5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!
I had never watched Wonderfalls when it was on TV and didn't know anything about it. When I saw the DVD, I almost flipped past it, but I read the blurb on the back and it sounded so quirky and interesting, I bought the DVD - and I'm so glad I did!
Published on Aug. 21 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Average. Worth a look.
Published 1 month ago by Bleepard4

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, Aug. 21 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is an absolutely brilliant series. Clever, funny writing; perfect casting; superb acting with great comedic timing. I am shocked that it was cancelled after only 4 episodes. What were they thinking at Fox?! (or not thinking...)
This is the blurb on the back of the DVD box:
"Although a recent graduate of Brown University, Jaye Tyler decides to ignore her degree, live in a trailer and work at a tourist gift shop in Niagara Falls called Wonderfalls - much to the despair of her well-to-do family. But Jaye's aimless life takes a startling turn after a lion figurine begins talking to her. Her family calls it an 'episode,' but Jaye knows better. Fearing for her sanity, Jaye nevertheless starts doing exactly what an increasing number of inanimate objects tell her to do and is amazed when her outrageous actions begin changing people's lives in unexpected ways."
Sounds strange, I know. But you will love the series. I watched all 13 episodes in one weekend - I couldn't stop, it was so hilarious. I love the show. Highly recommend!
P.S. The DVD boxed set (3 discs) has the 4 original episodes, plus the 9 unaired ones; commentaries for select episodes; featurettes; music video. I wish it had more bonus features but it's still a terrific set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative, funny, quirky, sarcastic, surprising... go for it!, March 19 2005
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
I first heard of this show when I read a critic's review when it was first aired in 2004. Intrigued, I decided to give it a try and was immediately hooked by the humour and the unexpected twists and turns that the show takes you on. The actors are also great with impeccable comedic timing! When I heard it was going to be on Vision TV, I was ecstatic and now that the DVD has been released, it has definitely been worth buying. Not only do I have access to all the episodes at my fingertips but I can also use the DVD to recruit more wonderfalls fans!
If you're still not certain have a look at the reviews at the partner site amazon.com customer reviews. There are over 100 reviews (108 right now) and all of them except for two that I saw were 5 stars... and the two that were four stars complained not about the show but about the lack of DVD features and the lack of respect for the show by FOX!
The show was filmed in Niagara Falls on the beautiful Canadian side (although the story is set in the US). And of course, don't forget that Caroline Dhavernas (Jaye) is from Montreal, Quebec and Tyron Leitso (Eric) is from Vancouver, BC! Excellent, eh?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim Minear is heartbreakingly good at this, Aug. 23 2010
J. Coffin "Film Nerd" (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
Like so many other Tim Minear projects, Wonderfalls was cancelled well before its time. The show was vibrant, sweet, accessible and occasionally very sharp at the same time. With well developed characters and quirky, fun plots, this series is a gem. Do not pass it by.

5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant surprise, Sept. 21 2009
Charly Pazdor "Charly" (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
I hadn't heard about this show -- but found a link to it via Pushing Daisies. Bryan Fuller was involved with both shows and they share a certain quirkiness that I really enjoy. There are also some common themes with Eli Stone -- which I also very much enjoyed. I loved the writing and I thought the cast was great. I also appreciated the commentary provided by cast & crew. It was very fortunate that the series was made available for those of us who love this kind of show, but get too few opportunities to find these gems.

5.0 out of 5 stars A series not to be missed., Feb. 10 2005
Craig S. O'neill (Mount Pearl, Newfoundland Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
In a world of hum drum TV, every so often a gem comes along.
Two particular show come to mind: WonderFalls and the topic of choice, WonderFalls. Unfortuanatly BOTH WERE CANCELELLED. Can't anyone keep fresh show anymore. Enough of my dismay.
Wonderfalls is problay one of the most most unique takes on the "Joan of Arc" type synaro you will ever see. The Acting is tremendous and the supporting cast is so well blended to the show.
This show is Halarious. It actually hooks you in and you begin to relate to the main main caracter Jaye, A Collage Graduate who decided that doing nothing and just getting by without creating friction and stress is the ultimite lifestyle until she, for some reason begins to hear figures with faces "talk to here" and tell things to do. To make Matter worse all the this they tell her end up help people.
Trus me you wont be disappointed.
Unfortuantly only 13 eposide were made and fox actually dropped it after only 4. Well the DVD gives you all the lost eposides with some extras.
Too bad extra seasons were not filmed. But great shows always get cut. Its a fact of life
Buy the DVD, at least you can see 13 eposide of one of the best shows ever made with the best cast ever esembeled.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME SHOW!!!, April 23 2005
"dbk1111" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
This show is great! I've seen the entire season on DVD and was thrilled with every episode. Smart, funny, and crazy! If you're someone who believes that everything happens for a reason, or if you simply enjoy noticing life's little coincidences, you'll love Wonderfalls. One of the most intelligent, entertaining, thoughtful shows I've seen in a while. Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Pleasure, March 4 2008
Michele "in Montreal" (Montreal Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
It is lovely, quirky, witty, funny and too damn short! I would love this to be a 5 year series that I could watch until my eyes burn and my stomach aches from laughing. Get this DVD series, it is so much better than most of the others. The only one I would recommend more highly is Twitch City, which also only got 1 year... hmmmmm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely LOOOOOVE it!!!, Feb. 24 2005
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
Here in Quebec we were lucky enough to get all 13 episodes, but dubbed in French with Caroline Dhavernas doing her own translation.
It is a shame that show had such a bad time slot when it was on. I wish they brought it back and made more episodes, but on a different day when people would give it a chance!!! Mel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfalls : Very good serie !, Aug. 7 2005
TRIPOD (Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
Wonderfalls : Very good serie despite the biaised US television ratings ! Original concept, fun, cool, easy to listen to ! I've first seen this serie in french (en français) in Québec (Canada) and I was surprised that this french version was not included in the DVDs set ! In fact, the main character, Jaye, is a french speaking girl from Québec, Caroline Dhavernas !

Excellent serie in both languages english and french !

Definitely worth seeing !

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to see the DVD!!!, March 27 2006
gailp (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) (DVD)
I absolutely loved this show when it was on the air and I was so disappointed when they didn't air the last episodes. The DVD gives you the episodes and they are great. I highly recommend investing in this series for a good girls night in or a gift for someone who likes quirky original programs.

Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual)
Wonderfalls: The Complete Series (Bilingual) by Caroline Dhavernas (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 37.98 CDN$ 37.58