countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on June 20, 2016
Excellent quality set. Arrived after only one week in transit, not the anticipated three weeks. The cases, packaging, discs, and retianers were all in perfect condition. The diminished quality noted by previous customers can be explained by the fact that the series was originally filmed on tape. The change to digital also copied the flaws of the original recording. Viewing the series on a 55" LG HDTV means you can see the grainy film quality, but it's easily dismissed knowing how it was recorded. Absolutely no complaints about this purchase. If I wanted to buy another set from this vendor (Sold by SJ.I ), I certainly would. Five star quality, 100% satisfaction.
on October 13, 2011
Just ordered DS9 the whole series on the Thanksgiving 1 day deal for 65% off.. which is 168 dollars for the entire set. Man, what a deal. Reading some of the reviews I thought I would be shipped a crappy boxed DVD set with scratched discs and errors skipping on the DVD's. I've opened the first season, played through the discs and everything is working fine. Hopefully the other 6 seasons are of the same high quality.
I ordered directly from Amazon.ca and they were delivered without a scratch or dent.
For this awesome price, I am impressed and hope to buy The Next Generation and Voyager if they drop the price again. Amazon would make much more money off these if they were selling at $168 a series.
Thanks Amazon. DS9 is gold!
on August 26, 2014
This review will be short.
I loved the series and I wanted to introduce my 13 year old daughter to it, so this was a Christmas present. She loved it but, as all the DVD players in my household would randomly lock up while trying to play the disks, to get to enjoy it I essentially had to rip every single one of those disks on my Media Center and watch it from there. It was a hassle but this eminently enjoyable series was worth all that.
Five stars for the content, only two for the quality of the media.
on April 2, 2013
The show is awesome. The boxed-set is not. The show did not transfer over to DVD well; and the housing for the discs is flimsy plastic.
on July 4, 2015
This is one Star Trek series that gets better with age.

Very different from the other Star Trek series. It is darker; because everything comes to them instead of the ship going out into the unknown, more time is spent On character development than on "planet of the week". The special features are also quite good. But like the TNG DVDs, there are no commentaries on each of the different episodes.

The series doesn't really begin to pick up until the third season, kind of like TNG. But there are a couple of good episodes in the first two seasons. But once the dominion enters the picture, the show really begins to take off. As a Blu-ray touch up doesn't appear in the works, this set is highly recommended.
on August 9, 2013
For this being star trek I love the series and that would have given this product a 5 star rating for me but I was unhappy about the condition of some of the DVD's that arrived in the set which gives it a 3 star rating. For instance for this being supposed to be a new set Season 4 of the series in my set arrived with all the discs covered heavily in fingerprints and hand prints and some major scratches that made this set look like it was a second hand set that I bought at a movie rental place instead of something new coming from amazon. I personally can live with one or two scratches as long as they do not horribly disrupt my viewing pleasure. I loved the series but paramount needs more quaility control about how the sets are advertised and sent out to places like amazon.
on February 25, 2009
This series is by far my favorite and here is why:

1) It is much more emotional and immersive than any other Star Trek(Enterprise kinda has a bit). You really feel like you are part of the crew and it really makes it fun.

2) There is always a struggle between good an evil that lasts the entire series, they do not just fly away and forget their problems it is an ongoing story, just like a miniseries might be.

3) Acting is very professional and good. The only person i can really comment for doing a poor job at times is Benjamin Cisco(Avery Brooks). He does a bad part at playing an "Angry Cisco". I felt that this didn't ruin the series but might take away some of the immersion for some people. I wouldn't put them on par with Captain Picard or Number 1 however they all have their little quirks that might give you interest and likability in them

I guess overall if you liked any Star Trek because of the story and wanted the feeling of continuity than i would highly suggest you pick this up.

Voyager, TNG, Enterprise and even original were good but if you felt you want something that feels more like a story rather than random episodes this is very much for you. I bought this probably 2 years ago(after watching random episodes on TV all the time) and when i hit the last episode it was so emotional and sad i really wanted to watch it again. My girlfriend even enjoyed it and she is not much of a Sci-Fi person besides this show
on January 25, 2016
Bought the series for my son as he enjoys watching it over again usually once or twice a year. It arrived on time, but the container it comes in is flimsy. He is on season 5 now and in every season there has been issues with more then one DVD skipping.There are whole sections of episodes that will not play. He is disappointed and I am very dissatisfied with this product. I DO NOT recommend this product. Including the cost of shipping this product cost more then $200.00 and for that price I expect the product to be as advertised and it is not.
on March 25, 2016
I found this one was a bit different than the other Star Treks as it is predominately in two places and doesn't speed around the galaxy looking for new life forms. They found them all by this time and put them in Deep Space Nine station throughout the series. Interesting new enemy, the Cardasians. Thanks.

Terry
on July 20, 2015
A very worthwhile purchase of one of Star Treks most memorable series. From the superior transfers to dvd to the outstanding special effects and storylines. From the introduction of new characters and ships to the newest threats to the Alpha Quadrant. A very highly recommended addition to any Star Trek fans collection.