5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter Is The Best Medicine!
Published on Oct. 23 2003 by Michael King

3.0 out of 5 stars Calling Dr. Jerry Funnybone, stat!
This is a hilarious nuthouse romp (although) Jerry makes everywhere a nuthouse.
The common Lewis flaw of getting carried away with a pathos-driven subplot (this time Susan Oliver trying to bump herself off) bogs things down a bit, but the sight gag totals serve to mellow it out in general.
The only real mistake happens at the tail end of the flick, when a wild...
Published on July 2 2003 by Edmond Gauthier

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter Is The Best Medicine!, Oct. 23 2003
Michael King "Mike" (Taunton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
Jerry Lewis is Jerome Littlefield, an orderly at a mental institution who acts crazier than the patients. Since Frank Tashlin directed this movie, Jerry is free to concentrate solely on his performance, which he does to perfection. Once again Jerry is the lovable loser, who was thrown out of medical school because he felt the symptoms of every patient he diagnosed. This movie features a lot of great sight gags. Jerry fixes a television set in a patient's room that has poor reception, also known as snow. When he takes out the front of the TV, snow comes flying out of the set and soon fills the room! A patient is in a full body cast from head to toe, looking like a plastered mummy. Jerry accidentally knocks him over, the patient goes rolling down a hill and crashes into a tree. There's pieces of broken plaster everywhere, but no body! Jerry declares, "I lost a patient!" The movie concludes with one of the craziest chase scenes in movie history, as a wheeled stretcher with an injured man on it rolls out of the back of an ambulance and continues to roll down hills, while first one, then two ambulances chase him. This movie features more LPMs (laughs per minute) than most modern comedies, and is one of Jerry's funniest films.

3.0 out of 5 stars Calling Dr. Jerry Funnybone, stat!, July 2 2003
Edmond Gauthier (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
This is a hilarious nuthouse romp (although) Jerry makes everywhere a nuthouse.
The only real mistake happens at the tail end of the flick, when a wild chase ensues, ending with Jerry's boss rolling on a stretcher down the street, along a pier and into the ocean.
But right before that happens, two ambulances collide on either side of Jerry - one with Jerry's girlfriend in it and the other... shows no driver!
In fact, right before the crash, the movie's director Frank Tashlin even goes to all the trouble of showing us in a closeup that the ambulance's cab is empty, except that someone is still somehow turning the steering wheel.
What's up with THAT?!

1.0 out of 5 stars A One Laugh Comedy!, March 20 2003
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
I remember watching Jerry Lewis in a movie when I was a kid and liking it, I think it was called Cinderfella but I watched The Disorderly Orderly recently and since I love slapstick humor I thought I would love this movie but really it wasn't all that funny and when Jerry Lewis would use that loud voice for his character that gave the head nurse headaches it just kind of got on my nerves too.
I laughed once during this movie and that was when he was outside and the psychiatric patient tied him up in the straight jacket and he very slowly was trying to make his way back to the inside of the hospital and a snail passed him moving faster then he was.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, July 9 2002
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
I loved this when I was a kid and I'm glad to say I still do now at 42! This is one of Jerry Lewis's finest with some really clever visual gags and an inspired use of sound(look out for the apple scene.)Kathleen Freeman is also great as the long suffering head nurse.The whole cast is excellent really and Everett Sloane is on fine form as the very un-pc director of the hospital.
A great film and very nearly up there with Lewis's(not Eddie Murphy's!) The Nutty Professor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comedy, March 31 2002
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
This movie starts out kind of stupid, but about fifteen minutes into it you will be laughing on the floor. It as a great movie that the whole family can enjoy and will have you wanting to see other JL movies too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Disorderly Orderly, April 25 2014
John - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly [Import] (DVD)
I chose this rating because I love watching a Jerry Lewis movie. When I was young I would watch Jerry Lewis movies and I would laugh through the movie. The price was right and Jerry Lewis is a great actor. The story was good and funny, I was in suspense because I had not seen this movie in year and was wondering what funny thing would happen. Yes I say buy this movie if you are in to Jerry Lewis movies Comedy. Jerry has some issue when he hears of someones illness or of broken bones what ever the patent is felling Jerry feels and he cannot be a doctor until he gets over this problem he has. I recommend this movie and hope that amazon can come up with with more movies with Jerry Lewis. I have been looking for a Jerry Lewis movie with Dean Martin, Jerry has climbed up on the light fixture and Jerry is throwing light bulbs at Dean Martin and the bulbs would hit Dean Martin in the head and explode
on Deans head it was so funny but I don't remember the name of this movie, my point is you can't go wrong with a Jerry Lewis Movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis' Best Solo Performance, Oct. 21 1999
sherebiah (Santa Ana, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
This is the only Jerry Lewis solo-performance video I went out to buy. It stands way above the unfortunate efforts that followed.

5.0 out of 5 stars lewis is great, March 17 1999
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
my whole family loves Lewis it isn"t very often that my family can watch a wholesome movie and actually laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll need pain relief from laughing so much., Oct. 13 1999
Troy (California, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disorderly Orderly, the (VHS Tape)
Funny, funny, funny. Great family movie. Too bad they don't make them like this anylonger.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars out of 5, Jan. 25 2010
david glincman (toronto, ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Disorderly Orderly (DVD)
lf you are a fan of jerry lewis , you would appreciate the talent

The Disorderly Orderly
The Disorderly Orderly by Frank Tashlin (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 36.89