5.0 out of 5 stars loved this also
like i said in the previous posts this also was great to watch
will watch it over and over again
Published 2 months ago by Barbra Karlicki-Stone

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware ... its a totally different season
I wish I had read the reviews here before we bought season 3.

Published 21 months ago by John Mundie

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this also, May 16 2014
like i said in the previous posts this also was great to watch
will watch it over and over again

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Show, Sept. 30 2013
This review is from: Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
Watch it! If you haven't watched this series Do it today. You will not be disappointed. Fantastic writing and excellent characters

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware ... its a totally different season, Oct. 30 2012
This review is from: Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
I wish I had read the reviews here before we bought season 3.

If, like us, you have come late to the Six Feet Under party then this may help you save some time and money. The series really does change with season 3. It pretty well abandons the technique of having the episodes relate closely to the person who dies at the beginning of a show and becomes much more (if not entirely) serial. The show is now pretty well totally about the character story arcs; indeed, there are episodes where the death at the beginning of the show plays little or no part. It is no longer a meditation on life and death (something the show and its excellent writing were famed for.)

Now, if you are big fan, you might enjoy this. But we found the writing weak and the characters less appealing than in seasons 1 and 2. Unfortunately, Lili Taylor, a well acted presence in season 2, is much less so in season 3. It wasn't until episode 8 that we really enjoyed the show again (along with the finale it was the best of a mediocre bunch.) I'm giving it a 2 rating because the final few episodes do build up the suspense, ending with a very good finale.

Well, we soldiered thru. I guess this should be expected, tho it is a shame. I remember how we were really impressed (nay, blown away) by season 1. My supervisor (Ian, a Table Officer at the Canadian House of Commons) turned me on to the show. While not as good as the standard set with the first year, we also very much enjoyed season 2.

Well, I've read the season 4 reviews and will be saving my time and money.

Heck, if you are curious, just Google the last 10 minutes of the last episode of season 5. It will tell you everything!

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawnfest from beginning to end., Dec 14 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
There is one glimmer of entertainment in this season's episodes. As always it is with Conroy's character 'Ruth.' Other than that, the various plots which sparkled and drove the first two seasons fizzle out in a pathetic fashion that leave this season a drawn-out yawnfest. Indeed, across the board, the characters become completely annoying with the same trite and petty foibles that made them interesting in the first two seasons.
The only engaging part of season three was waiting on the edge of my seat for something...anything to happen...and nothing ever did.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW Woe And Wholey..., June 8 2005
Daffydd (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
When I buy and watch the various tv DVD collections now available, I tend to play and watch one whole dvd in a sitting. I plugged in the third DVD and the only thing preventing me from watching to the very end of the season was sheer exhaustion. Compelling human drama. And with some humour. And to my own surprise tears burned in my eyes in a few scenes. The show really hit stride in this the third and best so far season; and I haven't seen anything later than the third. You won't go wrong if you are looking for good drama, with some humour.

2.0 out of 5 stars Major disappointment, June 28 2005
"stevius" (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
This collection was a major let-down after such an amazing first 2 seasons.
Everything seemed to draw out forever to delivery very little pay-off for such tedious development. Only 2 of the 13 episodes measure up to the consistency of S1 and S2: the opener - and which ever ends disc 3. The rest are nothing more than ho-hum filler. I'm not alone here: 7 of us waited with baited breath for S3 - and we watched all 13 in 2 sessions. The consensus was unanimous... this collection is a major yawn and nothing close to what we hoped for or expected. Hopefully S4 will be somewhat redemptive... though, from those who saw it on TV, we're not banking on it. Too bad, so sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Television!, Aug. 31 2005
This review is from: Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
Six Feet Under is nothing short of amazing and the third season is no exception. The fact that several writers and directors could combine their efforts to create such a cohesive story is remarkable. Alan Ball's vision has been carried through this season with magnificent results. Some of the episodes are so well constructed that the viewer is left emotionally drained, yet still anxious for the next installment. It is a pity that it, like life, has to end.

Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season
Six Feet Under: The Complete Third Season by Michael Cuesta (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 29.00 CDN$ 26.99