march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on December 3, 2014
I've have had 1 for a year and another recently purchased both for guitar protection. Because of disparate readings they are now sitting beside each other. One says 43% the other 52%. I would have expected a little difference but this is too much. Not sure what to do now.....pay for another?.....same type, different type?
on November 3, 2011
I already owned 1 when I bought 2 more to put them in the basement and bedroom. First thing I did was I put the 2 new ones together with my existing and see if the reading of the 2 new ones would be the same as the existing. They came to within plus minus 1% humidity. The temperature was right on. Overall, I would say they are accurate.
on September 13, 2012
I bought this to read humidity in my basement and initially loved the product. I calibrated it and it was accurate-awesome. Seemed to remain accurate for 3 weeks, then one day it decided to get stuck at 50%, 50 degrees and wouldn't change regardless of where I put it. Reset it, then it only read 90% humidity. I think mine was a fluke though, judging by the other reviews. Thankfully Amazon refunded my money so no harm done.
on January 7, 2016
This unit is absolutely unreliable. I owned many humidity monitors in the past. This unit's readings are way off.
I placed it in 1 room with 2 different model humidifiers while the other models showed 34 and 36 RH and stayed there, this unit showed 11 RH even after more than an hour.

I checked it in a different room with a different model of humidifier right next to it, that I tested before and readings were again up to 30 RH less.

I don't know if this unit was defective, but after reading other people's reviews I think it's a common problem.

Amazon has excellent return policy, you can give it a shot if you want, but I would suggest to try other models.
on November 21, 2014
Reported humidity levels are not accurate, in my experience with this unit. Temperature is accurate, however I find the humidity reading is not, and varies significantly from the value reported by my home humidifier and HVAC controls.
on October 11, 2014
Great to use on a Table top. It uses only one AAA battery. I just unscrewed everything in it and put it back together and it still works well. there is a button at the back to toggle between F and C units of temperature. I wanted to see what kind of sensor they were using inside. it's a small white chip for the humidity sensor, I think it does temperature at the same time. the rest is the display.
on January 18, 2015
Not sure of the accuracy of this hygrometer.
Is out by over 10 points compared to a couple of analog hygrometers I have so possibly it's them that are out but have no way to verify the readings.
This one reads around 30 - 32% humidity while the analog one say the RH is 40%.
on September 18, 2014
Bought this Hygrometer after looking at some of the others that were suggested specifically for humidors. This one was about half the cost of those and is made by a reputable brand. I threw it in my humidor and within 20 minutes I went back and peaked in to find that it was giving me a reading consistent with my humidors built in analog hygrometer. I can now sleep easy knowing that my cigar collection is being kept in optimal conditions. Other uses would be to simply monitor home humidity levels for overall health. I would also recommend this device if you have hardwood floors and need to monitor humidity levels to protect your floor from gaping or stress cracks.
on November 21, 2014
I don't know about the temperature, but I tested the accuracy of this device on measuring humidity and it gave 3-4% error on mine (take away 1 star). Also you cannot calibrate the unit to improve accuracy (take away a second star).
on December 31, 2012
I got this because during winters, electric heating (and other type too I imagine) makes the room intolerably dry.
Good:
1. Temp in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
2. Reasonably clear display.

bad:
1. I expected it to be a bit bigger. It's quite small.
2. The outer cover is made up of glass -- too reflective.

If you have a specific place in your house to keep it (e.g. desk), and only intend to use it there, then this is good. If you want it at a central location and visible from around the room, this isn't very good.