march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Size: 9 Inch|Color: Black|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 14, 2016
I've done a lot of reading on proper cast iron care since I bought this pan and I agree with other reviewers that it needs to be seasoned a few more times after buying it to keep things from sticking to it. I like this pan very much and use it for frittatas quite a bit. Sometimes the egg sticks to the side. It seems to be improving with use. Bacon stuck to it the first time, but since reseasoning it, it has gotten better. I think this is a very good quality product compared to other cast iron on the market and I am looking forward to using it and caring for it for years to come.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 20, 2015
BEST purchase I have made in a long time. I ordered more in different sizes. Extremely well made. So happy that I can now get rid of the horrible non- stick pans in favor of my cast iron health skillets. Obviously, cast iron takes some time and care to clean and look after to keep in tip top shape, but so worth it in the long run to know that you are cooking with something that doesn't leave toxic residue in your body. I recommend buying the cleaning tools and brush scrubber accessories for them. Highly recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 3, 2013
I own several Lodge brand cast iron skillets - a deep one, a large 12" and this - as well as several antique skillets.

First, let me say the larger 12" is too wide for most electric stove burners; it will overlap the cold part of the stove too much for effective, even cooking. Unless you have a stove top with extra large burners, stick with the 10 1/4 inch Lodge pans.

The 10 1/4 is exactly the right size to cover the typical "large" stove top burner - the spiral type or flat ceramic surfaces.

There are a number of accessories available from Lodge that fit this and other skillets. For example, if you add their cast iron lid, it becomes a "roasting" (or "broasting") skillet for oven use.

Add their glass lid for either stove top or oven use - the plastic handle is safe up to 400F.

What's interesting is those extras also fit the 10 1/4 deep version of this skillet so you don't have a bunch of duplicate, incompatible accessories around.

For daily use, the non-deep version is my go-to pan. The size and shape are ideal, as large as will fit on a typical stove burner.

Rub a steak in salt and pepper, drop it in the skillet pre-heated with some oil and butter and sear on both sides of a few minutes. Perfectly cooked steak, as good or better than if you'd grilled over fire. Try cooking burgers and hot dogs on cast iron too - they get nicely crusted over, like you'd expect from a BBQ. This, of course, isn't unique to Lodge brand cast iron but Lodge has made just about the ideal form factor for kitchen use, with this 10-1/4 skillet and it's deeper counterpart.

As with all Lodge cast iron, these skillets come pre-seasoned. In my experience, they're not seasoned thickly enough to make them non-stick from the start so I wipe them with olive oil and bake them in the oven until the oil polymerizes, forming another coating. I'll repeat that process at least three times to build up a nice thick non-stick seasoning. Google "seasoning cast iron" for lots of opinions on how to do this.

In use, these skillets are great. They're thick enough not to warp at all at varying temperatures and to retain heat well. You can turn your heat down quite a bit once the pan comes up to temperature.

The downside is weight. The assist handle opposite the main handle is especially useful when you've got a filled skillet.

Highly recommended, whether or not you're willing to buy into the rest of the Lodge accessory system.
on January 12, 2016
This was my first cast iron pan, so I did quite a bit of research before choosing this one (10 1/4). Fits perfect on my stove, and great for a small apartment. I have only had it a couple of weeks, and I use it almost everyday! Tip: Even though it comes "pre-seasoned", I did it again just to ensure that sticky-ness will not be an issue. Brush the whole thing (inside and out) with oil, place face down in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour.
on March 4, 2016
This skillet is perfect for cooking up a couple of eggs, or sauteed onions and garlic. The pan is pre-seasoned so that it can be used right away, but I recommend further seasoning with olive oil. Keeping your heat a little lower makes cleanup a snap. Even after eggs I only need to wipe with a damp dish cloth.

Cons - You will need a tea-towel or oven mitt to pick it up by the handle when it is hot. :)
on January 14, 2016
Great cast iron pan. Love cooking steaks in this as well as burgers. A bit rough on the bottom, I remember the machine polished on from the past, but I seasoned it properly and it's as non stick as can be. I would however buy the bigger one if I was buying just one.
on December 7, 2014
Pretty good but the inner surface is a bit rough making it hard to clean compared to the one I've used before but maybe it needs more time to season and smooth out? Certain foods can't be cooked without sticking so I can't recommend it as a replacement to a good quality non-stick Teflon pan in some cases but I still use it as much as possible. It does require a lower heat setting and cooks/fries evenly which is a plus besides being toxin-free unlike most non-stick coated pans.
Hoping it will improve over time with more seasoning and usage.
on December 4, 2014
Definitely love this pan. I can cook anything in it and I'm a total cast iron pan noob. I can even cook eggs in it. I've had to learn to cook at lower temperatures, especially for things like eggs, then they just slide around on the pan. I hand wash and use a tiny drop of soap (not using soap = ew gross in my opinion), then oil it back up and put it away. Makes a great blackened anything if you like that sort of thing. I occasionally do blackened fish. I used to try blackened recipes in other pans but that's just a waste of time.
on April 9, 2016
Hey, I like my new pan. I like it a lot. Used it many times and it never let me down. Just like my second wife. Also, this pan would work very well if you caught a burglar in your kitchen. Yes, it's that heavy. Wonderful, wonderful pan..
on April 24, 2015
Great little cast iron pan. Just what i needed to slap on the charcoal BBQ for some cooking. Pre-seasoning is not required as it is already done for you so definitely an added bonus. You do however, need to take care of a cast iron pan to prevent damage and rust over time.