biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on April 3, 2005
I agree that the science in this movie is only hinted at and could be developed much more, but obviously the movie makers did not intend this film to be an educational film for those who study psychophysics. As a university student of psychology and physics, if I wanted to explore these theories on that level I would read up on it or take class on it. It makes no sense to me for reviewers who are familiar with this science to put the movie down because it is dummed down for an audience who isn't familiar with physics or psychology. If it weren't generalized as it was, it would only appeal to the minority of science students; and if it were more developed(as some suggested it should be) it would probably have to be at least 12hrs long. The science in the movie may be generalized, but it is accurate enough for beginners of these topics. Maybe not completely accurate to scholars, but again, to appeal to those who are unfamiliar with this science it must be general. I wouldn't explain these theories to a high-school freshman in their most complex form; instead, the theories must be necessarily generalized to give them a sense of the topic. This movie gives that sense, and I think it captures the humbling experience and sense of mysticism related to learning about advanced physics and psychology (as I have experienced them again and again). Those academics who expressed a dislike this movie because it is below their level of knowledge remind me of several Phd's I know who have practiced criticism to such an extent that it is like breathing to them. I agree with the statements in the movie that indicate that imagination does not need to be an enemy to scientific inquiry. May I remind all those overly-critical scientists out there that every scientific theory or model is incorrect and never all-encompassing. Every good scientific theory must be falsifiable, and will be falsified as time goes by. You would think that these alleged scientists would know that, as it is learned on day one of any introductory science class. Again, maybe these intellectuals have heard the word 'falsifiable' so many times, that they have forgotten what heck it means.
0Comment64 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2014
It could have been more clearly explained, but for people who understand the teachings of Abraham or the principles of abundance, it's interesting food for thought. Someone new to these principles might be totally lost.
on July 24, 2006
If you're interested in mind-scratching possibilities and actually know there's something called theoretical physics, you should definitely watch this movie. Alternatively, if you like the good old action or romance flick, maybe you should just stick with what you know. Granted, some of the ideas put forth were a little optimistic, and the cinematography not exactly up to the standard of The Matrix. However, I don't think the aim of the movie was to be a research paper (regardless of the documentary-style approach) or a blockbuster. It was meant to inspire thought about the world we live in and its interconnectedness. I've seen a couple really bad reviews on it, but I believe most of them are based on the fact that the authors just did not have a full understanding of the scientific principles presented in the movie and dismissed it quickly on its bad points without even recognizing the bigger picture. Give it a chance, it might change your outlook on life if you let it.
0Comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2006
This movie defies classification in any standard genre. Part fable, part documentary, it pulls together several strands of research and wisdom into an improbable, thought-provoking and spectacular tour de force of science and spirituality. If you don't "get it", you just may not yet be ready for its profound message of the connectedness of all life. Anchored in post-Einstein science, this wonderful opus draws out the implications of quantum physics for human existence, in terms of the cosmic, universal nature of our being. If you don't accept that, according to quantum theory, the entire universe can be understand as manifestations of energy in various forms, you will not accept anything much the movie has to say. However, if you have read Wayne Dyer's book, There's A Spiritual Solution to Every Problem, "What the Bleep" will make perfect sense to you. I can unreservedly recommend this movie to anyone with a healthy curiosity about the purpose of human existence beyond the confines of traditional religion, conventional wisdom and the mundane details of daily life.
0Comment39 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2011
This documentary/discussion style of movie presents arguments against our traditional views of our world. It challenges our perceptions to bring them more inline with today's understanding of the way things work. If you are seeking to understand more about our world and yourself, this is a worthwhile watch. If you are looking for a Hollywood style story, don't waste your time.
on October 19, 2014
I can see the roots of the theoretical approach adopted in the movie. It requires an open-mind to the updated information on many quantum physics information, starting with the definition of atom.
I noticed that people either loved it or hated it, and this is a sign of a remarkable work. Only controversial topics can draw this amount of vast diverse views.

As Einstein says “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” And I think this is why some hated it. They are identified with their education, and taking these information that they learned at school as the ultimate Truth. In this case, school became equal to churches in transplanting thoughts and limiting the freedom to think and go beyond the fabricated boundaries.

Science is a dynamic field, and quantum physics is surely mysterious. Some of the answers in the film are suggestive, whereas others are based on experiments. Some hate the results with experiments because these experiments are not traditional. Mystery seems a dirty word for some who sees it threatening their limited zone of knowing.

As a creative work, the film is very enjoyable to watch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2005
I've watched this twice. Once in the theatre and the other time on DVD. Each time I walk away with new information. Each time I walk away with new insights.
If you are familiar with Law of Attraction, and enjoy books from Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Lynn Grabhorn, and other fantastic authors and speakers like them, you'll enjoy this movie.
I'll be watching it many more times as I know I'll get more each time.
on January 26, 2011
I love this documentry! It's it very well put and extremely interesting. It seems you need to be an Einstien to understand these concepts, but the way they explain them you don't need to.
on July 6, 2010
This movie is awesome... it was interesting from beginning to end...What the "Bleep" Do We Know?!: Down the Rabbit Hole Quantum Edition
on December 2, 2011
Did not know what to expect of this production, but found that is was a little off for the first part then caught my attention once into the middle of it. Food for thought but did not rock my world like I was led to believe it might. However, well worth the watch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse