countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Very happy with my purchase, I wanted to monitor my new home to see if any areas were either too dry or too humid, and this tool comes in handy. I let it for a couple days in each room and watch what it looks like when I walk by, it is easy to read as the numbers are big enough to read from a distance.
It is small enough to be put on any tablet, the range chart under is a nice addition instead of just showing numbers.

I mostly use it in my basement to see if I need to turn on my dehumidifier now, as it is on the other side of the basement, and so far when my dehumidifer stops at 50% this usually shows 50/51.

I also liked the fact that it came with a battery as it was definitely not the most expensive one.

Regarding the temperature, there is a single button at the back to switch the reading between C and F
TOP 50 REVIEWERon June 17, 2016
We wanted to ensure our baby room had the right humidity as well as be aware of the temperature for dressing her at night. This unit does the trick perfectly and is accuarate enough for our needs. It is a very small unit so it fits easily on the dresser and isn't too much of an eyesore as its compact and has clean lines.
on January 7, 2016
This unit is absolutely unreliable. I owned many humidity monitors in the past. This unit's readings are way off.
I placed it in 1 room with 2 different model humidifiers while the other models showed 34 and 36 RH and stayed there, this unit showed 11 RH even after more than an hour.

I checked it in a different room with a different model of humidifier right next to it, that I tested before and readings were again up to 30 RH less.

I don't know if this unit was defective, but after reading other people's reviews I think it's a common problem.

Amazon has excellent return policy, you can give it a shot if you want, but I would suggest to try other models.
on January 18, 2015
Not sure of the accuracy of this hygrometer.
Is out by over 10 points compared to a couple of analog hygrometers I have so possibly it's them that are out but have no way to verify the readings.
This one reads around 30 - 32% humidity while the analog one say the RH is 40%.
on September 13, 2012
I bought this to read humidity in my basement and initially loved the product. I calibrated it and it was accurate-awesome. Seemed to remain accurate for 3 weeks, then one day it decided to get stuck at 50%, 50 degrees and wouldn't change regardless of where I put it. Reset it, then it only read 90% humidity. I think mine was a fluke though, judging by the other reviews. Thankfully Amazon refunded my money so no harm done.
on December 3, 2014
I've have had 1 for a year and another recently purchased both for guitar protection. Because of disparate readings they are now sitting beside each other. One says 43% the other 52%. I would have expected a little difference but this is too much. Not sure what to do now.....pay for another?.....same type, different type?
on October 11, 2014
Great to use on a Table top. It uses only one AAA battery. I just unscrewed everything in it and put it back together and it still works well. there is a button at the back to toggle between F and C units of temperature. I wanted to see what kind of sensor they were using inside. it's a small white chip for the humidity sensor, I think it does temperature at the same time. the rest is the display.
on September 18, 2014
Bought this Hygrometer after looking at some of the others that were suggested specifically for humidors. This one was about half the cost of those and is made by a reputable brand. I threw it in my humidor and within 20 minutes I went back and peaked in to find that it was giving me a reading consistent with my humidors built in analog hygrometer. I can now sleep easy knowing that my cigar collection is being kept in optimal conditions. Other uses would be to simply monitor home humidity levels for overall health. I would also recommend this device if you have hardwood floors and need to monitor humidity levels to protect your floor from gaping or stress cracks.
on May 23, 2016
Easy to read and Temperature is accurate with my furnace thermostat. Nice to see how much humidity is in my house. Kids kept knocking it over so I placed a small velcro pad on it and it sits on top of the thermostat.
on November 21, 2014
Reported humidity levels are not accurate, in my experience with this unit. Temperature is accurate, however I find the humidity reading is not, and varies significantly from the value reported by my home humidifier and HVAC controls.