5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Change DVD
The DVD came very fast and there were no issues or problems. The movie was very funny and the whole family enjoyed it very much. Thank you
Published on Sept. 12 2011 by Steve

2.0 out of 5 stars a little disappointing
I don't know if it's because I bought this movie with expectations too great for a comedy released in early 90's. Or because I saw it after having seen all other great masterpieces of Bill Murray including Groundhog Day, What About Bob and The Man Who Knew Too Little. But this one was a little disappoining. In contrast to most the reviews you'll see here, I'll say it...
Published on May 13 2001 by Grigory Chupin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Change DVD, Sept. 12 2011
This review is from: Quick Change [Import] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars New York's Finest Thieves, June 7 2004
Rocco Dormarunno (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
Bill Murray, Geena Davis and Randy Quaid play New York's perfect criminals. They have the perfect bank robbery plan. It's perfectly executed. The only thing that gets in the way is the city in which they operate. The city that spawned these crooks, also spawned the madness (the same madness that frustrated Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis in THE OUT OF TOWNERS) that get in the way of their getaway. From the opening scene of Bill Murray in a clown costume, I knew I was in for a quirky film, but it was much more than that. This was a surprisingly funny movie that captures the essential oddities of the city. Philip Bosco plays a bus driver who would better be suited as a Marine drill sergeant at Parris Island, and he's just one of the eccentrics. I won't give anything else away. Just take my advice and give this underrated film a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Murray Classic, March 6 2004
Plurabelle (Egg Harbor Twp, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
Although not very well known, this remains one of Bill Murray's funniest & most original films. Feeling frustrated with his life and NYC in general, a city planner comes up with the perfect bank robbery scheme, with the help of his girlfriend and best friend. Getting away with the money ends up being the easiest part of their day. Everything imaginable that can go wrong, does as the three attempt to make it to the airport. Quaid is especially good as the dimbulb best friend, and Murray is dead-on perfect as the subdued brains behind the almost perfect crime. Murray also co-directed.
Highly underrated, & more then worth checking out.

5.0 out of 5 stars "We came...about the MONEY"., Jan. 9 2004
abcpc1 "abcpc1" (Los Angeles, CA. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
No matter WHAT reviewers said about this film when it was released, it's one of Murray's FUNNIEST! To list all of the UTTERLY HILARIOUS moments would take way too long, do yourself a favor a see it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest movie ever, Dec 22 2003
Jonathan (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
Genious. Anyone that didnt enjoy this movie sucks ass.

5.0 out of 5 stars where's the dvd?, May 19 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
Very funny movie, great cast and story.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry to disagree - but I thought it was awful, May 18 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
Maltin's film book says this is very funny, and Bill Murray
can be very good, but I thought this was a waste of talented
people, with weak jokes and situations. I thought the actors were trying not to look embarrased
while dealing with weak material.
Other reviewers praise it highly -- I wish I could agree with them, but I can't. (I'm glad I taped it from TV -- now I can erase it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars GENIUS COMEDY!, Feb. 12 2003
JUAN MARTINEZ (McAllen, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
EXCELLENT COMEDY! OUTRAEOUS! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST OF BILL MURRAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONCE UPON A TIME BILL MURRAY WAS A LEADING MAN., Aug. 12 2002
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
BEFORE LENDING TOP SUPPORT IN THE LIKES OF 'WILDTHINGS', 'CHARLES ANGELS',& 'THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS'. MR. MURRAY WAS A HELLA GOOD LEADING MAN. I'M SURE WE HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF HIM IN TOP BILLING. THIS IS MURRAY AT HIS BEST (IN FRONT & BEHIND CAMERA). I ASSUMMED THIS MOVIE WAS A BIG HIT. HOWEVER AFTER READING SOME OF THE OTHER... REVIEWS, I REALIZED IT'S A LOST COMEDY GEM THAT MANY HAVEN'T SEEN. IT'S ASHAME COZ IT'S SUCH A GREAT COMEDY. MURRAY, GEENA DAVIS AND RANDY QUAID ARE A WONDERFUL COMEDIC TRIO. THE TRUTH IS I SAW THIS MOVIE TEN YEARS AGO AND LOVED IT SO MUCH.. THAT I BOUGHT IT AND WATCH IT A NUMBER OF TIMES. IT HAS SOME OF THE FUNNIEST DIALOGUE, WHICH CAN'T BE PRINTED HERE DUE TO PROFANITY.. IT REALLY SHOCKS ME THAT THERE IS A WAREHOUSE FULL OF MOVIES ON DVD THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT, BUT THIS GREAT COMEDY CLASSIC IS BEING IGNORED. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

4.0 out of 5 stars ¡Flores! ¡Flores de los muertos!, June 2 2002
Robert J. Steele "moforising" (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quick Change (VHS Tape)
It's always fun to introduce people to this movie. It doesn't take much, surprisingly few have seen it.
In a nutshell, a clown walks into a bank and robs it. It goes off without a hitch and he escapes with his two accomplices. All that's left is for them to make it to the airport and get out of the country. Sounds simple doesn't it?
I don't think anybody in the theater I saw this at was prepared for what followed. At the best of times, this movie is so hilarious you'll be doubled over in your seat. The "jousting" scene ranks as one of my favorite moments of screen comedy of all time. Yes, during the final arc of the film there are several flat scenes, but they're still pretty funny, and don't detract from the overall film.
See it for the wealth of abundance in it's details. Tony Shaloub's cab driver is burned into my brain. The music is upbeat, instantly recognizable. Jason Robards is unflappable. Watch the policeman pose for applause as he steps out of the monster truck. See a clown point a gun at a small dog.
Really, the best you can say about this movie is that it brings the funny. If you haven't seen it, go out and rectify the situation. And let's see a DVD! I'd love to hear some director's commentary on this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Quick Change [Import]
Quick Change [Import] by Howard Franklin (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 18.74 CDN$ 4.49