5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I ever did for my cat!!
Published on Dec 3 2011 by Bibliophile

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud at times, quiet otherwise
Published on Aug. 18 2011 by Lucy45

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I ever did for my cat!!, Dec 3 2011
This review is from: PetSafe SmartDoor, Large (up to 100 lbs) (Misc.)
One of my two cats passed away last December of kidney failure...a common cat disease. I was told that cats (unlike dogs) do not drink enough water. And if you feed your cats dry cat food, as I do, because they are on a special diet, the lack of moisture contributes to problem. Both of my cats were always in the tub, sink or toilet trying to get water, even tho' we gave them bowls of fresh water every day. Cats prefer running water. I first bought a cat fountain from Walmart - the cats didn't like it because it didn't simulate a faucet, so I returned it. The minute I bought the Drinkwell Fountain, my cats immediately took to it. And I can honestly say that both cats drank much more water. Unlike the first 2 reviewers, I don't find it too loud. You should keep it topped up every day. A couple of tips - it does need to be cleaned once a week, which takes about 10 minutes or so. There is a charcoal filter which needs to be replaced, much like a Brita filter. There is a reservoir where you can put ice cubes on hot days. There is a little lever which lets you control the flow of water - low to high. Follow the manufacturers instructions e.g. don't let the fountain go dry, or you'll ruin the motor. I wish I had bought this fountain years ago and maybe my first cat would not have died from kidney failure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best water fountain I have ever purchased, March 17 2013
Cameron - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain (Misc.)
Holds more then enough water, over a week with out filling, very quite compaired to all others (I have owned at least 5 different ones). This is by far the easiest fountain ever to clean and keep clean, it all comes apart and you can put your hand in every part no brushes required! (use a quetip for the motor housing). The multiple fountians option combined with flow control makes it possible to change to your liking how much water noise you get. I see this as the 6th but last Fountian i will ever buy, every other I have owned was difficult to clean, didnt hold much water and didnt last long, on average 1 year. I have had this running for almost 2 months with no issues at all. I would recomend this for anyone with pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean and my cats are fond of it!, Jan. 9 2012
This review is from: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain (Misc.)
1) My cats really really love it. They drink more than before.
2) Easy to clean.
3) Easy to assemble.
4) No nosie.

4.0 out of 5 stars My cats love this!, Jan. 8 2012
This review is from: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain (Misc.)
We bought this fountain 2 years ago and it unfortunately recently stopped working. We had to buy a new one because our two cats love it. Remember to clean and descale your motors to keep them in good working order. We live in a hard water area so there is a lot of scrubbing required! There is a new filter around the motor on newer fountains which should also help keep the fur out.
Amazon seems to have the cheapest prices for the fountains. I bought it at a big box pet store which was not smart because it was overpriced in comparison. I wish I had thought to check Amazon first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large capacity. My cats took to it in a few hours, March 24 2013
Allan (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain (Misc.)
I love this fountain. Not because of the interchangeable spouts (that's nice but entirely unneeded for my cats) but because I have radiant floor heating. My old pet mate would evaporate most of its tiny water capacity leaving little for my cats. The Drinkwell is gigantic by comparison with the pet mate. Where I would fill the pet mate twice a day I fill the Drinkwell every two or three days.

The design is very simple. Since it has no nooks it is simple to clean. I no longer have old cat hair floating in the fountain after a thorough "cleaning."

You won't be disappointed if you get this fountain.

5.0 out of 5 stars DONOVAN LOVES IT!, Jan. 1 2013
This review is from: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain (Misc.)
I have been trying to get my cat a fountain for a long time but he would never drink out of any I tried. When I purchased this one and set it up, he finally went to it and began playing in it. Now he is drinking from the top of the fountain and loves it. And it is sturdy enough that he cannot move it with his foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, March 5 2012
I have 2 dogs and 2 cats who all love this product. We are going through lots of water so I know everyone of them is well hydrated.It is easy to clean and maintain. Well worth the moneyDrinkwell Big-Dog Pet Fountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, Nov. 23 2011
Great product for all 2 dogs and 22 cats. Fill up every other day. Not that loud on low flow. Filter not that effective for my use as it does not draw hair up through so I would not use filter replacement. Would recommend any flowing water system for pet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud at times, quiet otherwise, Aug. 18 2011
This review is from: PetSafe SmartDoor, Large (up to 100 lbs) (Misc.)
Like the other reviewer this was the third fountain I tried. I sent the others back because they were too loud. It needs to be kept completely full of water to run quietly so you need to top it up at least once per day but best to do it twice. Easy to take apart and clean but tends to be noisier after cleaning. I let it run for a half day unplug let sit half day then top up the water and let it run again. Yes it is this fussy. But it was the quietest of the ones that were available at that time. If my last cat had not suddenly gone into kidney failure and that cats prefer running water and drinking more water helps to prevent crystals which led to the kidney failure I would not go to the trouble and expense. I am going to try the ceramic or stainless steel fountain from a different company next. They might not be better bit at least they won't be so ugly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Dec 2 2013
This review is from: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain (Misc.)
I bought this for my kitties who love to drink from taps, and they love it (as far as I can tell). It was larger than I thought but that is no problem. It keeps the water nice and cool, filters it, and has a pleasant trickling noise which I find relaxing. You can choose how many streams you'd like (for example, I set it to two streams on each side so my cats each have their own). It requires minimal maintenance, all you've got to do is make sure the water doesn't run low (toss a cup in here and there) and clean it every so often (which is easy). I would definitely recommend this product if you've got pets who love flowing, fresh water!

PetSafe SmartDoor, Large (up to 100 lbs)
Used & New from: CDN$ 53.46