4.0 out of 5 stars I know how to make coffee
So I bought this as a gift for my partner. He was a barista when he was younger and I have been a barista for the last 3 years, we both know a good coffee. I have used both a manual and an automatic machine.

Setup: Simple
It comes with everything in the picture, as well as a pod, single and double shot. It also comes with a scoop, tamper, steam cup, and...
Published 14 months ago by mistdust

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good espresso, pretty awful steam feature
I was really excited about this machine after reading all the positive reviews, but sadly I have to report that I am definitely not satisfied at all with this product.

Reviewers are right that it does make some pretty good espresso, but as a frequent latte drinker, the steaming feature is equally important to me and that is definitely sub-standard. I have tried...
Published 22 months ago by greenbean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 415 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, March 2 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
This is the perfect machine for beginners. Simple, easy to use and its compact size doesn't take over all the counter space you have in your kitchen. I was really surprised with how quickly the machine heats up. As I finesses my espresso making skills I will likely look for a machine that has the capability to heat and froth the milk a little faster. At this point in time, this little machine is perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Machine on a budget, Feb. 25 2013
Dave (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
I purchased this espresso machine and within two months it had already justified it's cost with savings over going out to buy coffee. Initially I was very happy with the little Breville, but after about a year the machine had lost a lot of power (particularly the steam wand). It could also be difficult at times to pull a consistent shot.

As a result I've retired the machine and bought something more powerful with a little more manual control. I feel that despite the machine not performing well in the long term, that it's still good value for money. Perhaps more regular descaling maintenance on my part would have helped, I only descaled the machine bi-monthly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping, April 8 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Regular shipping in 3 business days! Didn't need to go to shopping store, and I paid my Breville Café Roma at the lowest price. Very satisfied! This Expresso Machine is the best value (Quality vs Price) according to magazine "Protégez-vous". And the best "Allongé" ever!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, Feb. 27 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Very good coffee, not too hot just like You will drink !
I love this machine good quality.
You don't have to hesitate you have to buy it !!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Facilité et rapidité, Jan. 26 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Il s'agit d'un excellent rapport qualité-prix. Belle qualité de fabrication. Elle reste simple et efficace à condition de vouloir passer quelques minutes à faire un bon café.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine., July 13 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After over 20,000 shots of espresso(based on 6 double shots every day for over 5 years) my 5 year old Cafe Roma machine died. I looked at the other models but decided to go with another of the same. Why mess with a good thing. The only trick is to steam the milk before making the espresso (better crema). I figure this machine saved me over $5,000.00 + over the 5 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars too much downtime, April 1 2011
Sandy Leach (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After one year to the day, steamer not working, repaired under warranty, no cost.

One week after repair (not sure what?), water leaking over filter, $100 to repair water problem. (replace pump)

First use after that, worked for 3 minutes, brewed, no steam.

Taking back AGAIN, very frustrated.

Always cleaned after each use and decalcified regularly during first year. Hasn't worked after 1st year!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best for Home, Feb. 7 2014
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
DO NOT waste your money on Keurig or other (Nespresso) ... or even on Delonghi or Seiko.

This is the one.

This is the second Breville Roma machine I purchase, but the first one is still functional (still use it everyday). About the first one: I bought this exact same machine FIVE years ago. Not the slightest hint of problem with it. Daily usage (2-4 double long espresso each day). It's incredible.

It froths milk (cow, soy, almond) very nicely, but we only use this feature about once a week (during the weekend).

Conclusion: I'm surprised that it lasted that long. And it's cheap too! Compare this to a Seiko or Delonghi. And the Breville will last five years without need for repairs ... the other brands: not so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine. It does what it supposed to do for its price, Nov. 12 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
It does take a while to warm up to get espresso hot enough.
Easy maintenance .
I had my first one for 4years of almost daily use, I bought a second one just to make sure calcium build up inside the old coils was not happening. I did not follow the cleaning instructions.
For its price range its equal to a $400 ranchero brand i owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, Aug. 25 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Very happy with this product after a month of use. Excellent all around. Strongly recommend for great quality espresso and cappuccino. Very pleased

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 415 | Next ›