biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno All-New Kindle Paperwhite

Size: LargeChange
Price:$69.99+ $9.85 shipping

on December 3, 2011
One of my two cats passed away last December of kidney failure...a common cat disease. I was told that cats (unlike dogs) do not drink enough water. And if you feed your cats dry cat food, as I do, because they are on a special diet, the lack of moisture contributes to problem. Both of my cats were always in the tub, sink or toilet trying to get water, even tho' we gave them bowls of fresh water every day. Cats prefer running water. I first bought a cat fountain from Walmart - the cats didn't like it because it didn't simulate a faucet, so I returned it. The minute I bought the Drinkwell Fountain, my cats immediately took to it. And I can honestly say that both cats drank much more water. Unlike the first 2 reviewers, I don't find it too loud. You should keep it topped up every day. A couple of tips - it does need to be cleaned once a week, which takes about 10 minutes or so. There is a charcoal filter which needs to be replaced, much like a Brita filter. There is a reservoir where you can put ice cubes on hot days. There is a little lever which lets you control the flow of water - low to high. Follow the manufacturers instructions e.g. don't let the fountain go dry, or you'll ruin the motor. I wish I had bought this fountain years ago and maybe my first cat would not have died from kidney failure.
on August 18, 2011
Like the other reviewer this was the third fountain I tried. I sent the others back because they were too loud. It needs to be kept completely full of water to run quietly so you need to top it up at least once per day but best to do it twice. Easy to take apart and clean but tends to be noisier after cleaning. I let it run for a half day unplug let sit half day then top up the water and let it run again. Yes it is this fussy. But it was the quietest of the ones that were available at that time. If my last cat had not suddenly gone into kidney failure and that cats prefer running water and drinking more water helps to prevent crystals which led to the kidney failure I would not go to the trouble and expense. I am going to try the ceramic or stainless steel fountain from a different company next. They might not be better bit at least they won't be so ugly
on January 23, 2013
I'd give this 3.5 stars, but my cat would probably give it a 1. She would still rather drink from the toilet so this goes in the pile of things both pucrhased for her and ignored by her. It can get noisy if you don't watch it, but otherwise as long as it's kept clean and full it functions fine. Mine was in my bedroom where she sleeps and it never bothered either of us.
on January 1, 2012
I really like the fountain, and so does my cat. I find that if I keep it clean and the water filled up, it is not that noisy. There is a steady dripping noise from the actual fountain and the motor does whir a bit. I have it in the basement, so I don't actually hear it unless I am in the room. The best part is that my cat loves it. She was drinking from it as soon as I put it down, and now I don't have to turn the bathroom taps on all the time!
on February 5, 2012
Très décevant comme produit. Mes chats ont adorés mais la fontaine coulait sur la plancher. Elle fonctionnait malgré le fait qu'il fallait mettre de l'eau dans le bol 2 fois par jour. A arrêter de fonctionner après que je l'ai démonter pour son nettoyage.
on September 23, 2012
My cat still loves this fountain, even after a year. Visiting pets use it too. Good purchase and the quality is decent
on March 11, 2012
I shopped for a while before settling for this particular drinking fountain for my cat. The fountain is quiet and easy to set up, and so far it's working without any issues. The chord is long enough (something that was worrying me a bit) and I have nothing but praise for the that machine.
on January 23, 2015
It was good for a while but when I clean it I need to remove the motor and now the plastic is cracked from putting the motor back on and taking it off again... The cat loved it though. To bad it didn't last longer :( (about a year)
on July 11, 2012
his product works really well, exactly as described. And better than a previous product I had and my cat loves the fountain flow.
on June 15, 2015
The fountain is ok! Our cat like it! But the shipping was very slow . This product was delayed for weeks.