5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, April 19 2006
C. Preston "Tunes Junkie" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
I would give this CD 10 stars if I could. It is absolutely one of the best CD's of 2005 that I purchased! I am listening to it over & over again and I never get sick of it.
Only downfall......this CD is copyright protected so you can't put it onto your MP3 players!!!
I think musicians just starting out....their managers need to tell them not to opt for copyright protection...because alot of newbies which are all using MP3 players....won't even get to hear their music...maybe go for the protection on the 2nd CD..it's understandable but do you really want to drowned your career before it even gets out of the gate!!!! Something for any budding musicians to think about.
I would buy this CD though even with the protection because I guarantee you ......you will still be playing this CD for generations to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amos Lee, May 7 2005
"isthereanyoneoutthere" (some place in the world) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
Every time I go on a trip I have to buy a new CD to listen on the plane. I was looking around and I saw this album. I hadn't heard any of his songs before and the only thing I had known about him was that he would be going on tour with Bob Dylan and if Bob Dylan likes you enough to go on tour with him then obviously they have to be great. This CD is truely beautiful. It's so poetic and full of life. I highly recommend this CD to anyone whos a fan of Dylan/Coldplay/Radiohead etc. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Sucks, April 16 2006
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
I bought this great CD with the intention of loading it into my iPod. However, I discovered that Sony has installed a tiny player program that without my permission installs with the CD, into my computer bypassing iTunes and preventing me from copying it. Amazon needs to tell you what Sony is up to so you can choose whether to purchase a Sony CD online.

4.0 out of 5 stars Style, Soul and Subtlety, March 24 2007
momo_adachi (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
Amos Lee's Blue Note debut is a fantastically beautiful album. While in places (and not even specific places) the album is slightly samey and bland, there are never HUGE missteppings and Lee has a gravelly soulful voice that is smooth and gruff at the same time. The man has SOUL, and writes pretty lyrics that can be either happy go lucky, political or sad. A simple album, there is little to say except that I would highly recommend it to fans of newcomers James Morrison or Paolo Nutini.

What I wouldn't recommend is Lee's sophomore, "Supply and Demand", a much lesser effort. Stick with the self-titled debut, and Lee will surely turn you into a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Wait!, March 23 2005
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
I saw Amos Lee open for Norah Jones - had never heard of him before and was just blown away by his lyrics and his "easy, laid back" style! I bought his EP after the show and have been eagerly awaiting the release of this CD. Although if you own the EP some of those songs are included here (different versions)this CD is worth the SMALL amount of money it costs! Call him a male Norah Jones if you've never heard of him before - pure voice, great music for a Sunday afternoon. I hope that this is just the beginning of a long road for Amos Lee!

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps it simple and soulful, not a sell out artist, March 7 2005
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
wow what can i really say but WOW... i get caught up in all the pop music just like every one else,,, when i bought this cd i really had to re-evaluate so many things in my life.. with his catchy and soulful songs, i will keep listening to him... it is a big breath of fresh air from all that rap, boy bands, wanna be skater girls and and britney spears's...
Go get the cd you'll love it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 15 2005
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
Great CD.....listen to some songs and you will see what we are talkin about.....and he is even better live if u get the chance to see him....great talent. www.amoslee.com for shows and info....check him out!

5.0 out of 5 stars voice like butter, Jan. 31 2014
Pearl Johnson "PJ Johnson" (Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amos Lee (Audio CD)
This is teh album that first introduced me to Amos, and I still prefer his voice in this cd. ok

Amos Lee
Amos Lee by Amos Lee (Audio CD - 2007)