biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools snsflyour ca_ty_gno

on July 4, 2015
I have no idea why I haven't read this book sooner. It's changed my world view, and I am so grateful for it being published. Kudos to Romeo Dallaire for his honesty in describing such a horrific event.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
An amazing man. To help people under the circumstanses that he did.He was told give up. But he didn't.Hero in my book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2005
I felt compelled. Romeo Dalliare has had the gal to show the rest of the world how racist and unequal humanity is as we know it is. It is horrific and undenyable. We cannot sit back and justify our inaction towards such a beautiul part of the globe. We are not many worlds we are one world and we cannot allow or govenments to enable such disgusting holocaust to happen. We have consented this, We are all gulity and Dallaire reminds us of this.
on March 6, 2005
"Shake Hands With The Devil: The Journey of Romeo Dallaire" begins showing the picture of a person, the image pock-marked, which turns into clouds. This is a documentary that combines news footage with interviews. The emotional juggernaut that this film takes you through is something that everyone must feel, must go through, and it still won't come close to what Dallaire felt back then right up to today. The anger you feel towards Western bureaucracy, from the UN for vastly underfunding the mission, to the Catholic Church, the French, and every other Western State, is only overwhelmed by the grief and helplessness that one can't help but feel; for the Rwandans, and for those who tried to help them. And the guilt that many Westerners can't help but feel--or should have no choice but to feel--for not paying attention to what was going on, for not putting pressure on our governments to do anything. The Tutsies told the Western soldiers and reporters that they were to be killed, but we just didn't care. OJ was more important to the mass population. What does that say about Western Society?