5.0 out of 5 stars 1 day deal

Published 12 months ago by sarah1390

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 day deal, Oct. 13 2011
Dallas J. E. Thomas "Dale" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
Just ordered DS9 the whole series on the Thanksgiving 1 day deal for 65% off.. which is 168 dollars for the entire set. Man, what a deal. Reading some of the reviews I thought I would be shipped a crappy boxed DVD set with scratched discs and errors skipping on the DVD's. I've opened the first season, played through the discs and everything is working fine. Hopefully the other 6 seasons are of the same high quality.
I ordered directly from Amazon.ca and they were delivered without a scratch or dent.
For this awesome price, I am impressed and hope to buy The Next Generation and Voyager if they drop the price again. Amazon would make much more money off these if they were selling at $168 a series.
Thanks Amazon. DS9 is gold!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Owning the Series but not happy with condition of some parts of the set, Aug. 9 2013
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
For this being star trek I love the series and that would have given this product a 5 star rating for me but I was unhappy about the condition of some of the DVD's that arrived in the set which gives it a 3 star rating. For instance for this being supposed to be a new set Season 4 of the series in my set arrived with all the discs covered heavily in fingerprints and hand prints and some major scratches that made this set look like it was a second hand set that I bought at a movie rental place instead of something new coming from amazon. I personally can live with one or two scratches as long as they do not horribly disrupt my viewing pleasure. I loved the series but paramount needs more quaility control about how the sets are advertised and sent out to places like amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, quality-wise, April 2 2013
L. Burt - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
The show is awesome. The boxed-set is not. The show did not transfer over to DVD well; and the housing for the discs is flimsy plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, Feb. 23 2014
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
Shipped out the same day, packaged well, arrived on time, and a quality product. I am a very satisfied customer and can't wait to dig in to all the seasons of one of my favorite shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must for any Trekkie, May 6 2013
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
Loving Star Trek I have never watched this series. So I bought it and have not been disappointed. Anyone who have not watched this series must.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Star Trek by far, Feb. 25 2009
N. Witham (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
This series is by far my favorite and here is why:

1) It is much more emotional and immersive than any other Star Trek(Enterprise kinda has a bit). You really feel like you are part of the crew and it really makes it fun.

2) There is always a struggle between good an evil that lasts the entire series, they do not just fly away and forget their problems it is an ongoing story, just like a miniseries might be.

3) Acting is very professional and good. The only person i can really comment for doing a poor job at times is Benjamin Cisco(Avery Brooks). He does a bad part at playing an "Angry Cisco". I felt that this didn't ruin the series but might take away some of the immersion for some people. I wouldn't put them on par with Captain Picard or Number 1 however they all have their little quirks that might give you interest and likability in them

I guess overall if you liked any Star Trek because of the story and wanted the feeling of continuity than i would highly suggest you pick this up.

Voyager, TNG, Enterprise and even original were good but if you felt you want something that feels more like a story rather than random episodes this is very much for you. I bought this probably 2 years ago(after watching random episodes on TV all the time) and when i hit the last episode it was so emotional and sad i really wanted to watch it again. My girlfriend even enjoyed it and she is not much of a Sci-Fi person besides this show

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gift to my Son, Jan. 7 2014
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
Who knew that a 20-year old would like this nostalgic series so much? The classics never die. I'm glad that I got it for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick!, Nov. 11 2013
S. Kumar - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
The product arrived quickly and made for a great birthday gift for those who love Star Trek programs and, in particular, this show.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift for my son. It was a big hit as he didn't think he'd ever get the whole series., Jan. 10 2013
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
I haven't seen any of the series yet as it was a gift for my son. He is thoroughly enjoying watching it. He loves the series so appreciated being able to have it to view in his own time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now a Trek classic, Nov. 9 2009
J. Beeds "Beedle Buzz" (Kamloops BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series (DVD)
The character development between Odo and Quark is always entertaining. Watching this on DVD is a great break from all the reality television we to often have to endure. Guaranteed to entertain.

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series