5.0 out of 5 stars Purest portrayal of Ayn Rand and her philosophy
I just finished looking at "Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life" and I must say I am so happy to have found this DVD. It is an insightful portrayal of Ayn. The interviews with Ayn and her discussing her philosophy of objectivism, are priceless. What a wonderful way to learn about her. Also the story has so many scenes of old New York that are so exciting. All I can say...
Published on Nov. 3 2003 by Diane Offutt

3.0 out of 5 stars Rand's belief that America should win out over Russia
The three stars that I gave this DVD, a gift from a special friend, an ardent student of Miss Rand and Objectivism, does not mean that I did not enjoy this documentary tremendously. I am not the most ardent fan of Miss Rand although I greatly admire the one book of hers that I read, "The Fountainhead," for its astounding literary merits. I have started reading...
Published on April 1 2001 by Kawaiineko

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exceptional View of Ayn's Life, Oct. 14 2002
Watching this exhaustive documentary (2:23) was a real eye opener for me. While I am conversant with her works, I was quite ignorant of the details of her life. The documentary follows Ayn from her oppressed Russian beginnings to (believe it or not) the pasteboard sets of 30s Hollywood to the intellectual circles of New York. The contrast are amazing and one can't but conclude that Any Rand lived a very fortunate life.
The commentaries are not very insightful - but only due to the exceptionally detailed information narrated by Sharon Gless. Strangely enough, one of the more dramatic events of her career; her affair with Nathaniel Branden, is glossed of in less than 15 seconds. So I recommend seeing "The Passion of Ayn Rand" for more on that story. A word to the wise: if you buy both this DVD and "The Passion of Ayn Rand", I suggest watching this one first. It will give you a more complete understanding of her background.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life [Import]
Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life [Import] by Michael Paxton (DVD - 2004)
CDN$ 37.55 CDN$ 37.38