5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Remixes of Classic Depeche Mode Tracks
I love the 12" single. I also love techno & house. This is a great collection of classic Depeche Mode songs remixed & elongated. At least half the tracks are quality remixes by such acts as Kruder and Dorfmeister. I am happy to add this to my collection.
Published 10 months ago by Steelers 1

2.0 out of 5 stars 4 Hours of weak Depeche Mode Remixes
Published on Oct. 30 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars 4 Hours of weak Depeche Mode Remixes, Oct. 30 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Remixes 81-04 (3-CD) (Audio CD)
As a Depeche Mode fan I can't help but be quite disappointed by this remix collection. Depeche Mode has produced may fine remix singles in their history, but for some strange reason, this 3 CD set has a strong focus on their least memorable remixes. Personally, I have a preference for remixes that reconstruct a song, not totally deconstruct it. Most of these tracks (about 75%) fit into the deconstruction category (most vocals removed, dub versions, mostly instrumental etc.) If radical remixes are your cup of tea, then you will love this 3 CD set. Otherwise, I would proceed with caution before purchasing. The single CD version of this 3 CD set collects most of the worthwile remixes, so I would say it is better value for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their greatest remixes, Oct. 28 2004
Carl (In a public library in Québec) - See all my reviews
It was with high anticipation that i got this 3 CD remixes album
from one of my favorite band Depeche mode, and i was kinda
dissapointed! Ok, there's the good remixes, such as Never let me down-split mix,
strangelove-blind mix, freelove-DJMuggs mix,
i feel loved-chamber mix, get the balance right-combination mix,
and the Timo maas remix of enjoy the silence! But the bad news
is, most of the remixes on those CDs are the bad ones, like I feel you (boring soul-less dub), barrel of a gun (underworld's
cold and looooonnnng remix that's got nothing to do with the original song), Useless (The only remix i hated from this song is the one on this compilation), Dream on (acoustic instrumental,
why didnt they put the octagon man remix instead!?), Its no
good (That remix IS NO GOOD!), the ugly ugly remix of Master and servant that makes me feel like: "Gosh i hope no one can hear that crap through the walls", ETC. And the BONUS CD is even worst! 'Are people people?' is the most boring piece of remix i have ever heard, the NEW remix of Photographic sounds like its been done in the 90's by technotronic or something, the HALO remix from Goldfrapp, which i was dying to hear (I thought, HEY THATS GONNA BE GOOD!) is very very boring! And so is the new remix of Enjoy the silence. Believe, im a die-hard fan of depeche mode and of their remixes, and this compilation just sucks like hell! It makes you want to skip to the next song, and skip to the next one, and so on forever!

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak Mode Remixes, Nov. 16 2004
This review is from: Remixes 81-04 (3-CD) (Audio CD)
As a big fan of Mode, and a big fan of remixes, this "rare" compilation of remixes is very disappointing. I used to have Depeche Mode singles and remixes on vinyl and tape - many of which, had awesome beats, and clever reworked material...those tunes don't seem to be here.
Whoever produced this compilation must not have been a fan of the band because so much better Mode material exists out there.
If you're a big fan of the band, and enjoy their remixed material, I suggest going with their Single Box set(s) instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Remixes of Classic Depeche Mode Tracks, Sept. 25 2013
This review is from: Remixes 81-04 (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars come on..! A great package, March 28 2009
This review is from: Remixes 81-04 (3-CD) (Audio CD)
I would suggest getting the 3-disc set... &because (hey!)it's Depeche Mode. I did wish some of the tracks were more contemporary.. but some phenomenal singles to own -also,a whole bunch.
One track that was quite weak though ---was their re-mix of 'Personal Jesus'

Remixes 81-04 (3-CD)
Remixes 81-04 (3-CD) by Depeche Mode (Audio CD - 2004)