summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 2, 2005
I work in a children's bookstore and our customers rely heavily on us for recommendations so the arrival of the follow-up to the supremely successful For the Kids was kind of a big event amongst the staff. Partly because we've listened to the first one so many times that it's always nice to have something new playing in the store, but mainly because we've depended on the first CD as a sure bet for people buying for grandchildren, nieces, nephews, the kid next door, etc, and we knew that this one wouldn't let us down. It's got fun, upbeat tunes and a new slew of voices that we older ones are sure the little ones will love. They repeated the Rainbow Connection which Sarah MacLachlan sang on the first cd for good reason, this song, redone by Jason Mraz, is especially not to be missed (particularly at naptime).
on August 13, 2010
After reading other reviews about this CD and others in the series they seemed popular and well liked. I was expecting something more fun and whimsical but some of these songs seem .... well boring and stupid. Sorry to offend anyone but there are only a couple of songs we like and will copy to the IPod. I think even our daughter agrees as she keeps asking for the next song in several places. I'm not sure I'd risk getting others from the series without being able to hear more of the songs before buying.