4.0 out of 5 stars I know how to make coffee
So I bought this as a gift for my partner. He was a barista when he was younger and I have been a barista for the last 3 years, we both know a good coffee. I have used both a manual and an automatic machine.

Setup: Simple
It comes with everything in the picture, as well as a pod, single and double shot. It also comes with a scoop, tamper, steam cup, and...
Published 15 months ago by mistdust

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good espresso, pretty awful steam feature
I was really excited about this machine after reading all the positive reviews, but sadly I have to report that I am definitely not satisfied at all with this product.

Reviewers are right that it does make some pretty good espresso, but as a frequent latte drinker, the steaming feature is equally important to me and that is definitely sub-standard. I have tried...
Published 23 months ago by greenbean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 415 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars decent machine for the money, Aug. 8 2013
M. Weinberg (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After using this machine for a few months, I can say it's a pretty solid machine that will pull a respectable shot consistently. Things I like: It comes with two size coffee inserts (single or double), it heats up pretty quickly (less than 1 min), it comes with a few cups, the espresso shot has a nice crema, and it's pretty easy to clean. I've only used the steamer wand a few times, and that worked fine too. Main criticism is that it's relatively loud, but really not too bad. It's not the kind of shot you'd get from a very expensive machine, but in this price range, I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars One or two cups a day: enjoy!, July 16 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Handling is simple and easy to learn: for me as a newbie in espressoing, it works just as advertised. Maybe one complaint though: machine vibrates somewhat during extraction so the cup has to be put back / kept in place. This is probably due to the light weight size of this for-home-use-only machine. Overall, a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING little machine for entry coffee lovers, March 28 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
I bought this device 4 months ago for my girlfriend and myself in order to save the $20-30 we were spending at Timmy's weekly, This is a basic but hard working little machine, lacking in the bells and whistles of the higher end Breville machines but more then making up for it in reliability and the low price point.

Positives so far:

Heats up very fast - ready to go in under a minute usually, can do 2-3 drinks between chargers.
The included kit is nice - very high quality, a nice little bonus considering this unit is pretty inexpensive when on sale.
Easy to handle - only one switch is nice, very straight forward to use, went from never touching an espresso machine to making drinks that taste better then Starbucks in a day or so.

Negatives so far:

Bigger cups wont fit - Large / some normal sized mugs wont fit between the base and the press, can be annoying.
Spouts are uneven - I found that my unit tends to flow unevenly, right side flowing much faster then the left.
Milk forther tends to get "jammed" by milk - water will come out instead of steam sometimes for few seconds. Tried to run it after use to clear future jams, but will still jam up and spray water instead of steam.

Over all, very happy with the purchase, will consider moving up to higher end unit in the future with more features that this device is lacking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, March 2 2013
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
This is the perfect machine for beginners. Simple, easy to use and its compact size doesn't take over all the counter space you have in your kitchen. I was really surprised with how quickly the machine heats up. As I finesses my espresso making skills I will likely look for a machine that has the capability to heat and froth the milk a little faster. At this point in time, this little machine is perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Machine on a budget, Feb. 25 2013
Dave (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
I purchased this espresso machine and within two months it had already justified it's cost with savings over going out to buy coffee. Initially I was very happy with the little Breville, but after about a year the machine had lost a lot of power (particularly the steam wand). It could also be difficult at times to pull a consistent shot.

As a result I've retired the machine and bought something more powerful with a little more manual control. I feel that despite the machine not performing well in the long term, that it's still good value for money. Perhaps more regular descaling maintenance on my part would have helped, I only descaled the machine bi-monthly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping, April 8 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Regular shipping in 3 business days! Didn't need to go to shopping store, and I paid my Breville Café Roma at the lowest price. Very satisfied! This Expresso Machine is the best value (Quality vs Price) according to magazine "Protégez-vous". And the best "Allongé" ever!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, Feb. 27 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Very good coffee, not too hot just like You will drink !
I love this machine good quality.
You don't have to hesitate you have to buy it !!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Facilité et rapidité, Jan. 26 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
Il s'agit d'un excellent rapport qualité-prix. Belle qualité de fabrication. Elle reste simple et efficace à condition de vouloir passer quelques minutes à faire un bon café.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine., July 13 2012
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After over 20,000 shots of espresso(based on 6 double shots every day for over 5 years) my 5 year old Cafe Roma machine died. I looked at the other models but decided to go with another of the same. Why mess with a good thing. The only trick is to steam the milk before making the espresso (better crema). I figure this machine saved me over $5,000.00 + over the 5 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars too much downtime, April 1 2011
Sandy Leach (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville Café Roma Espresso Machine ESP8XL (Kitchen)
After one year to the day, steamer not working, repaired under warranty, no cost.

One week after repair (not sure what?), water leaking over filter, $100 to repair water problem. (replace pump)

First use after that, worked for 3 minutes, brewed, no steam.

Taking back AGAIN, very frustrated.

Always cleaned after each use and decalcified regularly during first year. Hasn't worked after 1st year!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 415 | Next ›