5.0 out of 5 stars Fire In The Sky
I had been searching for this DVD for a long time but finally gave up. When I found it I was thrilled! Thank you for the quick delivery and this great DVD for my collection..
Published 6 days ago by Kammy Shaw

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
This movie deals with a man form the country being abducted. The aliens through him on a table, strip him down to his briefs, and perform medicla experiments on him. It is a very creepy movie, but the effects are a little cheap. Try it.
Published on May 20 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire In The Sky, April 12 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD in very good condition, Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (DVD)
The DVD is in very good condition and the movie is quite appropriate at a time when scientist just announce that there could be billions of planets like earth in our own galaxi.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking movie., Jan. 2 2013
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (DVD)
This was a well done movie that really made you wonder about life 'out there.' It was very freaky to watch and you wonder about how much of it is really true. 'Based on true events' always makes you wonder what is true and what is fabricated.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ALIEN ABDUCTION MOVIE EVER!, June 24 2004
Adam Johnson (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (VHS Tape)
BEST ALIEN ABDUCTION MOVIE EVER!, thats all that needs to be said!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire In the sky, Oct. 21 2011
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (VHS Tape)
I ordered Fire In The Sky because I had this video before ,but it had disappeared ,I loved and enjoyed the movie very much because it was based on a true story about Travis Walton a young man who had been abducted by a UFO ,and what this guy went through wasn't easy ,It makes one think what if it would have been me they picked up that day ,
I am very pleased with the video it arrived in very good condition and played like a new video ,thank you amazon you have me hooked I have ordered a few more and will be ordering from you again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I got it !, July 5 2011
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (Bilingual) (DVD)
I was very pleased to receive the DVD I ordered even with the postal strike we had in Canada. No scratches on the DVD. Someone has wanted to own this video for a long time and I didn't tell them I was ordering it. They will be very happy. Thank you again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 15 2004
Adam Johnson (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (VHS Tape)
I have seen the movie so many times. I find my self renting it every year, or at least seeing it some how, this year I have seen it 3 times already. When I talk about aliens, and UFO's with people this movie always comes into the equation. I'm a major in Film in college, and this is my number 1 in the alien abduction categorey. Dont worry folks you should be seeind more then a few great alien movies comming out in theaters with me alive! so get ready, I'm starting my second as we speak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it six stars, Jan. 1 2004
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (VHS Tape)
Man do I love this movie, I seen it coutless times and it still graps my attention. Based on a true story about a man who was abducted by aliens. You see him before he was abducted, his family and friends and how he was treated by the aliens in the SKY. This movie is so scary because its TRUE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the book... but its all fiction folks., Oct. 22 2003
OverTheMoon (overthemoonreview@hotmail.com) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (VHS Tape)
I loved this film. It was very well done and should be on DVD.
In its day, this movie about an alien abduction experience, was something of a shocker. In a nutshell, a group of young men working as lumberjacks drive home one evening only to be stopped in their tracks by a glowing object in the sky. They get out of their vehicle, Travis Walton gets beamed up, the rest flee. Back in the town, and without Travis, they have to explain his disappearance. People start suspecting that one of them killed Travis and so a missing persons/possible homicide investigation gets underway. The men are given a polygraph test - they pass, and so they seem to be telling the truth about Travis and the UFO.
Then Travis turns up five days later and doesn't look the best. He tells a story about an alien abduction and he becomes a national celebrity.
All in all a 4 star movie and it is quite interesting, but it has two major problems.
(1)The movie has totally twisted the original story which can be found in the book by the same name.
(2)The book and Travis Waltons story have been completely bedunked. Its all a big hoax.
Learn more about the hoax in my review of the book.
Great flick though and worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep watching this "Sky"!!!, Sept. 24 2003
cousinpaco (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fire in the Sky (VHS Tape)
As amateur pyrotechnicians, my friend and I were intrigued by the title "Fire in the Sky." We eagerly watched the movie to see how the filmmakers accomplished this difficult special effect.
Lo and behold, it was actually a movie about alien abduction--and it's based on a (supposedly) true story! Riding the leading edge of the "extraterrestrial" wave of the mid-1990s, "FITS" dramatizes the story of logger Travis Walton, who claims to have been abducted by aliens in rural mountain country. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
*SPOILER ALERT*
Now, most movies of this sort tend to dance around the aliens' purpose--which makes sense, since nobody actually KNOWS the aliens' purpose. What sets "FITS" apart is its flat-out depiction of what the visitors are after: they eat people. Travis is cocooned in a honeycomb (not the cereal) style cell, but wakes up and frees himself. He discovers the half-consumed corpse of a fellow abductee, and freaks out. He is then re-captured by the aliens and probed. That seems like an odd progression of events, but hey--they're aliens.
Of course, Travis escaped this ordeal so he could tell the story--which means we get to see some of the fallout when he tries to re-acclimate himself to non-probing, human society (I'd imagine his next trip to the proctologist would ignite an intergalatic version of a Vietnam flashback). As one would imagine, the trauma played havoc with his personal and professional lives; nobody wants to hire a logger with a history of alien-abduction. Interestingly, the film stops short of showing how Travis' life was improved by selling the major-motion-picture rights to his story.
D.B. Sweeney ("the Maestro"), Robert Patrick, and James Garner all contribute salt-of-the-Earth performances, and what special effects there are do a decent job of making the movie kind of spooky. I'm on the fence about whether or not Earth, and in particular any low-population-density area, has ever been visited by otherworldly beings...but I can't deny that it's fun to watch movies about 'em.
I just hope the aliens don't read THIS!
- cousinpaco

ARRAY(0xad20366c)

Fire in the Sky
Fire in the Sky by Robert Lieberman (DVD)
CDN$ 10.99