summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools

Magnificent
on January 4, 2015
I love this CD.
on September 9, 2014
It seem everything Loreena McKennitt does is very good.
Great product.
on May 24, 2007
This is a beautiful cd and my absolute favourite of Loreena's. More imaginative, mystical and creative than her previous recordings, I would highly recommend this to anyone.
on November 30, 2005
Not an awful CD. Influenced by 15th-century Spain, with Moorish and Celtic influences, and McKennitt is in fine voice. Where it falls down is that the accompaniment is so uninspired as to exceed the banal, and travel all the way to annoying. So. I wouldn't buy it, but if you like McKennitt and someone gives it to you, you can keep it and listen to the four or five good cuts. That's the sweet part about CD players, they can be programmed.
on June 13, 2004
My friend advised me to buy this CD, so I did. And WOW! It's so pretty! Her voice is amazing! Almost everything my friend suggest me to buy is **Really good** but this is the best of them yet! Now I long for more of her music...
Song number three is good for a story... very pretty, talking about love and night. Number four has this nice touch to it that makes me want to hear it over and over again.
on May 12, 2004
Indeed. Or rather, quite. Or shall I say... well you get it. The point is that this is Loreena McKennitt at her most -- how shall we say this? -- mystical? Eerie doesn't quite work... Dream-like perhaps? Well suffice it to say that Elemental was thoroughly folk, The Book of Secrets was a neutral new age work of art, and this, this is in a realm all its own.
One can see this easily when one hears the chanting that opens "The Mystic's Dream." Loreena McKennitt in my opinion is better than Enya, and this because there are more layers to her music. Enya has a lovely voice and makes lovely music, mind you, but Loreena McKennitt captures the feel and essence of her subject whether this be a mystic or a lover, Prospero or what have you.
If I didn't know better I might venture to say that "The Mask and Mirror" is slightly darker than McKennitt's other work. Why do I say this? I haven't the foggiest. Perhaps because the elements presented are more or less beneath the surface. This is difficult to explain right here on an Amazon review but I would strongly suggest that you purchase this CD and just see for yourself what I mean.
All things said and done. Buy it. Enjoy it. Thank yourself profusely.
on March 3, 2004
Masterful and complete work. One of the finest music recordings of the 90's. Lush, exotic, and compelling in every sense.
on March 1, 2004
Loreena McKennit has the ability to take music from different societies and combine them in such a way that they sound as though they were always meant to be together. Coupled with her voice, this CD has instantly risen to the top of my "Music to re-group to" category.
A few candles, a bubblebath, and you no longer reside in this plane of existence.
on February 29, 2004
CELTIC SINGER/SONGWRITER/FOLK SINGER, LOREENA MCKENNITT IS ASOLUTELY AMAZONG. EVERY SONG ON THIS ALBUM IS BRILLAINT. THE BEST SONGS ARE BASED MAINLY ON HER IRISH/CELTIC HERITAGE.
HER VOICE IS ANGELIC AND HER HARP IS DIVINE. I LISTEN TO EACH OF HER ALBUMS IN THE CAR EVERY NIGHT TO CALM ROAD RAGE!!!! SHE MAKES THE LISTENER FEEL IN TOUCH WITH NATURE AND HUMANITY.