5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I've had this machine for over a month now and I love it. It is beautiful to look at on my counter top and it makes fantastic drinks.
I just wish I could drink more espresso and lattes in one day. I look forward to mornings to have a cup!!!

My machine came with porcelain cups rather than the stainless steel ones and I love them even more. It was a pleasant...
Published on Nov. 20 2010 by Gracie

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good espresso, pretty awful steam feature
I was really excited about this machine after reading all the positive reviews, but sadly I have to report that I am definitely not satisfied at all with this product.

Reviewers are right that it does make some pretty good espresso, but as a frequent latte drinker, the steaming feature is equally important to me and that is definitely sub-standard. I have tried...
Published 18 months ago by greenbean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Machine on a budget, Feb. 25 2013
Dave (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
I purchased this espresso machine and within two months it had already justified it's cost with savings over going out to buy coffee. Initially I was very happy with the little Breville, but after about a year the machine had lost a lot of power (particularly the steam wand). It could also be difficult at times to pull a consistent shot.

As a result I've retired the machine and bought something more powerful with a little more manual control. I feel that despite the machine not performing well in the long term, that it's still good value for money. Perhaps more regular descaling maintenance on my part would have helped, I only descaled the machine bi-monthly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping, April 8 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Regular shipping in 3 business days! Didn't need to go to shopping store, and I paid my Breville Café Roma at the lowest price. Very satisfied! This Expresso Machine is the best value (Quality vs Price) according to magazine "Protégez-vous". And the best "Allongé" ever!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, Feb. 27 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Very good coffee, not too hot just like You will drink !
I love this machine good quality.
You don't have to hesitate you have to buy it !!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Facilité et rapidité, Jan. 26 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Il s'agit d'un excellent rapport qualité-prix. Belle qualité de fabrication. Elle reste simple et efficace à condition de vouloir passer quelques minutes à faire un bon café.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine., July 13 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After over 20,000 shots of espresso(based on 6 double shots every day for over 5 years) my 5 year old Cafe Roma machine died. I looked at the other models but decided to go with another of the same. Why mess with a good thing. The only trick is to steam the milk before making the espresso (better crema). I figure this machine saved me over $5,000.00 + over the 5 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars too much downtime, April 1 2011
Sandy Leach (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After one year to the day, steamer not working, repaired under warranty, no cost.

One week after repair (not sure what?), water leaking over filter, $100 to repair water problem. (replace pump)

First use after that, worked for 3 minutes, brewed, no steam.

Taking back AGAIN, very frustrated.

Always cleaned after each use and decalcified regularly during first year. Hasn't worked after 1st year!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Make a Good Machine Better, Jan. 17 2014
~~~
The genius of this machine is the drip tray. So many holes.

With three or four 1 inch stainless steel 10-32 round head machine screws, 2 nuts and 2 washers each, you can find three or four holes that will allow you fasten them in such a way that your favourite cup or pitcher that you use to draw coffee will sit centred under the espresso head's outlets and you will never have to centre the cup again, nor will it vibrate out of place. It drops into place.

Choose the holes and adjust the heights to make it work, so the heads of the screws just touch the sides of the cup or pitcher, and tighten them up.

Hardware is at Canadian Tire or Home Depot type store in the bulk bins of the hardware department. Less than $5 for the pricey s/s hardware.

10-24 size also works. Stainless steel only.

~~~

I may add a picture to show how it worked for me.

The steam wand output is the weak spot for me, but I generally microwave my milk first for a specific 1:11 and then froth it so it gets less water added.

~~~

Bonus amelioration: There is a hollow area under the black plastic of the handle that funnels the espresso down.

That area gathers water and dishwater.

I used a good quality silicone to fill the void, reinserted the plastic and the screw, squeezed out the excess silicone, and let it cure for a couple of days. Installing it on the machine to warm it will speed up the silicone curing which will be quite lengthy.

Use masking tape to protect areas from silicone, and to cover the small plastic outlet holes as you push it into the holder.

Clean it up before the silicone sets. This can be messy.

Cured silicone is generally non-toxic. Use advisedly.

I also re-glued the handle's cap, and filled where the metal connects to the handle, to avoid liquid ever getting into the very hollow handle.

Use the same high quality silicone. Black or grey recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine. It does what it supposed to do for its price, Nov. 12 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
It does take a while to warm up to get espresso hot enough.
Easy maintenance .
I had my first one for 4years of almost daily use, I bought a second one just to make sure calcium build up inside the old coils was not happening. I did not follow the cleaning instructions.
For its price range its equal to a $400 ranchero brand i owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, Aug. 25 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Very happy with this product after a month of use. Excellent all around. Strongly recommend for great quality espresso and cappuccino. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing machine!, June 5 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Couldn't have asked for a better first espresso machine. Heats the cups, brews a great cup of copy with a nice froth on the top, and makes delicious lattes! The steam wand is a little loud but that's because of the pressure. It does taste a little different for the first few cups because it is a brand new machine but by the 3rd cup, it is such a great (small) cup of coffee! I would highly recommend it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›