biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Furniture vpcflyout All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on April 2, 2012
All i have to say is about this expresso machine is 1. built very solid 2. very good tasting expresso ,since we had it me and my wife make are selfs a double expresso every morning and beleive me we have to use self control not to drink 2 or 3 of them in a row. i have 7 breville products and im fully satisfied.
on January 7, 2016
Disclaimer: I've only had it for less than a week, so I can't comment on how long the product will last.

However, I tried it the night it came and have used it every morning since, and I love it! The espresso made produces a good amount of crema (which I've learned is important). I haven't become an espresso drinker yet so I'm frothing up some milk for a latte before work. It's delicious - so much so that I'm drinking it without sugar (not normally how I drink coffee).

This is obviously a much more manual machine that others I've seen. You have to measure out the coffee grounds, turn off the water once it's poured enough, froth your own milk, etc. (versus more automated machines where you basically push a button and it does all the work). But you're getting what you paid for.

As you can probably tell, I'm a novice to this whole thing so I really don't have any complaints. It was easy to figure out using the instructions and takes me maybe 5 minutes to make my latte. I would definitely recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 2, 2014
After much research I purchased this unit to replace an old Tassimo. We use a Keurig to make coffee, but I was never happy with the quality of the espresso from our Tassimo - to be expected from a pod machine. Now I grind my own espresso beans and I couldn't be happier with the quality of espresso that comes out of this reasonably priced maker. Excellent crema, and I like that the control is manual so I can make double long shots easily.

My only complaint is with the steam wand. It doesn't move up and down, which makes its use a little difficult. Also, you really need to prime it to get through the initial operating phase which essentially just spews water. The water continues to drip throughout use, which can also make your milk a little watery. I've switched from 1% milk to 3% milk and it produces a thicker foam with no watery taste.

For cappuccinos, a separate milk frother is a necessity as this one won't make near enough foam.

All in all, an excellent buy for the price. After a month of VERY heavy use, I haven't had an issue with blockages like some of the reviewers, however we also use RO water and keep the machine very clean.
on May 8, 2013
Unfortunately the first machine we got lasted for two days and three mochas, then the steam pump failed. With proof of purchase and an explanation of the problem breville quickly agreed to send a courier to pick up he old machine and bring us a new one. The new one arrived broken, so again they sent a courier. I was expecting the worst from the 3rd machine after that string of bad luck, but I have happily been proven wrong.

This is a great little machine, it makes a stellar espresso with perfect crema. If you have no coffee shop experience it will take you a few tries to get the hang of grinding and tamping a top notch shot, but well worth the effort. Keep that receipt, and all the accessories, which you will need for a return, just in case you happen to get a flunk!

A couple hints: pre warm your milk a little, or remove the steam enhancer so you can get the milk nice and hot without over frothing.

Run the steam into a cup beforehand to get it started, and into a cup of water after to keep dried milk from blocking the steam opening.

If this is brevilles least expensive espresso machine model the next one up must be pretty great, because I can't imagine a little household machine making anything much better than what this puts out.
on March 2, 2013
This is the perfect machine for beginners. Simple, easy to use and its compact size doesn't take over all the counter space you have in your kitchen. I was really surprised with how quickly the machine heats up. As I finesses my espresso making skills I will likely look for a machine that has the capability to heat and froth the milk a little faster. At this point in time, this little machine is perfect.
on April 1, 2011
After one year to the day, steamer not working, repaired under warranty, no cost.

One week after repair (not sure what?), water leaking over filter, $100 to repair water problem. (replace pump)

First use after that, worked for 3 minutes, brewed, no steam.

Taking back AGAIN, very frustrated.

Always cleaned after each use and decalcified regularly during first year. Hasn't worked after 1st year!!!!
0Comment23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is actually what I hope will be a helpful review re: long term quality - it's for the previous incarnation of this espresso machine - the Breville Bar Vista. I've had this puppy for about five years now, after my son got me hooked on one that alas unfortunately broke very quickly. The Breville takes abuse and keeps going strong. You've got to learn how to use it and keep the milk nozzle clean (every once and awhile it thinks it doesn't want to steam but I let it run for a bit and it reconsiders). Tamping down the coffee is essential. For those concerned about the aluminum, the bits that come into contact with the coffee you drink are steel...
I'm really pleased with my little machine - make espressos and americans and cappuccinos and lattes anytime I want and it's lovely. And so much cheaper than going out to get one. I've cleaned it twice with vinegar over the years.
on May 22, 2014
It is an attractive compact machine. As others have reported, it makes good expresso but the foamer for milk is a little weak. All in all though a good value
on October 7, 2014
Ok, so after owning a VERY expensive automated machine for over 10 years my expectations of this product were very high. Positive feedback from friends who owned this machine made the difference between repairing my Seaco (having invested 250$ for repair 10 months ago) and purchasing this machine.

So happy I purchased, yes we have to learn how to use this model correctly ... use the correct grind, use the correct amount of coffee and water.... but this is a very fast learning curve. The result is that we now experience the variations in the subtleties of tastes depending on the beans.

Small countertop footprint is another bonus with minimal cleaning and maintenance. The accessories included with this product are also added value, everything you need to get a great coffee within mins. of delivery.
on November 15, 2010
I'm not a coffee expert by any means but I find that this makes very good espresso, great for making Lattes, Americano's and Cappuccinos. We got hooked on these drinks while spending time in Europe and wanted to make them at home, and this machine does the job very well. If you are wondering if you can make drinks as good as what you might buy at starbucks, etc. the answer is definitley yes, although it partially depends on the espresso that you use. The crema is really nice shot after shot and you can also make two shots at once which is perfect for my needs. The steam wand works well, although i find that its a good idea to run it for a few seconds before putting it into the milk as it spits out a bit of water initially. As a bonus it also comes with a couple of espresso cups (the ones we recieved are white porcelain, not stainless steel as pictured) and a small frothing pitcher. If you are looking for your first espresso machine I think this is a great choice.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse