Most Helpful First | Newest First
5.0 out of 5 stars MY FAVE,
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)My absolute favourite A7x album. Every heavy song kicks you in the throat, and the power ballads kick you in the gut (or the heart). The videos for this album were like watching little movie trailers, and you could just picture each part of the videos when listening to those songs.
This was by far my favourite era of the band. Seems like it was the height of A7x.
5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!,
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)This cd is probably the best metal cd i own right now and it is addictive.The guitar is amazing,drums=insane,bass=fabolous,vocals=plain amazing.
1.Beast And The Harlot-Cool guitar all the way through great guitar and nice drum beats theire killer and a nice solo like 2 minutes into the song.
Get off ur ass and buy this cd right now.
5.0 out of 5 stars city of evil ( can't think of anything better),
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)This cd is effing amazing. For any one who has listened to their first two cds (sounding the seventh trumpet and waking the fallen) then you know that they do not make the same cd twice, and city of evil is no different. For the most part they have ditched the emo/screamo in favour of a more old thrash/classic metal sound. And they have also pretty much gotten rid of all screaming vocals. So even if you didn't like their first two cds, you might like this. But everyone will be happy to know that they still play kick ass solos in alot of the songs. Pretty much every song kicks ass, and there is no real weak spot, so this cd will not disapoint.
ps. A7X is the best band ever.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Un disque original,
By A Customer
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)Des mélodies à la Iron Maiden, des harmonies de voix et assez de recherche dans les textes. À acheter absolument.
4.0 out of 5 stars Expected nothing... but grows on you!,
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)I was not a Avenged Sevenfold fan. I only heard the song "seize the day" & bought the album because it reminded me of a mix between Skid row & Guns n' roses "18 and life & dont' cry". I was not expecting to enjoy the rest of the album as I was told that it is more heavy rock metal. But to my surprise all the other songs are good & grew on me within 1 week. As a rock fan & am now adding this band to my collection. It reminded me of Pantera's rythm guitar, Slash's solos & Iron Maiden melodies. A lot of influences from 90's rock. I am now a fan! Sold!
4.0 out of 5 stars Ummmm.... Speechless,
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)A7X Is back... with "City Of Evil". This CD Is good. But, if you enjoy screamo/emo music, i suggest you don't buy this. But, if you are a Green Day or B-182 fan, you should get your hands on this cd. But, not the first two A7X (It's a bit harcore)... I recommend city of evil to "not so screamo puk rock fans" and don't Recommend it for "Emo/Screamo People".
I give this cd 4 stars. If you still aren't sure, listen to "Beast of the Harlot" and it'll change your mind!!!
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing,
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)Avenged Sevenfold have once again topped the standards they had once established. Like most fans, I didn't think they could make an album better than Waking The Fallen which was in my opinion phenomenal. A7X are back with a very metal sounding album with punk, hardcore, and even latino influences. Could this get any better? I do miss Shadows' screams, but this album truly shows his talent as a singer.
1. The Beast and the Harlot: Great opener. The drumming couldn't get any better and the main guitar riff is awesome. Very catchy chorus, great drum and guitar solo. 10/10
2. Burn it Down: Great vocals on this one. I love the way the drum beats are always different but somehow all fit together. The intro melody is great too. 10/10
3. Blinded in Chains: Another awesome song. Reminds me of Waking the Fallen. Great chorus. Amazing mini drum solo at 2:50. 9/10
4. Bat Country: Surely the easiest song from the album to put on air. Very catchy chorus, great harmonies in the middle of the song. It is a bit pop-sounding but will make a great first single. 8/10
5. Trashed and Scattered: Very punk-influenced. Great vocal harmonies in the end. 9/10
6. Seize the Day: I was hoping for another ballad from A7X. And this is it. We feel the passion in Shadows voice again in this song. The guitar solo says it all...10/10
7. Sidewinder: I never thought we could turn from metal to latino in just one song. But A7X did it and it couldn't sound any better. The outro is simply amazing. 10/10
8. The Wicked End: This is about the only time on the album where we can actually hear and feel the bass guitar. Another awesomely built song. The bridge with the choir is unbelievable. The imagery of the lyrics; awesome. Such passion. This is the wicked end, for sure. 10/10
9. Strength of the World: Amazing intro. Reminds me of Wherever I May Roam by Metallica. Such a great build-up. The rest of the song is a bit disappoingting though. But then again...the outro is so powerful...7/10
10. Betrayed: Great all-around song. Amazing intro riff. 10/10
11. M.I.A.: This is probably the song that was the hardest to get used to. It has become one of my favorite song now. There are many ways to interpret this song but the most obvious theme is war. "To challenge me you must be strong" Shadows shouts. Great guitar solos and lyrics. The outro is powerful. Such a shattered but proud voice. 10/10
As I said many times, incredible album. Avenged Sevenfold have once again surpassed the capabilities. Their musicianship has incredibly improved. Sadly the bass guitar seems to be left out on this album. But even then, a very worthy buy.
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars City of Evil,
This review is from: City of Evil (Audio CD)One of the best albums I ever bought...all the songs are great,long and very innovative and creative...from start to finish there is not one song you will dislike...
fav songs: Beast and The Harlot
(note: that the only song that is not mentioned is Blinded In Chains...its cuz its a bit weird...but instrumental wise...its okay)
Most Helpful First | Newest First