5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
This CD applies to everyone of every age group. I love this CD and so does my 3year old son. Finally something we can share!
His favourite song is Bebot - he doesn't know what he is singing but he loves it!
Published on May 3 2006 by christine

1.0 out of 5 stars Bland Hip-Pop for 12 year olds
Published on Aug. 5 2005 by felixlazron

1.0 out of 5 stars Bland Hip-Pop for 12 year olds, Aug. 5 2005
"felixlazron" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
Okay, I find it somewhat comical that one of the reviewers here said that this is the best B.E.P's CD yet, considering the fact that this album and Elephunk have completely changed what they were. To call them a hip hop group would be an insult to hip hop. And to say that fans of K-OS would love this is absolute crap. Also, that reviewer used the word "amazing" 8 times in their review, a word that has now become meaningless.
I was a big fan of their older albums, and I even enjoyed most of "Elephunk", but this new CD has just gone too far. Amazing lyrics ?! "My humps ! My humps ! The boys all like my humps !". This CD is downright painful to listen to. What really bothers me is their recurring musical thievery throughout the album, from the first track ripping of Dick Dale to the Jack Johnson track (that even before hearing I immediately knew they probably just took his chorus from his song "Gone" and made a "Where is the Love part 2" out of).
There is nothing wrong with making popular music, dance music, even "Borrowing" elements from other songs, but to call this amazing is ridiculous. Clearly I'm outranked here, as this CD has been at #1 for weeks now, but I cringe when I listen to the lyrical content of this album. Every song is either "You want me", "You had me but did me wrong", "Dance ! Dance !" or "This is wrong with society". I really hope that "Amazing" reviewer was right when he said this was their last album. I shudder to think what previously great song they will rip-off next to get a radio / kid friendly hit.
P.S. - (...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 3 2006
christine (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars All their great hits!, Nov. 17 2012
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
I recommend! Great energy! A lot of fun for parties, work out, or whenever you need to "pump it"! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Monkey Business is crazyyyyyy..., Aug. 6 2009
Barbara Augustin (Montreal, Qc, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
I luv it, luv it, luv it! Nothing else to say! BEP reaches every people in every country. Their music is universal. This is a real piece of work!

1.0 out of 5 stars funny, Sept. 28 2005
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
1 of the best albums? this album sux. nobody buy this crap, cause black eyed peas is wierd, and the lyrics to songs suck. this is not hip hop, this is more like hip pop. this is not even a music, this is junk, keep lookin cause this is not what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good, Sept. 3 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
When I heard awesome songs like don't Lie and don't phunk with my Heart I needed to hear more great songs! lol
Great Album!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Phunk With The Best, June 11 2005
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
I recently bought "Monkey Business" and I would have to say that it surpasses what the Black Eyed Peas accomplished with Elephunk. The one thing that they were smart about was to not mess with a good thing. Fergie appears more throughout the CD. The song that stands out to me the most is "Gone Going," co-written and featuring Jack Johnson. If you liked Elephunk, pick up Monkey Business, you'll love it ten times more.

5.0 out of 5 stars FREAKIN AWESOME!!!, June 11 2005
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
OMG!!! YOU HAVE 2 GO BUY THIS CD!!! ITS SO PHUNK UP!!! THE SONGS R TOTALLY WICKED!!! TRUST ME! U WILL BE DANCING TO THE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG! ITS WORTH IT! FERGIE SINGS ALOT MORE IN THE CD THEN THE LAST ONE!!!:D:D:D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Band, June 7 2005
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
I have listened to this C.D. and I think that "The Black Eyed Peas" are an excellent bad. This C.D. have songs that are new and fresh and I would 100% recommend buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars monkey business (3.5 stars), Aug. 4 2005
Chad "nfld" (Newfoundland, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey Business (Audio CD)
well first of all I "don`t lie" some of the songs are good, "I feel it" but some are not "my style" I really "like that" song called "pump it" "They don`t want music" in the "disco club", maybe they should have a "union" haha, anyway enough of that, lets check out the songs.
PUMP IT: Excellent song! very up-beat, one of the best on the CD. 10/10
DON`T PHUNK WITH MY HEART: (1st single) I used to like this song but the radio and t.v had it on allll the time so now i`m sick of it. 4/10
MY STYLE: I think that this song or "pump it" could be the third single. this one is not too bad, maybe a little boring but it`s ok. 7/10
DON`T LIE: (2nd single) this is the softer side of the peas. cool, mellow, tropical sounding song. but fergie`s no no no`s are getting kinda old, (seeing it`s in this and the 1st single) 9/10
MY HUMPS: This song is really cool, funny lyrics but it`s ok to have fun with the lyrics sometimes. The end is pretty weird when the guys keep saying "so real" over and over and over:S that don`t fit at all. 9.5/10
LIKE THAT: HATE IT! this song is sooo annoying it`s crazy. A filler for sure. 0/10
DUM DIDDLY: I Really like this one, fergie sounds great. 9/10
FEEL IT: this song is pretty good, but not the best on the album. 6.5/10
GONE GOING: Awesome song! Jack Johnson really does his part on this one, this song wouldn`t be half as good without him. 10/10
THEY DON`T WANT MUSIC: this song is just ok, nothing special. 5.5/10
DISCO CLUB: don`t really like this one either. 6/10
BEBOT: this is a cool song, nice beat and music. 8/10
BA BUMP: this is not a great song, not much to say about it. 5/10
AUDIO DELITE AT LOW FIDELITY: the only rap sounding kinda song on the CD, just seems out of place on the album in my opinion. not a huge fan of rap music so i can`t give it much. 1/10
UNION: not too bad. Definatly a good message and a good ending too. 8/10
That`s my opinion on the songs, I guess the peas wanted to make an album that everyone would like. I`m sure there are people who like the songs I don`t like, but isn't that what taste in music is all about? and people having their own opinion on songs and what not? If all of us liked the same thing, life would be boring. The black eyed peas made a cd that everyone would find a song they liked on it and I think that`s cool so I thank them for that.
PEACE!

Monkey Business
Monkey Business by Black Eyed Peas (Audio CD - 2005)