's that just mezmorize you with there soft comforting and catchy tunes. This is sure to stick with you for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and melancholic, Dec 21 2004
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
this is the most beautiful CD. from the folky shins to the perennial cold play its my favourite CD ever. Frou Frou is fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW..........amazing, Jan. 29 2005
This review is from: Garden State Music From The (Audio CD)
This CD is probably one of the best I've ever heard! It's absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough good things about it and I am constantly recommending it to everyone! My favourite tracks have to be :
1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Caring is Creepy - The Shins
4. New Slang - The Shins
6. Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers (my favourite on the entire album!)
7. Fair - Remy Zero
12. Let Go - Frou Frou
If you're a fan of any of the artists or bands featured, you'll adore this album! BUY IT!!!!

Garden State Music From The
Garden State Music From The by Chad Fischer (Audio CD - 2004)