5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Effort
Published on July 24 2006 by Bubblehead

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, April 3 2005
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
I agree that the science in this movie is only hinted at and could be developed much more, but obviously the movie makers did not intend this film to be an educational film for those who study psychophysics. As a university student of psychology and physics, if I wanted to explore these theories on that level I would read up on it or take class on it. It makes no sense to me for reviewers who are familiar with this science to put the movie down because it is dummed down for an audience who isn't familiar with physics or psychology. If it weren't generalized as it was, it would only appeal to the minority of science students; and if it were more developed(as some suggested it should be) it would probably have to be at least 12hrs long. The science in the movie may be generalized, but it is accurate enough for beginners of these topics. Maybe not completely accurate to scholars, but again, to appeal to those who are unfamiliar with this science it must be general. I wouldn't explain these theories to a high-school freshman in their most complex form; instead, the theories must be necessarily generalized to give them a sense of the topic. This movie gives that sense, and I think it captures the humbling experience and sense of mysticism related to learning about advanced physics and psychology (as I have experienced them again and again). Those academics who expressed a dislike this movie because it is below their level of knowledge remind me of several Phd's I know who have practiced criticism to such an extent that it is like breathing to them. I agree with the statements in the movie that indicate that imagination does not need to be an enemy to scientific inquiry. May I remind all those overly-critical scientists out there that every scientific theory or model is incorrect and never all-encompassing. Every good scientific theory must be falsifiable, and will be falsified as time goes by. You would think that these alleged scientists would know that, as it is learned on day one of any introductory science class. Again, maybe these intellectuals have heard the word 'falsifiable' so many times, that they have forgotten what heck it means.

5.0 out of 5 stars A litte obtuse., Jan. 17 2014
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
It could have been more clearly explained, but for people who understand the teachings of Abraham or the principles of abundance, it's interesting food for thought. Someone new to these principles might be totally lost.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Effort, July 24 2006
Bubblehead (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
If you're interested in mind-scratching possibilities and actually know there's something called theoretical physics, you should definitely watch this movie. Alternatively, if you like the good old action or romance flick, maybe you should just stick with what you know. Granted, some of the ideas put forth were a little optimistic, and the cinematography not exactly up to the standard of The Matrix. However, I don't think the aim of the movie was to be a research paper (regardless of the documentary-style approach) or a blockbuster. It was meant to inspire thought about the world we live in and its interconnectedness. I've seen a couple really bad reviews on it, but I believe most of them are based on the fact that the authors just did not have a full understanding of the scientific principles presented in the movie and dismissed it quickly on its bad points without even recognizing the bigger picture. Give it a chance, it might change your outlook on life if you let it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Transformational and Life Affirming, Jan. 18 2006
Peter Malcolm (Edmonton, Alberta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
This movie defies classification in any standard genre. Part fable, part documentary, it pulls together several strands of research and wisdom into an improbable, thought-provoking and spectacular tour de force of science and spirituality. If you don't "get it", you just may not yet be ready for its profound message of the connectedness of all life. Anchored in post-Einstein science, this wonderful opus draws out the implications of quantum physics for human existence, in terms of the cosmic, universal nature of our being. If you don't accept that, according to quantum theory, the entire universe can be understand as manifestations of energy in various forms, you will not accept anything much the movie has to say. However, if you have read Wayne Dyer's book, There's A Spiritual Solution to Every Problem, "What the Bleep" will make perfect sense to you. I can unreservedly recommend this movie to anyone with a healthy curiosity about the purpose of human existence beyond the confines of traditional religion, conventional wisdom and the mundane details of daily life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Oct. 19 2014
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
I can see the roots of the theoretical approach adopted in the movie. It requires an open-mind to the updated information on many quantum physics information, starting with the definition of atom.
I noticed that people either loved it or hated it, and this is a sign of a remarkable work. Only controversial topics can draw this amount of vast diverse views.

As Einstein says “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” And I think this is why some hated it. They are identified with their education, and taking these information that they learned at school as the ultimate Truth. In this case, school became equal to churches in transplanting thoughts and limiting the freedom to think and go beyond the fabricated boundaries.

Science is a dynamic field, and quantum physics is surely mysterious. Some of the answers in the film are suggestive, whereas others are based on experiments. Some hate the results with experiments because these experiments are not traditional. Mystery seems a dirty word for some who sees it threatening their limited zone of knowing.

As a creative work, the film is very enjoyable to watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not Quantum Physics., Aug. 11 2010
JavaJoe (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
This movie does not present Quantum physics, nor does it even explain these things in layman's terms. No, instead it takes some concepts and then using the fact that 99% of the population wouldn't know the difference, inserts some new-age cultish crap into it and presents it as truth. What you wind up could be best described as "Quantum Mysticism". It's pure pseudoscience with no passing resemblance to actual quantum physics in any way.

A big tell for this is that the producers and directors were from "Ramtha's School of Enlightenment" and co-incidentally they interview "Ramtha" himself a 35,000 year old Atlantean Warrior or at least his spirit who's being channeled through a con-artist... I mean a medium. There are no actual scientists in this, or at least none that have published papers in the peer review. That right there is evidence that the ideas presented are not scientific.

If you want to learn about quantum physics in a way the general public can understand, I suggest seeing one of the documentaries made by Stephen Hawking. His mechanical voice is a bit jarring at first but after a few minutes you will get used to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Though not for just anybody., Dec 12 2005
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
I've watched this twice. Once in the theatre and the other time on DVD. Each time I walk away with new information. Each time I walk away with new insights.
If you are familiar with Law of Attraction, and enjoy books from Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Lynn Grabhorn, and other fantastic authors and speakers like them, you'll enjoy this movie.
I'll be watching it many more times as I know I'll get more each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars don't think it is a movie!, Nov. 2 2005
S.N. TONG (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
Most of the reviews which had been written does not reflect the truth about this film because this is NOT a movie. It is a philosophy and a discussion forum, I would say it is more like a documentary. It opens up your mind and tries to show us how to view the world differently. It requires the thinking side of your brain, not a blockbuster. Take up the challenge and try it on, if the philosophy doesn't fit you, leave it. I personally enjoy this film alot because I am also undergoing a re-design process of my life and my personal goal. There are things in the movie which I am still not too sure or understand, but I take whatever I needs from it, what's best for me. I suggest you all do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 3 2014
Andrea Kenyon (new glasgow, nova scotia, canada) - See all my reviews
Be prepared to change how you think about reality !

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 26 2014
This review is from: What the Bleep Do We Know? (DVD)
Science told in layman language. Great

What the Bleep Do We Know
What the Bleep Do We Know by William Arntz (VHS Tape - 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 85.90