5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Jucier... I would definitely recommend it
I ended up reading about 50 reviews before I decided to make this purchase myself. To sum it up, its every bit as good as the 5 star reviews say. If you can dedicate about 15min a day to the routine, the health pay backs will no doubt be worth it. I say 15 because there is usally some food prep time (5min) and the rest to clean up (10min).

Pros: Looks great,...
Published on April 23 2012 by Dan The Man

3.0 out of 5 stars unwanted spray
This machine works wonderfully overall, however,It was difficult to control the spray leaking from the corner where the machine and the collector bin meet. As the juice is extracted it sprays out at that spot.
Published on Oct. 28 2011 by juiced&luvinit

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Jucier... I would definitely recommend it, April 23 2012
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)

Pros: Looks great, super powerful motor, quiter than I had expected (many reviews stated it was really loud - clearly subjective), juice yield, ease of cleaning

Cons: There arent any. It was every bit as good as the reviews told me.

Tip: Using a plastic produce bag/shopping bag in the pulp collection container eliminates one piece to clean when you are all done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Napoleon of Juicers, Feb. 18 2011
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
This is an amazing piece of machinery! I LOVE IT! Words cannot describe how my life has changed because of this juicer. I wash the veggies, juice, and clean the juicer in under 15 minutes...and that is 1 and 1/2 liter of juice that I am talking about.

I used to own the twin gear Green Life machine, the turtle slow juicer for seniors or people who have nothing else to do in a day. Yes, the pulp is slightly drier in the twin gear machine, but the time factor is more important to me.
I also owned a single auger juicer, the Omega 8000, that one was even worse, slow, and wet pulp.

I would highly recommend the Breville for those who like tasty, healthy juice on a daily, twice daily basis. Storing juice is not recommended, even when made with the magnetic twin gears. The taste alone tells me the juice is not as good as made fresh.

Cleaning the Breville is surprisingly fast and easy without sharp corners and dangerous blades. I can clean this machine in under 5 minutes. It took 15 minutes and sometimes much more to clean the twin gear machine, and the Green Life machine was always hurting my fingers with its sharp edges in the plastic housing. And believe it or not, I also owned the Super Angel juicer, just for about 6 months. The cleaning alone took half an hour. Very poorly designed machine. Whoever designed it never juiced daily. And it is super expensive.
And I did own the Norwalk juicer for a year or so. That was a pretty and heavy duty machine. I loved the looks, but juicing was a chore and a messy one that is.
The bags got moldy, smelly very fast. Too much additional steps to get the juice out.

And when you compare prices, the Breville is much much sweeter in savings.

I will be buying this juicer for each of my kids, later this year. Forget about those expensive kitchen decorations (called plastic juicers).

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well built machine that works quickly and cleans up easily., Aug. 4 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
I bought this machine when my Omega 8600 masticating juicer broke (the plastic housing for the augur broke apart at the bushing that holds the augur spindle in place). Warranties are fine when you can get hold of the manufacturer. I have been unable to get Omega Juicer's website to work. I keep getting a message that says there was an "error in processing your request". I will be updating my otherwise positive review of the Omega 8600 to strongly negative. I have had the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL for a couple of months and used it every day with no problems.

Cons
Compared to the Omega 8600, it doesn't extract as much juice from leafy greens, it's noisier and the filter is a little harder to clean.
But, it extracts more juice than some other centrifugal juicers I have owned. It isn't that noisy. On the lower speed setting which is for softer produce, (melons tomatoes, plums, etc) my daughter in law, who has a Magic Bullet said, "It's so quiet!". It's certainly quieter than my VitaMix - even on the higher speed setting. As for the filter cleaning - add maybe one - two minutes.

The pulp container hooks under the pulp ejection cover so the left side of the container goes around the left edge of the cover and the right side goes under to cover, where the transition from around to under occurs the machine occasionally spits juice spatters out that require clean up and can get on clothes and walls. Using a plastic produce bag in the pulp container and pulling the bag ends up and over the cover is an easy fix this but it is a design flaw.

If you don't use the pusher in the input food chute or keep your hand over the mouth small fruit or cut up pieces can be ejected out of the mouth. You would only do this once - but learn from my mistake. On the other hand, trying to catch flying grapes as they bounce out of the chute while you reach for the pusher can be amusing for spectators.

Pros
Again compared to the Omega 8600, it is a lot quicker, it requires significantly less prep and it works and it is still working. It deals much more effectively with really soft fruit like tomatoes, melons etc. The Omega turns these fruits into mush that just circulates in the augur chamber. The pulp container is significantly bigger than the Omega 8600. If I can get the Omega 8600 fixed I will but if not I won't miss it.

Overall with the relatively minor cons that are either trivial or easy to address this is a product I don't regret buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded my previous Breville to a better higher end Breville., Sept. 1 2013
S and J Johnson "Sam" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
I am a daily veg and fruit juicer. I follow Joe Cross's Fat Sick and Nearly Dead reboot lifestyle and am doing very well. Lost 35 lbs in 40 days and am now on my second reboot to lose the rest. My first juicer was a Jack Lalanne and it couldn't hold up to the 5 times a day juicing I was putting it through.I returned it. My first Breville juicer the JE98XL I bought at Home Outfitters for approx $200 , and it served me well for a few months, but the blade got dull fast, and the claim that whole apples etc could be put through only applied to the first couple months of use. After that the machine started jumping around the counter and making a racket. I tried setting it on a tea towel and holding it down which worked here and there for awhile, but the issues became annoying. The cheaper juicer also leaked and spit out green juice all around my kitchen counter quite frequently. Chopping the veg and fruit small first became the norm.

I purchased the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL here at Amazon to avoid these frustrating problems. I reasoned that putting out over $300 for a better Breville is something that was well deserved.

My first impression of the new juicer was that it looks like a tank. The bowl is stainless steel rather than plastic which I love, as the plastic parts become vegetable stained and cloudy after a few months no matter how well they are cleaned after each use, and I have tried everything to clean them up, soaking in vinegar, scrubbing, lyme cleaner. Nothing has worked. I would have passed the old one on to a family member who wants to start juicing as a semi decent starter juicer but it looks like crap all stained the way it is.

I like the off button, the two speeds and the ease of use. There are still plastic parts, but more stainless steel makes clean up much easier. This juicer stands up to the whole fruits and veg tasks much better so far. I imagine that the blade disc will have to be replaced frequently as it loses it sharpness.

There are two issues with this juicer that I am not thrilled with. There are a couple of nooks and crannies in the lid of this new juicer which trap pulp and can cram it in there. I have several times had to get a sharp knife into those crannies to loosen pulp to clean the top effectively. It depends on what you are juicing. Some times it will simply rinse away, but with green leafy produce, it seems to stick in there.

I also find that this juicer spits juice out the sides of the lid by the pulp bin. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough that I now cover the lid with a tea towel every time I juice. My kitchen was being green splattered almost daily. I experimented with the tightness of the lid to ensure a snug fit, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It just suddenly splashes juice out of the sides.

If it were not for those two issues, I would have rated this juicer a 5. For the most part, I am quite happy with my new Breville juicer.

Tips:

1) Yes the 800JEXL will take whole apples, lemons, and such without issue, but I suspect that over time, like my previous Breville, it will dull the blades. I cut some of the bigger produce before juicing in hopes that I will get a little more mileage from this one than the last. I don't have a problem with replacing the blade disc once a year, but more than that and I feel it is cheaply made and a ploy to sell parts.

2) Do not force the plunger down hard or attempt to juice faster. The plunger should be pushed down slowly to allow the veg and fruit to extract the maximum amount of juice possible. Forcing the plunger down hard wears down the blade and the motor. I have great success with a slower process.

3) When using the cleaning brush to clean the pulp from the mesh, be careful to not push too hard. I damaged the mesh on my previous Breville by pressing too hard when scrubbing. Very little pressure is needed to clean it with the brush and running water.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome, Sept. 5 2013
WesternWilson (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
I was motivated to buy this juicer after watching the Joe Cross movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on Youtube. The very positive reviews on this juicer sealed the deal, and I was pleased by its affordability. It juices everything very quickly, generates a quite dry pulp (I do not feel I am wasting juice by using a centrifugal juicer), has a good, wide feed chute (so that you don't have to chop everything in little bits), and cleans in a jiffy (in less than two minutes everything is rinsed, the screen quickly scrubbed, and all is in the dishwasher). Tip: make all the juice you need for a day at one time so you don't have to clean every time you want a juice. I would have given the unit 5 stars IF the juice receptacle were larger. When I do a big batch, one that fills the pulp container with pulp, I have to empty the juice receptacle into a larger jug once or twice in the course of the juice. It is a great machine, and I would happily buy another.
Dec 2013 Update: Juicer is still going strong, used daily at least. Friends were enthused and decided to go for a higher end juicer that is supposed to be better at getting all the juice out of the produce...big mistake!!! Their juicer has a very small feed chute, forcing them to hand chop all the veg/fruits into small pieces. It takes an age to feed and juice it all. Likely I can, from pulling the knife out of the drawer to the finished pour, get my full 1.5-2 litres/quarts of juice done in under 10 minutes. It would take them 30+ minutes. As a consequence they are not juicing as much as they would like, it is too much work with their juicer.
January 2014 update: I still LOVE this juicer and it is going strong. I am perfectly satisfied with this unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars unwanted spray, Oct. 28 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Juicer, Jan. 22 2011
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
My husband was on a 30 day juice diet. He used this juicer everyday, 6 times a day for the 30 days. It still works amazing after all that use. It is easy to clean as well which is perfect. It also has a nice sleek design so it looks decent on your kitchen counter.
I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a good juice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, March 27 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
Excellent product. Did some research on the internet and decided on this model. Price and value make this a great deal in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, April 21 2013
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
I love it, i am juicing about 4 to 5 times a week now with this breville. It juices everything you could throw at it like a champ. Cleanup time is not bad, its about 5 minutes.

Machine is a loud

The feed chute is quite large most items can fit without even cutting, some larger items may need to be cut in half or quarters. Produces a lot of juice from fruits and veggies.

Pulp is on the moist side,

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Juicer, March 4 2010
This review is from: Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL (Kitchen)
I would highly recommend this juicer. I had another juicer in the past, plastic parts, had to peel and dice everything and the clean up was brutal. This juicer is the king of all juicers. Fast, east cleanup and I haven't come across anything it won't juice. I use it everyday and my kids love the juices. The motor is so powerful and except for the lid and the pitcher..everything is stainless steel, even the filter!!! You can hand rinse or put it the dishwasher. Excellent product that lives up to all of it's promises.

Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL