4.0 out of 5 stars It's like being visited by an old friend.
Published on May 27 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV series but poor quality DVD presentation
Published on June 23 2005 by Eagles7467

4.0 out of 5 stars It's like being visited by an old friend., May 27 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
I grew up with this show but it was deemed too violent for any of the Canadian networks to carry. But now Airwolf is back in my home to stay. I get the shivers every time they start the thing cause you know it's going to blow up something, that and the music has always been awesome. Sylvester Levay has been and always will be a genius. The first season of Airwolf also one of the best is successful because it was dark, mysterious, and the plots stayed within the realm of the almost believable. I can understand why it was cancelled after three seasons, with all those helicopters just for production each episode cost close to a million dollars to produce and in 1984 that was actually a lot of money!
I must admit however that the DVD set was somewhat thrown together. Flipping the DVDs over to save on packaging is a little cheap, that and the menus are not exactly creative. Also does there have to be a preview for other Universal TV programs each time you put in a DVD? The Pilot episode is the edited for television version, and the editing was really sloppy. I much prefer the full movie version, for the music and the character development. David Hemmings does a great insane bad guy super genius, and the editing makes it look as though he's just a sloppy pilot. Being the creator of Airwolf I think he deserves the combat scenes and music score from the original movie.
All in all though, a MUST HAVE for any Airwolf fan, it's like being reacquainted with an old friend. I can't wait for season 2!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TV series but poor quality DVD presentation, June 23 2005
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
I have been waiting a long time for these DVD's to come out and was thrilled when I got my copy of season one. Airwolf was and always will be one of the greatest action TV shows of any era, but isn't there any way the producers of these DVD's could have done a little more to improve the presentation such as better DVD menus, improved sound (2.0 mono?), and where are the special features?
Also if you look at the photos on the back of the box you will notice that two of the photos are not even from season one of Airwolf! They are photos from season 4 and are of St. John Hawke starring Barry Van Dyke and Anthony Sherwood who plays Jason Locke. Not a huge deal but gives you the idea of how quickly it appears this package was thrown together. Overall I was thrilled to get my copy of season one and look forward to future and hopefully improved versions of seasons 2, 3 and even 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airwolf - TV Series - Season 1, July 17 2012
Joel Andrews - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Airwolf - TV Series - Season 1

I hadn't seen this show since it was on in the 80's, and I decided to pick up a copy. For an 80's show, this one had high production values that allows it to stand up to some of today's standards. While at the same time having that 80's nostalgia factor. I enjoyed the show watching it all over again, I will most likely pick up the rest of the DVD sets as I can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Airwolf; Great Show, Poor Quality DVD, May 24 2005
A. Donn "airwolf_222b" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
Ok, lets be realistic here... This is THE 80's show about a superweapon that is basically unstoppable. Yes we've had this before with Knight Rider but in this case we have the awesome theme music and some excellent acting. (at least concerning the 1st season)
So I'd go out on a limb here and say its the best show of the 80's. However the presentation is lacking....
- Menu design is lacking any color or "life"
- No background music in menu's, no animations
- Poor box design... I can do better in photo-paint
- No attempt at cleaning up the image grain or sound
- 2.0 mono... thats right mono, could'nt you at least give us some sort of half assed stereo? Who does'nt have some sort of sound system in 2005?
- The pilot is edited to the TV verison, there is a "movie" verison which I own which contains some swearing and revised music (better music)
+ Its Airwolf
+ The first season is considered the best
+ The Music

5.0 out of 5 stars AIRWOLF, March 16 2010
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
Once again this is one great show I enjoyed as kid growling up and I never thought I would have in my posession a vintage extremely very rare Airwolf Production Crew Jacket and functional Airwolf helmet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Airwolf S1, July 9 2010
Clayton Fehr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
For the most part I enjoyed the series and i am considering ordering more seasons as long as they are not too high in price.

5.0 out of 5 stars epoustouflant, June 22 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
magnifique dvd surtout le pilote qui reste un passage incontournable de la serie tv

5.0 out of 5 stars Airwolf-Season 1, May 31 2005
Taheen Lopez (United States- San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Airwolf: Season One (DVD)
I think the DVD of Airwolf-Season 1 is a terrific DVD, but now that they have the complete 1st Season of Airwolf on DVD, I think they should plan on making a DVD of Airwolf's complete 2nd Season, which was Airwolf's 1984-85 Season on CBS, which should be even better than Airwolf-Season 1, because I think the Second Season of Airwolf was better than the First Season of Airwolf, so now I cant wait to see Airwolf's complete 2nd Season and I cant wait till they make a DVD of AIRWOLF- Season 2, which should be even better, especially since the 2nd Season of Airwolf has a lot more episodes than the 1st Season does, plus the 2nd Season of Airwolf is also when co-pilot Cailyn O'Shaunessy(Jean Bruce Scott) joins the cast of Airwolf too, but I personally think the 3rd Season of Airwolf is the best season of that show, not to mention that Airwolf's 3rd Season was my favorite season, which was the 1985-86 Season of Airwolf on CBS.

Airwolf: Season One
Airwolf: Season One by Jan Michael Vincent (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 46.99 CDN$ 46.97