4.0 out of 5 stars Philadelphia Expériment
The movie is the continuation of one of the most troubling cases (not so well) preserved from the American Army. The special effects are quite spectacular for the year it was done.
Published 18 months ago by Jocelyne Forget

3.0 out of 5 stars Different Strokes for Different Folks, I guess ...
Reading the variety of reviews here I see that some love this film and prefer it to the first. Some loved the first and didn't like this film. To each his/her own, I suppose. I preferred the original film and eagerly anticipated the sequel when I found out it had been produced.
Published on Jan. 25 2004 by here_is_your_review

3.0 out of 5 stars Different Strokes for Different Folks, I guess ..., Jan. 25 2004
I saw this movie back in the early 90's but didn't remember much about it except that Brad Johnson was in it, and it didn't seem as good as the first movie. So I ordered the movie used on the internet.
While I was watching the movie, I thought how cool it would be to have a time machine. Then I could go back before I saw the movie and get 98 minutes of my life back. By the time the movie got to the end, it had redeemed itself somewhat. One notable exception was the captivating Marjean Holden whom our hero meets in the (alternate) future. And the German scientist (Gerrit Graham), son of another German scientist from World War II provides (eventually) an interesting double (though it can be fairly argued triple) role.
It must be clearly stated. This movie is totally unlike the first film (except that it includes a bit of footage from the first), so prepare yourself. Apparently they were working on a tight budget and this shows up in the special effects.
I think the screenwriters (or film editors) decided to make the audience experience the same confusion as our hero does when he travels through time (I'm sure that didn't spoil the plot for anyone). For this reason, the film seems oddly disjoint and you have to be patient enough to wait for the ending to fully comprehend what happened. Are there plot holes? Yes, large enough to fly a plane through. But at least the ending brought the film to a (somewhat) logical conclusion. And for that I give the film three stars. If you watch the film a second time, it will make a little more sense regarding what the screenwriter/director were trying to accomplish.
If you like Brad Johnson (a decent actor with not much room to move here) and/or Marjean Holden you'll probably find enough about the film to like. But again I say, this is not at all like "The Philadelphia Experiment". When the F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter was shown to the public, a host of (bad) films emerged with the F-117 as the centerpiece. I've seen a few of them and almost automatically avoid any movie where the F-117 is used because of this. If you can hang on until the ending, I think you'll understand the film better.
You may want to rent this one first, before you decide to add it to your collection. Maybe there will be a director's version someday on DVD. And without the trailers for some other obviously bad Vidmark films. I recommend fast-fowarding over the previews preceeding this film on VHS. Fortunately, these were not on the TV broadcast of the film when I first viewed it.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Philadelphia Experiment 2, May 1 2003
Paul G Mehlin (Rockaway, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
OK: I loved the first movie, so when I heard that a sequel had been made, I decided to track it down. I was never able to find it in a video store, so I ordered it on-line. I had high expectations, and even if the movie wasn't quite as good as the first, I would have been happy. I love Sci-Fi, and especially well thought out stories and movie production. THIS MOVIE STUNK. The story was full of technical holes, the acting was overdone, the villan scenes/alternate history scenes were nonsense and there weren't even any good special effects. I feel sorry for the actors who were in this dog. If anyone would like my tape, you can have it for free. (But many thanks to Amazon.com for helping me find it.) My curiosity has been satisfied (and disappointed!).

3.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE NO 3, July 15 2004
Michael Butts (Berkeley Springs, WV USA) - See all my reviews
THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT was a freshly original film when first released. This follow-up is so muddled and poorly realized that it's hard to tell exactly what is going on. Obviously filmed on a tighter budget, the movie moves at a snail's pace and Brad Johnson is lost in this convoluted and ultimately enigmatic film. Gerrit Graham is like the Klaus Kinski of B-movies, overacting with relish and abandon; it's a shoddy performance to say the least. Any movie that deals with time travel is bound to make some technological flubs, but this movie is bathed in errors. Tension surrenders to confusion and the viewer is left in the shadows of an unexplained vortex. There, did that confuse you enough???

4.0 out of 5 stars Philadelphia Expériment, March 12 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 23 2014
This review is from: Philadelphia Experiment 2 [Import] (DVD)
Interesting but not as good as the first one

4.0 out of 5 stars should be on dvd, April 11 2004
Lori Kaminsky (AZ) - See all my reviews
This movie was terrific. The first movie is on dvd, but this one isn't, which I find strange because this movie is much better. There is a petition out on the internet for this movie to be released on dvd if anybody is interested in signing it.

2.0 out of 5 stars sequel not as good as the original, Feb. 28 2010
falcon "disdressed12" (canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philadelphia Experiment 2 [Import] (DVD)
this movie doesn't live up to the standards of the first one(which was
not spectacular,but decent enough).a combination of dog awful acting
and dog awful throwaway lines,and a sometimes slow as molasses pace
make this one hard to watch at times.plus,you you get to see very
little of the actual time travel aspect during the movie.it's basically
just a drama,with a maybe a minute or two in total focused on the time
travel aspect.i did however like the ending.i found it very touching
and unexpected.it actually redeems the movie a little bit,in my
opinion.for me,The Philadelphia Experiment is a 2/5

4.0 out of 5 stars should be on dvd petition, April 13 2004
Lori Kaminsky (AZ) - See all my reviews
You can find the petition to put this movie on dvd through [...]

Philadelphia Experiment 2 [Import]
Philadelphia Experiment 2 [Import] by Stephen Cornwell (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 16.52