5.0 out of 5 stars ...something to be
This is an amazing CD! In a world where mediocrity is the rule and little talent gets praised this CD rises quickly to the top. We have always recognized the songwriting ability and vocals of Mr. Thomas as superior, but, as a soloist, everything is enhanced. There is not one bad cut...every song a keeper. This is truly art.
Published on May 6 2005 by V. Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
Published on May 4 2005 by Jennifer

4.0 out of 5 stars ...something to be, Oct. 23 2005
Chad "nfld" (Newfoundland, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something to Be (Dual Disc) (Audio CD)
This is a great cd, Rob is alot better solo in my opinion. His music is more up beat then it was with matchbox 20 and that's a good thing.
1. this is how a heart breaks: awesome start to this song! catchy & up-beat, good song/start! (2nd single) 10/10
2. lonely no more: another up-beat song, and it has a dancy groove to it. (1st single) 9/10
3. ever the same: Rob slows it down with this song, still a cool song though. 8.5/10
4. i am an illusion: back to the fast songs, awesome beat and great song overall! 10/10
5. when the heartache ends: a pretty slow song, but better then "ever the same" because it`s more catchy and up-beat. 9.5/10
6. something to be: the album title. i like this song too, it's not fast and not slow, just in between. it got a cool mellow vibe to it. 8/10
7. all that i am: awesome song! very different from the rest, it's very tropical sounding with a hot beat! 10/10
8. problem girl: this song is kinda boring, one of the worst on the cd. not horrible though. 6.5/10
9. fallin' to pieces: this one is not so good either, the beat is pretty bad and the song kinda boring. still not too bad. 7/10
10. my, my, my: really slow, but has a catchy hook so it`s not bad. 8.5/10
11. streetcorner symphony: this song sounds outta place on the album, i dunno...it just don't fit. the worst song on the cd. 6/10
12. now comes the night: a very slow song. it makes u think and it's a good song and a great way to end the cd. only a piano used for music. 8/10
that's my opinion, yours may be different.
so go pick up this cd, it`s a good one to add to your collection. 9 out of 12 songs being good and even the other 3 is not horrible, i never skip any.
later!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, May 7 2005
Tyra Warrington (Liverpool, Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something to Be (Dual Disc) (Audio CD)
This is a great CD.Usually when u buy a CD you have maybe 1 or 2 songs that are good.But everyne here is good.Only problem i have is u cant pay it on a regular CD player.It only works on DVD.I can pay it on my walkman but not CD stero.Weird.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...something to be, May 6 2005
V. Johnson "ownedbyTouj" (Canada) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, May 4 2005
Jennifer (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something to Be (Dual Disc) (Audio CD)
I am a Matchbox Twenty Fan and a fan of all kinds of music in general, but this is a total step back from the potential I know Rob Thomas has. This CD could have been a hundred times better than it is... especially when you can pull in John Mayer for a track. I mean Streetcorner Symphony (The track on which Mr. Mayer plays on) is a campy and cheesey over produced song that any Mickey Mouser with time to kill could have made. The Bright spot on the album is the first single Lonely no more ( I love the dance feel of the track it came totally out of left field for me) and the song My, My, My isn't that awful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something To Be! Something So Brilliant., April 19 2005
The One "Tim" (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something to Be (Dual Disc) (Audio CD)
Like the song, Ron Thomas is ever the same. He is an amazing song writer, and in my books, the best song writer in this world. So many people could not even come close to his talent and remarkable voice. He is a masterpiece and so is this album. "Ever The Same" is a brilliant song and may just be used as my wedding song in the future. All songs in fact are well thought out and made.
Rob has changed the style of music in a good way so that it doesn't sound like a Matchbox album. He has given it that sort of R&B feel to it, it sounds great and Rob looks great. He fits in well with this type of music and style. His solo album is worth buying. He's still ever the same in his lyrical content. Buy this record and dont rip off a great musician that works so hard and deserves record sales.
Nothing but Brilliant!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant album!, Dec 25 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Something to Be (Dual Disc) (Audio CD)
i LOVE this album and lonley no more is my all time favourite song on it. any one who dislikes it should like it coz its wicked!!

ARRAY(0xaa09ef08)

Something to Be (Dual Disc)
Something to Be (Dual Disc) by Rob Thomas (Audio CD - 2005)