on July 25, 2016
I absolutely love this juicer. I have had it a couple of weeks now and it works great. It is very easy to assemble/disassemble and it is very easy to clean. They provide a little brush to clean out the fine mesh filter and this works great and takes very little time. It says you can put it in the dishwasher, but I never would. It cleans so quick under tap water that I personally see no need to risk clouding the plastic. The juicer is very well made and sturdy. The parts are stainless steel. I think this is well worth the upgrade over the less expensive model that is made with plastic parts. The juice made from this is great. It handles hard and medium items really well. Softer items like spinach are a bit of a challenge. You need to roll up leaves tight and sandwich them between harder items to get the best result. The juice tastes fantastic. It doesn't heat the juice up so you get all of the nutritional benefit of cold extraction. It does take up a fair bit of counter space and you need lots of overhead clearance to move the food plunger in and out of the chute. But, the juicer is functionally attractive and is not an eyesore. I have had no problem with leaks or clogs. I am glad I chose this model.
on May 12, 2016
If you want to start juicing. You want a Breville. This is the second machine I've bought. The first one was a base line juice fountain. My Ex has it and I'm pretty sure it's still going strong after 5 years. This elite model is super cool easy to use and easy to clean. My energy level is back up since I bought this machine. Juice for dinner twice a week. Highly recommend.
on April 23, 2012
I ended up reading about 50 reviews before I decided to make this purchase myself. To sum it up, its every bit as good as the 5 star reviews say. If you can dedicate about 15min a day to the routine, the health pay backs will no doubt be worth it. I say 15 because there is usally some food prep time (5min) and the rest to clean up (10min).

Pros: Looks great, super powerful motor, quiter than I had expected (many reviews stated it was really loud - clearly subjective), juice yield, ease of cleaning

Cons: There arent any. It was every bit as good as the reviews told me.

Tip: Using a plastic produce bag/shopping bag in the pulp collection container eliminates one piece to clean when you are all done.
on February 18, 2011
This is an amazing piece of machinery! I LOVE IT! Words cannot describe how my life has changed because of this juicer. I wash the veggies, juice, and clean the juicer in under 15 minutes...and that is 1 and 1/2 liter of juice that I am talking about.

I used to own the twin gear Green Life machine, the turtle slow juicer for seniors or people who have nothing else to do in a day. Yes, the pulp is slightly drier in the twin gear machine, but the time factor is more important to me.
I also owned a single auger juicer, the Omega 8000, that one was even worse, slow, and wet pulp.

I would highly recommend the Breville for those who like tasty, healthy juice on a daily, twice daily basis. Storing juice is not recommended, even when made with the magnetic twin gears. The taste alone tells me the juice is not as good as made fresh.

Cleaning the Breville is surprisingly fast and easy without sharp corners and dangerous blades. I can clean this machine in under 5 minutes. It took 15 minutes and sometimes much more to clean the twin gear machine, and the Green Life machine was always hurting my fingers with its sharp edges in the plastic housing. And believe it or not, I also owned the Super Angel juicer, just for about 6 months. The cleaning alone took half an hour. Very poorly designed machine. Whoever designed it never juiced daily. And it is super expensive.
And I did own the Norwalk juicer for a year or so. That was a pretty and heavy duty machine. I loved the looks, but juicing was a chore and a messy one that is.
The bags got moldy, smelly very fast. Too much additional steps to get the juice out.

And when you compare prices, the Breville is much much sweeter in savings.

I will be buying this juicer for each of my kids, later this year. Forget about those expensive kitchen decorations (called plastic juicers).
on September 5, 2013
I was motivated to buy this juicer after watching the Joe Cross movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" on Youtube. The very positive reviews on this juicer sealed the deal, and I was pleased by its affordability. It juices everything very quickly, generates a quite dry pulp (I do not feel I am wasting juice by using a centrifugal juicer), has a good, wide feed chute (so that you don't have to chop everything in little bits), and cleans in a jiffy (in less than two minutes everything is rinsed, the screen quickly scrubbed, and all is in the dishwasher). Tip: make all the juice you need for a day at one time so you don't have to clean every time you want a juice. I would have given the unit 5 stars IF the juice receptacle were larger. When I do a big batch, one that fills the pulp container with pulp, I have to empty the juice receptacle into a larger jug once or twice in the course of the juice. It is a great machine, and I would happily buy another.
Dec 2013 Update: Juicer is still going strong, used daily at least. Friends were enthused and decided to go for a higher end juicer that is supposed to be better at getting all the juice out of the produce...big mistake!!! Their juicer has a very small feed chute, forcing them to hand chop all the veg/fruits into small pieces. It takes an age to feed and juice it all. Likely I can, from pulling the knife out of the drawer to the finished pour, get my full 1.5-2 litres/quarts of juice done in under 10 minutes. It would take them 30+ minutes. As a consequence they are not juicing as much as they would like, it is too much work with their juicer.
January 2014 update: I still LOVE this juicer and it is going strong. I am perfectly satisfied with this unit.
on September 1, 2013
I am a daily veg and fruit juicer. I follow Joe Cross's Fat Sick and Nearly Dead reboot lifestyle and am doing very well. Lost 35 lbs in 40 days and am now on my second reboot to lose the rest. My first juicer was a Jack Lalanne and it couldn't hold up to the 5 times a day juicing I was putting it through.I returned it. My first Breville juicer the JE98XL I bought at Home Outfitters for approx $200 , and it served me well for a few months, but the blade got dull fast, and the claim that whole apples etc could be put through only applied to the first couple months of use. After that the machine started jumping around the counter and making a racket. I tried setting it on a tea towel and holding it down which worked here and there for awhile, but the issues became annoying. The cheaper juicer also leaked and spit out green juice all around my kitchen counter quite frequently. Chopping the veg and fruit small first became the norm.

I purchased the Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL here at Amazon to avoid these frustrating problems. I reasoned that putting out over $300 for a better Breville is something that was well deserved.

My first impression of the new juicer was that it looks like a tank. The bowl is stainless steel rather than plastic which I love, as the plastic parts become vegetable stained and cloudy after a few months no matter how well they are cleaned after each use, and I have tried everything to clean them up, soaking in vinegar, scrubbing, lyme cleaner. Nothing has worked. I would have passed the old one on to a family member who wants to start juicing as a semi decent starter juicer but it looks like crap all stained the way it is.

I like the off button, the two speeds and the ease of use. There are still plastic parts, but more stainless steel makes clean up much easier. This juicer stands up to the whole fruits and veg tasks much better so far. I imagine that the blade disc will have to be replaced frequently as it loses it sharpness.

There are two issues with this juicer that I am not thrilled with. There are a couple of nooks and crannies in the lid of this new juicer which trap pulp and can cram it in there. I have several times had to get a sharp knife into those crannies to loosen pulp to clean the top effectively. It depends on what you are juicing. Some times it will simply rinse away, but with green leafy produce, it seems to stick in there.

I also find that this juicer spits juice out the sides of the lid by the pulp bin. This doesn't happen all the time, but enough that I now cover the lid with a tea towel every time I juice. My kitchen was being green splattered almost daily. I experimented with the tightness of the lid to ensure a snug fit, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It just suddenly splashes juice out of the sides.

If it were not for those two issues, I would have rated this juicer a 5. For the most part, I am quite happy with my new Breville juicer.

Tips:

1) Yes the 800JEXL will take whole apples, lemons, and such without issue, but I suspect that over time, like my previous Breville, it will dull the blades. I cut some of the bigger produce before juicing in hopes that I will get a little more mileage from this one than the last. I don't have a problem with replacing the blade disc once a year, but more than that and I feel it is cheaply made and a ploy to sell parts.

2) Do not force the plunger down hard or attempt to juice faster. The plunger should be pushed down slowly to allow the veg and fruit to extract the maximum amount of juice possible. Forcing the plunger down hard wears down the blade and the motor. I have great success with a slower process.

3) When using the cleaning brush to clean the pulp from the mesh, be careful to not push too hard. I damaged the mesh on my previous Breville by pressing too hard when scrubbing. Very little pressure is needed to clean it with the brush and running water.
on October 28, 2011
This machine works wonderfully overall, however,It was difficult to control the spray leaking from the corner where the machine and the collector bin meet. As the juice is extracted it sprays out at that spot.
on May 6, 2015
I used this juicer for about 3 weeks before returning it. Juicer is good at juicing hard fruits and vegetables (think apples and carrots) but not so great at juicing leafy greens (think kale and spinach). I guess it is definitely true what they say about centrifugal juicers being bad at doing leafy greens! The juicer is easy to take apart and put together, and easy to clean. The juicer looks good, but also takes up quite a lot of counter space and it is heavy. The brush provided is good at cleaning the filter thoroughly.

Now for the negative... I ended up returning the juicer because on a low speed, the pulp from leafy greens would get stuck on the filter and render it off balance.. The shredding disc would cause the whole juicer to become VERY loud, rattle around and vibrate, which was quite scary! I would turn it off, then have to take the top off of the juicer, brush the kale fibers off the disc, put the top back on, and then it would work again. This is very annoying to do. Yes, they say to alternate between leafy greens and harder fruits/veggies would help, but the last thing I want to do with a juicer that is rumbling all over my countertop is to stick something else into it. On high speed the fibers didn't tend to get stuck as often, but I also barely got any juice out of greens on high speed. I did not feel that this juicer was worth the price, for my purposes.

Overall, the juicer is great with most fruits and veggies, but not good with greens.
I have tis juicer for too many years, I lost count. I can't say I used it everyday, even every week. Still this is as good as it gets for a centrifuge type juicers. As some people say it's the top, cadillac, whatever great thing. I only need to wash the apples, through them in one after another at the lower speed and in a couple of minutes I have the juice. Sometimes I add other fruits and veggies, especially carrots. I never do super soft fruits with the juicer. Once in a while I add some berries, but for soft fruits I just use a blender. I also do the citrus fruits with a dedicated juicer. For this one you have to peel the oranges, lemons...
I also like the pitcher that comes with the juicer. It not only prevents spilling, but also keeps the foam inside when pouring the juice into glasses.
I never press hard on the fruits. I use a bag to cover the pulp bowl for a slightly easier clean up.
So this a super great machine. I have never changed anything. It still uses the same screen with knifes.
It is easy to clean if you clean it right away. There is nothing new I can say as there are many great reviews. But I can really speak of its durability, as I use this for more than 5 years and I've never had a problem.
on March 9, 2016
Initially I was happy with this but then it started to leak (very messy) and I think the juice extraction also diminished because the pulp was very wet. I tried putting papers under the waste bin to tighten the seal and juiced on low as they recommended but this didn't really help. Will be looking to exercise my warranty given the refund period has elapsed. Trying to juice pulp seemed a waste of time because nothing meaningful came out of the second spin through the machine.